PC1 Banned for no reason!

I just hope pimphand has the guts to turn up, lol.

So.. you'll get some sort of satisfaction if I'm bad at playing a game? I don't think I'm all that bad at it. I did happen to win the first Shift 2 hotlap competition and got a rather nice prize for that which I still use. I'll admit though (for your pleasure of course) that I don't spend excessive amounts of time playing racing games. I play them to have fun, and don't think that it's a particularly effective way to make some sort of statement about a person based on their results.

I'll definitely be up for some MP though.. but maybe not right after release. I might be busy trying to figure out what super-car I want to buy. I'm not sure if I want to go the GT-R route, the Ferrari route, or maybe something like a Jag or Aston Martin. I'm not sure. My S-550 was recently stolen out of my garage, so I might need to buy another 100k luxury sedan first. Felix thinks I should get a Jaguar though, and he makes a strong case for it.

Hmmm.. I just looked at my record profile at WMD and my results are rather poor. Well, the only thing I actually put much effort into recently is the Formula A at Mugello, because I find that combination very sublime. It would seem I have the #4 time, out of 698. I know.. I know.. not even on the podium. Maybe if I spent some time with the setup I could crack the top 3. Would you like me to do that, David? Would it make you feel a little better if I spent some more time trying to set records that will get erased in a few weeks rather than just driving around to get a feel for how the game is performing?

If that would make you love me, I'll put in a few hours to get some more top 10 results if you like. Or, I could just not try and set records so you can keep criticizing me for being bad at a video game an 'lol-ing' when the mood strikes you.

It's up to you.

PS RD site owners. The title of this thread is defamatory and false. Looking around your site, there appears to be zero moderation of a litany of lies and libleous statements about our company and our product.

While it was fun for a while it's been going on a little too long. I'll ask nicely that you moderate the more legally dangerous statements here.

Cheers!

Ian

PS RD site owners. The title of this thread is defamatory and false. Looking around your site, there appears to be zero moderation of a litany of lies and libleous statements about our company and our product.

While it was fun for a while it's been going on a little too long. I'll ask nicely that you moderate the more legally dangerous statements here.

Cheers!

Ian
OMG its the pCars police chief. Run, hide or ask for a polical asylum in China( O wait I'm from Holland, I can say what I want here ):D

Cheers!

Ian

You are welcome to report anything you consider goes personally against you or others, and therefore violates our Terms of Service.

We will inmediately take action to correct such behaviours, but we won't defend any commercial interest and therefore we won't censor any personal opinion about a product or the way it's developed if it doesn't violate our Terms of Service.

This is something is part of RD philosophy as community and independent website, as much as it is to defend developer's work by being one of the most commited communities in the encouragement of legal software use.

Check here

This is really all we have to say on this matter, as I say you can report anything you consider is out of the rules and our moderators will evaluate it.

Regarding the title of this thread, you should read it as "Rob Every says he was Banned for No Reason", like every other thread in this forum, are users who create the threads. You can read "really dissapointing" or "terrible force feedback" in other games forums, and inside sometimes users agree and sometimes don't, and sometimes the OP gets corrected... that's how an independent forum works.

Have a nice day.

I was under the impression that site owners aren't liable for libelous comments made my others. That's usually what comes first in the fine print when joining a public forum.

Even if that's not the case, I'm still not sure how people moderating this forum would determine what is and what isn't a part of the "litany of lies and libleous statements", if they're not involved in the project.

Nice introduction indeed.

Because people has right to disagree and a place to discuss, while respecting some rules.

It's reopened because I asked the moderator that closed it to do it, because there is not objective reason to close it.

PCARS is more than a simple sim, they promised a new business model and a community interaction that either in positive or negative is a legitimate object of discussion... it's part of the product.

I'm sick of censoring all around simracing sites regarding PCARS, seems like everybody owe them something or they are the over the rest.

I've seen 363692838399399 people just saying rFactor 2 is crap here and in "other websites" and surprisingly that is ok, while all referring PCARS its a drama, almost like if it was unethical in this precise case.

