PC1 Banned for no reason!

You're right about the FFB, I have a Fiat Ducato he has no FFB but I sit in it and can feel wath ever he does.
That's not possibele in a race sim at home ( I'm not talking about proffesional simmulators ).

We only have the wheel and that why we need al the FFB to get a nice race feeling.

I just started reading this thread. I'm happy that I never became a member of pCars and I never will be. I even think I'm not going to buy pCars when it is released. The comment (written in red in other posts) what WDM members HAVE TO SAY about pCars outside the WDM forum is the most ridiculous thing I ever read about an agreement. Also the fact that you can get banned from nogrip for what you're writing on the WDM forum is unexceptable (IMO).

If it is true that pCars is based on Shift, I think (personal opinion) that pCars is not going to be worth buying.

Netkar Pro and probably Assetto Corsa are the ultimate sims IMHO.

This is already classic. In other words you say "I have no idea what WMD and pCARS is, but I hate it."

Of course you have a right to, this is your personal opinion after all. I hope you will like Assetto Corsa, I am also looking forward to it.

0,01 cents is too much to find out if a product is good or not. It needs to be verified before the purchase, just like picking up oranges at the local grocers ...
Looks to me like you didn't understand the WMD concept? You're not paying to 'find out if the product is good', you buy a membership to actively participate in developing the game and your membership fee helps funding the project. When the game is finished and start selling, you'll get a discount equal to your membership fee and you'll share in the profit.

I can understand that if you're low on income it may not be the the thing for you to participate in, but at least you should get the facts right :)

Well thank god you don't have a financial interest here. That's all I will say. You are biased in so may ways. It's embarrassing. You should not be a moderator on nogrip unless you can prove you are neutral. Moderators are supposed to be moderate and to moderate fairly. Perhaps you don't understand that principle?
Funny how people keep twisting and turning things. I've said it a thousand times already but it's all on deaf ears apparently: proper argumented and factual criticism is never moderated/censored anywhere, but writing down lies disguised as opinions is.

His main goal is to protect SMS{his employer}, as they're trying to pass pcars off as a sim and hope to con people into believing it is.
And again, I´m trying to separate truth from lies. And you saying that SMS is "trying to pass pcars off as a sim and hope to con people into believing it is" is another lie (or rather, libel) without any argumentation behind it.

Lol Not sure I ever called anyone names, or called anyone a liar or anything really? I didnt realise the WMD forum was a working part of teh job, so I accept that. But I would never have played the game again anyway so I dont really give a damn.

I just complained about the quality of a new sort of game, called into question the legality of peoples laptimes (which was not to say they were lying, more how on earth can you lap that quick with game physics this dire) and talked about another game in, er a part of the forum where you talk about other games!
You "just" complained, right? Looks like you're forgetting your own words? Or is that what you call "just complaining"? Okay, so maybe you missed the part where you were requested to help the game forward instead of pissing all over it when you joined the project, but are you really surprised that you don't get all "Liked" by the game devs after posting such feedback?

Still, you didn't get banned from WMD, you left of your own accord, as shown here. And disabling an account has to be done technically by banning it, yes.

The reason for a ban on nogrip seems to be only because one person is emphatically involved with that firm and didn't like me telling that story, just remove the bloody thread, no need ban me? Jeez
No, it's because of you saying this:

But hey, they lose, I shall now badmouth them [SMS] to anyone I ever see on forums.

I don't need that on my forum, especially if the reason for it is a wrong one, too.

I dont know, some people when they become mods, you can even imagine them sitting typing with a dayglo NCP jacket on.

Move on please
And you were just being Mother Theresa all the time, right, being totally fair and well-mannered in all your postings? As usual it's always the moderator's fault because we're so biased and power-hungry :rolleyes:

Give up man will you

All done and forgotten now, so please drop it. I have.

But if you must know, the fact that this thread has run as long as it has says a lot, and it was NOT started by me.

And again, I´m trying to separate truth from lies. And you saying that SMS is "trying to pass pcars off as a sim and hope to con people into believing it is" is another lie (or rather, libel) without any argumentation behind it.

