Automobilista is now available on Steam Early Access

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Automobilista Cars.jpg

AUTOMOBILISTA puts you in the driving seat of one of the most advanced racing simulators and delivers a uniquely diverse motorsports experience!

As the natural successor to Reiza Studios´ previous title - the highly regarded Stock Car Extreme, originally released in 2013 - AUTOMOBILISTA continues to simulate the premium Brazilian racing series such as Stock Car V8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, Formula 3 Brasil and Mitsubishi Lancer Cup, now packing every car and every track from their respective 2015 championships.

Beyond the brazilian core, AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles you will find in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross EvoX to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through historical and modern content featuring a sample of several decades of GP racing - all of this and much more within a few mouse clicks. Thoroughly researched and cohesively developed for maximum simulation accuracy, AUTOMOBILISTA captures the fun only motorsports in its various forms can provide.

In addition to the content already present in Stock Car Extreme - all of which comprehensively upgraded - AUTOMOBILISTA turns it up to a new level by adding all the new cars & tracks proposed in the SimRacing Bonanza crowdfunding campaign, new simulation features such as dynamic track conditions, advanced transmission and tire modelling, substantial upgrades to physics, graphics & audio, new game modes and much more!

Keep in mind the title is still an advanced beta and being released in Early Access - some bits and bobs still to add and improvements to be made. We´ll also be sharing more information as to how to get the best out of Automobilista as we progress through the week.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Do not copy your player PLR, controller or config.ini from SCE or any previous title. Save yourself some trouble and start fully fresh.

Last edited:
You can turn off your PC and continue the download later (this is why Steam is good). Something went wrong mate =/

If he started the original download before Reiza pushed the update, Steam may have decided to just redo the download with the included update. I'm not sure how Steam handles something like that, but it could be a possibility.

was there an update since yesterdays release?
I think more than one, I let it downloading and when I came back home there was an extra 80mb

@Renato Simioni
2 bug reports
Changing the HUD in options cause conflict. Like, it comes with DynHud, if you go to Native and back to DynHud the HUD option will be off. So On with Native, off with Dynhud.
And then second report related to first one. Due to that you have to turn it on while in the race. This freezes part of the hud as you can see in the screen shot. Map, gear, speed, tire, brake, etc all frozen. Control imput still works.

Attachments

• GRAB_001.JPG
    GRAB_001.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
I think Reiza needs to get their stuff together... Steam decided to do an update again... reset and back to 0MB downloads... starting from scratch again... I give up...

I never been this frustrated in a long time...

So I finally figured out how to use Launch Control with the Formula V10. Such a cool little toy.

I'm still trying to figure out how different TC levels affect general speed, like if talented drivers (ie. better than me lol) would ever get a benefit from using higher than Low setting depending on track, tire wear, etc.

Will I think if one asks asks for $$$ and releases a software to the general public like this... we should at minimum be able to download and install...

If you guys are right Reiza is updating this multiple times a day than it may explain it as the versions changes before I finish downloading... forcing me re-restart from scratch... so could be a combination of Reiza doing and me not understanding how to correctly setup steam... (which is on default setup)

I could be wrong... I'm just speculating here.
Until I know how to correctly get around this ... I'm not wasting any more time on attempting downloading this.

So I finally figured out how to use Launch Control with the Formula V10. Such a cool little toy.

I'm still trying to figure out how different TC levels affect general speed, like if talented drivers (ie. better than me lol) would ever get a benefit from using higher than Low setting depending on track, tire wear, etc.

Generally medium TC provides ideal slippage - as in some to help the car rotate, not enough to compromise traction. Low has more slippage and thus is less optimal, and full pretty much nulls any wheelspin with a new tire. Keep in mind this may change depending on track conditions and tire wear though, in which case you can adjust TC from the car (so long you have commands mapped for it).

Will I think if one asks asks for $$$ and releases a software to the general public like this... we should at minimum be able to download and install...

If you guys are right Reiza is updating this multiple times a day than it may explain it as the versions changes before I finish downloading... forcing me re-restart from scratch... so could be a combination of Reiza doing and me not understanding how to correctly setup steam... (which is on default setup)

I could be wrong... I'm just speculating here.
Until I know how to correctly get around this ... I'm not wasting any more time on attempting downloading this.
having the same issue, reached 98%

Generally medium TC provides ideal slippage - as in some to help the car rotate, not enough to compromise traction. Low has more slippage and thus is less optimal, and full pretty much nulls any wheelspin with a new tire. Keep in mind this may change depending on track conditions and tire wear though, in which case you can adjust TC from the car (so long you have commands mapped for it).
That seems consistent with my latest tests. All in all pretty satisfied with the electronic assists on the V10, though I did notice that even with launch control the AI is still way faster off the line.

With respect to auto shifting, I noticed in some videos that Montoya would pre select his gear downshifts. Is this only a feature in the later years of this assist and not representative of the year that inspired you guys?

Creating a new profile seems to have rectified the major FPS issues.

Still some stuttering while turning laps. I echo the rest of the users here who have gone from 1,000,000 FPS in Stock Car Extreme to noticeable stutter. Doesn't matter if I've got DynHUD on or not.

Finally got some quality time with a few mods both online and offline.

Physics and ffb are second to none. Even better than SCE. And the RX and stadium trucks are insanely fun.

Quality is outstanding. Flaws are virtually non-existant other than already-known bugs that will be fixed.

Sounds are very good and LOVE hearing tire sounds in replays.

Graphics are flawless. FAR beyond adequate and IMO downright beautiful. FPS performance is very much appreciated.

Out of the box experience is excellent with G27 controller already mapped at least well enough to get started. Included tracks are excellent. One thing I'd change is default aids as some are extreme or better yet leave all off. Also RX AI could be faster.

Haven't checked (for) championships yet ; especially for RX and stadium trucks. Also looking forward to ranking. Otherwise, fun factor is off the charts although I am definitely looking forward to modders stepping in to fill out seasons and grids and also to bring some new genres ; notably some high power 60s tin tops or RWD classic RX machines.

This game simply checks all the boxes for me and it's not even 1.0 yet and 2017 is on the horizon too. Simply mind-blowing at the same time as a relief from all the madness and garbage that has been dribbling out the last few years. I feel like I might finally be able to focus on a single sim and leave behind all the hoping and waiting for others to get it together.

Well done, Reiza. Very much looking forward to being a loyal customer for years to come...

Still some stuttering while turning laps. I echo the rest of the users here who have gone from 1,000,000 FPS in Stock Car Extreme to noticeable stutter. Doesn't matter if I've got DynHUD on or not.

I was seeing the same thing - what has solved it for me is to turn V-sync on (through the config tool - neither Inspector or Control Panel would force it), and make sure windowed mode is off. Don't limit the frame rate in-game. I dropped the shadows to medium (everything else maxed), and it may be a placebo but I also switched the time scaling from 'Normal' to 'None' and I haven't seen a stutter since. Reiza have been quick the hotfixes during the Beta period, and I'd say a majority have noticed a gradual improvement over the past week with this issue, give it time. Good luck.

• Deleted member 130869

With something new I never carry anything old. I had no issues with the game, all maxed out.

I look forward to when Steam will switch me from Beta to regular, although if it only happens in 30 days I'll be ok. Who knows with Steam being Steam. Just have to find more info to spread to other users who are confused with their Steam, though I believe all of them are also with Beta (though only a couple have it installed), as they only had SCE, no campaign backing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 52 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 84 58.7%