OMG IT'S SO UNFAIR IT'S WONDERFUL YOU JUST HATER I WILL VE RICH WITH MY 10$ INVESTMENT!

Then back to the rF2 thread to say how crap it will be.

It isnt about censoring, its about nipping a flame war in the bud when a discussion is going nowhere other than a pub brawl. It isnt about whether or not you like something, you can discuss a subject without resorting to childish remarks, insults and general slagging each other off.

Of all the sim racing websites that discuss Project CARS I visit, none of them have turned out like this, nobody needed to be banned or no threads need be locked because even if the subject gets heated with people liking/disliking, agreeing or disagreeing, none of those threads turned into massive trollfests.

If people can't treat each other with respect, post constructively and take into consideration other opinions when they are expressing their own, then how are they going to ever have a meaningful discussion where others take them seriously?

When you have members who don't want to be associated with the website anymore due to this specific thread, it speaks in volumes about what I am saying.

If people can't treat each other with respect, post constructively and take into consideration other opinions when they are expressing their own, then how are they going to ever have a meaningful discussion where others take them seriously?

This thread was a meaningful discussion. Many people connected with WMD/SMS continued to flame the situation. Look at the likes of Micas and his attempts to rile everyone up on purpose (he even admits that he does so in a recent thread on NoGrip where he also rips into the RD site owners and moderators by the way). Opinions that are negative are not wanted on the WMD forums and now not on the NoGrip forums, so are we only to discuss the games merits now? There has been absolutely no respect shown to the very many paid up members/beta testers/investors who have been terminated by Bell and his chronies on the WMD forum for saying the most innocent things in a negative way. When you have Bell telling everyone there that they are too see themselves as his employees on the WMD site and act accordingly or they will be fired, what do you expect but some animosity?

Respect has to go both ways and they have inflamed the situation even more with their policy of deleting memberships and taking their money, if said member disagree's with anything and shows it publicly. Disgusting behaviour from a company that was once respected.

Cheers!

Ian
Actually Bell, can you point out the lies and defamatory and libleous statements anywhere?
You say it was fun for while, that's nice for you. I suppose you mean in the way your trained troll (Pimphand) riles members up? He admits to doing so on your controlled site No Grip too. And while we are on the subject can you also point out to me what legally dangerous statements are being made? Actually, can you threaten the site owners like that? I'd ban you if I owned the site purely for the threats.

It isnt about censoring, its about nipping a flame war in the bud when a discussion is going nowhere other than a pub brawl. It isnt about whether or not you like something, you can discuss a subject without resorting to childish remarks, insults and general slagging each other off.

Of all the sim racing websites that discuss Project CARS I visit, none of them have turned out like this, nobody needed to be banned or no threads need be locked because even if the subject gets heated with people liking/disliking, agreeing or disagreeing, none of those threads turned into massive trollfests.

When you have members who don't want to be associated with the website anymore due to this specific thread, it speaks in volumes about what I am saying.

It's easier to keep conversations nice if you ban and delete opposing views :)

Few people left because of this thread? They left then, they were not ban at least.

If we start censoring and we loose our independence many more will leave because they wouldnt want to be in such place.

I don't see insults on this thread to be honest, just hard critics sometimes, but you can report anything you perceive as offensive.

We should all pack up and move to China...as far as commenting on pCars is concerned. It'd be less restrictive.

Don't offer any suggestions. They view that as telling them how to do their business.
Only post private links to video... which shows nothing negative.
No pointing out any faults for repair...because its pre-alpha.
No questioning sensitive moderators...less they all gang-up and give infractions while giving 'high-fives' to each other.
Whats next? No talking?

Hello haters :)

So after six years (or seven if I include GTR) of full support for your titles (GTR2, GT Legends, Shift 1 and Shift 2 Unleashed) with forums, daily club races and high quality leagues this is the way you make your first post to say hello to the simracing community you love so much?

Because five to ten people in this thread obviously don't like pCARS as a game we are now all of a sudden "haters"? (adding a smiley won't make it less offensive).

I have bought all games mentioned above and also will include pCARS once it is finished. If that makes me a hater then so be it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.