Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
Had some short time with it and i must say it looks and feels great, excellent job Reiza ! I tried the rallycross and trucks but as i expected i dont really like them but thats just my personal taste of autoracing. Now we just need to wait till some mods get released and then this is going to get really good. AMS will surely keep me entertained till your guys next release ! Keep up the good work guys.

I can't seem to bind keys properly with the dynHUD editor. It can see input from my G27 but doesn't recognise buttons correctly - the key binding editor seems to think I've pressed a button number one less than actual, eg it recognises button 22 as 21. Same for all buttons. In game none of the bindings, correct or otherwise work.

I'm trying to bind a button to enable/disable plugin so I can see HUD when I need it. Anyone had similar experience? Apologies if blindingly obvious in help files, I may have missed something.

Physics, FFB, simulating racing, multiplayer, flag rules, jumping race start, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc...............

The tyre model, both front and especially the rear are incredible now.
Physics seem epic, well beyond anything else, well, at least with my G27.
I like AC as a driving model, but I usually get bored as the physics lack the depth you find in real PC sims like AMS, in fact, AC physics aren't even better than GTR EVO for example, FFB might be, but if you're someone who wants the challenge of the real thing, AMS feels/drives impressively.

Reiza, please tell me you guys put the setup notes feature back in...It's in RF1, RF2, GTL, GTR 2, Race 07, etc. etc. I don't understand why it was left out for FT and SCE. It's one of those things that doesn't seem a big deal but is actually a very big deal to people who use it for all sorts of notes. Please tell me it's been finally added :)

The tyre model, both front and especially the rear are incredible now.
Really? I haven't played yet as I don't have my wheel all setup yet but it seemed like from the videos that the core physics hadn't changed much from the standard ISI tyre model / pMotor. Other than some "features" (eg. flat spots, rubber build up, upped physics refresh rate), the overall vehicle behavior/dynamics/kinematics seemed extremely ISI engine-ish to me. Can you confirm that there indeed has been core tyre model / pMotor changes other than "features" added in?

P.S. A tyre model is a tyre model. I'm pretty sure there aren't two different core tyre models for front and rear tyres in any videogame. I'm questioning your statements now about a new tyre model (no offense).

Last edited:
Reiza, please tell me you guys put the setup notes feature back in...It's in RF1, RF2, GTL, GTR 2, Race 07, etc. etc. I don't understand why it was left out for FT and SCE. It's one of those things that doesn't seem a big deal but is actually a very big deal to people who use it for all sorts of notes. Please tell me it's been finally added :)
It has been added.

Really? I haven't played yet as I don't have my wheel all setup yet but it seemed like from the videos that the core physics hadn't changed much from the standard ISI tyre model / pMotor. Other than some "features" (eg. flat spots, rubber build up, upped physics refresh rate), the overall vehicle behavior/dynamics/kinematics seemed extremely ISI engine-ish to me. Can you confirm that there indeed has been core tyre model / pMotor changes other than "features" added in?
Personally I think all the improvements we are feeling (besides new features) comes from the higher frequency physics. And it's very nice.

Reactions: hex
@Renato Simioni
I don't know if this is affecting any one else, but the time of day seems broken. I just tried Brazilia and Interlagos. No difference between 2pm and 8pm at all. Had to take it to 10;30 and then pitch black. Is this a known bug?

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea