Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
Steam is a horrible system... after getting tired of waiting for the downloads 6hrs+ (up 8GB downloaded) I closed steam and turned off my PC... now I login in to find out I'm back to 0Mb downloaded... I hope future updates are not in full... because this is extremely painful.

can someone confirm I can't quit steam once I start the download? or turn off the PC.
I have the same issue. And worse...after 11.5 GB of downloading, it now deleted all my files and wants to start a third time.

- would be nice if the V10 with auto upshifts enabled would give me to option to also manually upshift, to save the engine for example.
- the formula cars still snap violently left/right when there is wheelspin out of a slow corner, but luckily the V10 has TC settings.

You can bind a key for in car activation or to disable and the options can be found in the garage

Downloading right now ! I love my internet speed, especially when i see some guys taking 12 hours to complete only to get a restart because of a update. Hang in there my brothers :p
fc2mq.jpg

Automobilista is great improvement over SCE. Better graphics at better frame rate. I used to get occasional stuttering with SCE when using AMD crossfire. Now it is butter smooth, not even the slightest stutter, and also increased frame rate. Dynamic track is awsome. Graphics are beautiful, more natural look than Assetto Corsa.
I'm not sure if it's me but the auto blip and auto lift option did not seem to work. I tried it with the skip barber and the camaro and didn't work. I had to manually lift throttle when shifting otherwise engine revs up during shift. I know they are stick shifters, but sometimes i like to use paddle shifter for better lap times.
But overall, great sim.

I have the same issue. And worse...after 11.5 GB of downloading, it now deleted all my files and wants to start a third time.

Sorry to hear that. It seems that Steam might not handle resuming well if the main build has been updated since you started the download - which isn't great. Updates should be a bit more regular as time goes on.

Hopefully you guys can get it all downloaded asap. There's not much we can do about it really, we need to fix issues...

Found a little bug. Running the Copa Petrobras in an AI race as the Honda in Cordoba. Went through Practice and Qualifying then when I went to start the race (rolling start), all wheel controls didn't work. Restarting the race didn't work. I had to exit to the race monitor and restart the race there where it worked just fine.

I'm running two AMD radeon 7970 in crossfire. AA set to 8x supersampeling in AMD Catalyst (override application settings). Everything else is set within the game. All graphics option maxed out, except for motion blur (OFF) and shadows on medium. I use Vsync, since I only have a 60HZ monitor. Along with vsync I also limit frame rate to 60. The result is super smooth gameplay under any conditions on any track, no stutter at all. Automobilista is one of the few games I can run in crossfire without issues.

I've had an odd Steam problem I've never had before; Downloaded about 4-5gigs of AMS last night, resumed today and noticed its started from the beginning!
Oh well guess I'll have to have this running a lot longer this evening!

edit: seen further reports of this above, will make sure I get it fully this evening then :)

Sorry to hear that. It seems that Steam might not handle resuming well if the main build has been updated since you started the download - which isn't great. Updates should be a bit more regular as time goes on.

Hopefully you guys can get it all downloaded asap. There's not much we can do about it really, we need to fix issues...
I think I will just wait a little longer. It really finished 11.5 GB in one go, then deleted itself. No idea why, but happened a few years ago with another Steam game. It will all be good in time.

• Deleted member 130869

How many people here still have Automobilista Beta showing up as the only AMS in their library?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.