If pcars is a sim, then EVO, FVA, GSC, rf2 and iracing are not.
pcars sux as a sim...it may or may not be a decent simcade, but sim, that's just absurd{certainly at this stage}.
Now don't forget, you're the same person who always challenges people to "prove" Shift2 isn't a sim, IOW, you strongly believe it to be one, or you were simply trying to hoodwink readers on behalf of your employer.

Looks to me like you didn't understand the WMD concept? You're not paying to 'find out if the product is good', you buy a membership to actively participate in developing the game and your membership fee helps funding the project. When the game is finished and start selling, you'll get a discount equal to your membership fee and you'll share in the profit.

I can understand that if you're low on income it may not be the the thing for you to participate in, but at least you should get the facts right :)

I think i've got it just right and you misquoted me. That post was a reply for another where the person was talking about paying up 10 euros to test a product..

But i do not believe that 10€ contribution will get anyone any profit back what-so-ever, that's just bull..I do believe that the contribution will be returned in a form of discounts that is more than the sum initially paid. It's not that i don't trust SMS, it's just that i don't trust anyone. Specially when they are asking money to do work, usually it is the employer paying the employee.

Also the fact that when i look at my posts, i'm not being mean or trolling in anyway but just giving my HONEST opinion. That would no doubt result of me getting in troubles. I would be kicked out too at some point for saying things like i see it and not sugarcoating them. You opened the developement but are not willing to accept the dark side of public discussion. I had already forgot about this, BTW.. Thanks for reminding me once again.

The concept is interesting and i hope you guys get a real good high quality sim out, SMS surely has the potential and talents to make that happen. I haven't tested the product so i can't say anything else. I'll leave my judgement to a later stage but i can tell you that i have never bought a game/software without testing it first.

LAWL, you all crack me up. Before pcars ever hit the ground it was understood how the project was going to be funded. Nobody is asking any of you yahoos to buy in but you still seem to have opinions on it. Everyone is so petty with this "is it sim or arcade" blah blah blah crap. Most of you deskchair drivers have no clue what its like behind a real wheel so how the hell do u know what is sim or not. GT5 isnt anything like iracing or netkar pro (assetto corsa? not even out yet ffs!) but those gt5 winners did allright in a real car at le mans. I have just about every sim out there and i love them all even pcars. For all you know it alls that keep saying its like shift, how the hell do u know if you havent even driven it? I have driven shift 1 and 2 and pcars is so much better than them and its still early in development. The dtm car is driving very well at the moment and taking it around spa with the overcast and fog is 100 percent pure joy. If you are skipping out on pcars because of others than you are only hurting yourselves because any fan of motorsport and simracing will find some joy in it. Im a full content iracer, rfactor, rfactor 2, race 07, rbr, and netkar and i have spent so much more time with pcars because it makes me happy. If you havent driven it keep ur opinions away because you have no clue and if you are part of the team and have issues, do it in a productive way cuz thats what this is about. Saying the physics are **** or the graphics suck make you look like a moron because its not finished yet so there should be issues.

L. Most of you deskchair drivers have no clue what its like behind a real wheel so how the hell do u know what is sim or not. .

And how do you know?

We know by also owning the same games you own, and by doing comparisons...and in comparison, pcars is much more shift2 than it is Game Stock car for example....GSC requires very precise braking, but pcars is mash fest on the brakes.

Most of my comments were directed at the people who are trashing it but have never even driven it. If you have driven it and dont like it than I completely understand. The problem is that you are comparing pcars with sims that are already released (besides rf2 which is kinda crappy at the moment) but it's still got development time before its final. I have been part of it since the beginning and in just 6 months it has made huge strides. It was awful in the beginning but now it is quite fun in my opinion. Either way though, it is not a final product so shouldnt really be compared to iracing, rfactor, netkar, etc...... i never said i PREFER pcars, if you would actually read i said that "i love them all even pcars"

I guess i just dont understand. Pcars has never claimed to be anything so why waste your time arguing against it?? If you dont like it, dont sign up, it's pretty simple actually. Anyone who drops the money on it should know that they are spending their money on a sim in development and therefore shouldn't have the lofty expectations of a finished product.

I think its completely fair to compare PCARS to any other games in universe. Iracing, rFactor 2 and LFS are being updated with new physics, graphics, sounds and they are all work in progress products. You never know what the future updates brings so the games should be compared as it is and not what it might be one day.

You may say that PCARS is just a alpha version but its available to public even thought you have to pay to get access. Its not closed test and in my opinion the developer should allow people to speak freely about their product. Censoring the bad points and allowing just the good isnt what I like to see.

I guess i just dont understand. Pcars has never claimed to be anything so why waste your time arguing against it?? I.

I was under the impression the aim was a sim, and they were aiming for something as "good" as netkapro......but they're lightyears away from that or Ferrari FVA for example.
Now for some, that might be a good thing, but for me, most of these simcade games always have problems{other than maybe Dirt2/3}.

ffs jari they arent censoring the bad points, please get a clue before you post. they want the bad feedback just not in the form of "this is ****" and"the physics are wank". for something in development its not productive. i honestly think rfactor 2 is garbage right now but i also have the common sense to know that its in development so i hold back my judgement. if you dont like pcars and the way its being developed thats fine, just ask for your money back.

iracing and lfs may be constant work in progress but they have released finished products and tweak them to make them better. pcars isnt even close to a finish product yet so your comparison is a bit void :)

They do. I gave some perfect normal feedback on the FFB on the WMD a month ago or so. No rant or anything. Just normal behaviour like i do on any forum.
Got attacked by several members right away and before i could respond normally on that. The thread was locked and deleted.
They treat people really bad there if you have some slight critism. With i just call feedback in my eyes as they are asking for it.
I dont have really hopes for the product atm as they only want to hear the positive feedback and not the negative. And that isnt really gonna help the games progress.

OK, for my four penneth again.

The main reason for my complaint in the game was that i could not see how anyone could lap the tracks as fast they could with such awful game FFB and steering. Sour grapes clearly, but I thought worth a mention as obviously some players were able to feel comfy and set the car and wheel up to set decent times and stuff.

I could have gone about a different way, but this was heat of the moment stuff after playing for a bit and getting utterly frustrated with the lack of feel and all the things we know are wrong.

This then developed into a very clear "he will be banned soon" lets stoke him up type deal which was fair enough, typical from peopel like this who are paid up and protective of their baby.

I dont personally have an issue with that, as maybe it was justified, I DIDNT realise that the forum was used as a development area. But in all fairness the posts were put in the section entitled leaderboards, so hardly huge physics central and not really likely to be a thread imperative to the end product. I did post normal comment in other sections, but these, typically were totally ignored by Bell and his "mates".

What I DO have an issue with is posting all this on nogrip where I was subsequently banned from with no explanation or reason other than one of the mods is linked to the game, now that to me is utterly unjustifiable. I posted a comment there to explain all this, it was taken down and I was totally banned.

Ban me from the forum for a time yes, send a warning yes. Banned forever, now that is a crock of whatever!

This thread has gone on forr quite a while here, and seems to be one of the few that keeps getting added to, very few of the game threads attract attention, same can be said of nogrip actually!

That says it all for me

As usual it's always the moderator's fault because we're so biased and power-hungry :rolleyes:

I can't believe you just said that. I have never seen a moderator as biased as you Redi ever on any forum. You might be a great moderator (in your own eyes and your mates) but by god, you are totally unfair in your moderation from what I have seen on the Pcars side of things on Nogrip. But I don't blame you, you have a vested interest being connected with Pcars. But don't ever try and pull the wool over people eyes here, per...leeeeeease.:rolleyes:

We will see what Pcars has to offer when it goes retail one day, uptil then if people want to critisise the alpha builds here, they can without fear of banning. I personally like the way it's going sim wise but will not pay to become a beta tester for a company that will eventually charge for DLC ( I reckons that's whats planned eh?;)) Alpha builds should be free, after all, we are testing and feeding info to the devs, why the eck should we pay for that priveledge?:mad:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back