Assetto Corsa v0.5 released

Update: v0.5 is now released. Find the patch notes here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-v0-5-released.80625/page-7#post-1618812

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 cars left to get (well 16 with the LaFerrari, but this car will only be available with the 1.0 version of the game) so which ones are we getting friday ?! In theory we'll get 3 cars, but since we had a massive break we might get 4 like we did on Xmas. My guess is, we will get factory cars (bunch of Lotus's...) and none of the GT3's/1 GT2 or F1's.

The car I want the most is the T125 !!! release it already :p

Well guys and gals, lets share the car you wish on getting this friday and also what you believe will be release (it might not be the one you really expect yet).

Last edited:
Som
I never said that i expected it to work flawlessly, did i ? I just answered to someone saying that "AI is much better" in 0.5.3. Which is not, it's still terrible.
Going fast or slow, they'll find a way to screw you.
(inb4 more downvotes from butthurt fanboys)

I'm only getting screwed about half the time....Maybe you need to work on your driving or run events with only a small handful of AI. Once you get past the first lap the racing gets pretty intense, at least it does on hard and alien difficulty. Or cry in the forums and call people that don't agree with you "butthurt fanboys"; Your choice.

There is a difference between stating a fact and complaining.

Fact: AI is terrible.
Complain: OMG AI is terrible, fix it, worst game ever. Screw you!

Your opinion being that the AI is terrible in no way makes that statement a fact. Fact.

The fact that the AI crash themselfs and completely ignore me makes it a fact really, but thanks for the good laugh. Glad you feel targeted by my remark, clears all doubts.

Lol it's called "Early Access" for a reason... What did you expect? A fuggin' masterpiece?
I've been part of pCARS since late 2012, i know what early access is. That why i didn't gave a definitive opinion, i know they'll try to fix it. But right now it's really bad.

Last edited:
I'm not even going to try anymore, the AI is retarded. 0.5.3 did nothing in this regard.

I drive slow they crash into me, i drive fast they brake in the middle of the apex and crash into me. It's hotlapping for me until they fix this mess.

Thanks for the downvotes, as always truth hurts.

kleenex.png

I've been part of pCARS since late 2012, i know what early access is. That why i didn't gave a definitive opinion, i know they'll try to fix it. But right now it's really bad.

You absolutely did give a definitive opinion. Several in fact. And 0% of them were constructive.

- "I'm not even going to try anymore, the AI is retarded. 0.5.3 did nothing in this regard."
- "I just answered to someone saying that "AI is much better" in 0.5.3. Which is not, it's still terrible."

- "Fact: AI is terrible."
- "The fact that the AI crash themselfs and completely ignore me"

And that's just this thread alone.

What are you, 12 ?

You absolutely did give a definitive opinion. Several in fact. And 0% of them were constructive.

- "I'm not even going to try anymore, the AI is retarded. 0.5.3 did nothing in this regard."
- "I just answered to someone saying that "AI is much better" in 0.5.3. Which is not, it's still terrible."

- "Fact: AI is terrible."
- "The fact that the AI crash themselfs and completely ignore me"

And that's just this thread alone.
Why don't you post the full quote, smart guy ? I'm not going to write a disclaimer every time i post a comment. Those quotes have nothing to do with a definitive opinion, thinking about it, not even close.
Clear enough now for you ?
It's hotlapping for me until they fix this mess.

Last edited:
Why don't you post the full quote, smart guy ? I'm not going to write a disclaimer every time i post a comment.

Lol implying those quotes weren't the main points of their respective posts.

All I'm saying is that you're being pretty harsh on Kunos without actually providing any constructive feedback (which funnily enough is what they're asking for so that they can improve the game with the help of the users).

I'm not saying the AI are by any means perfect, far from it in fact. I'm just just saying that for a first attempt at implementing AI they've done a pretty decent job.

So instead of just saying "The AI are terrible", actually go on the Kunos forums and report problems exactly as they occurred.

And be specific:
For example, I think the Tatuus AI at Monza are able to brake too late without locking up, and that they are able to take the Parabolica a little too quickly. Whilst they're a little slow through the two Lesmos, especially the second Lesmo.

Those quotes have nothing to do with a definitive opinion, thinking about it, not even close.
Clear enough now for you ?

Definitive Opinion:
Definitive: "Precisely defined or explicit"
Opinion: "A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

So yes, you did give your judgement on the AI in a very clear and explicit manner. I hope I've cleared it up for you, as you seemingly don't know what you're even saying, as I've provided you with exact quotations of yourself as proof that you're not actually adding anything useful to the discussion of how to make this sim better.

Again, just saying that the AI are "retarded" and that they're a "mess" doesn't help Kunos make them any better in any possible way.

Last edited:
The AI might be terrible drivers, but at least they behave like terrible drivers!

That is, I don't get the feeling that the AI cheats, or that robot cars are being pulled around the track, like with some other games (Gran Turismo, for example).

So, I still think this is a great first effort by Kunos (that of course can be improved... braking on the apex is especially annoying).

PS. Despite them braking stupidly on the apex, I still haven't beaten hard AI! Go figure...

Definitive Opinion:
Definitive: "Precisely defined or explicit"
Opinion: "A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

So yes, you did give your judgement on the AI in a very clear and explicit manner. I hope I've cleared it up for you, as you seemingly don't know what you're even saying, as I've provided you with exact quotations of yourself as proof that you're not actually adding anything useful to the discussion of how to make this sim better.

Again, just saying that the AI are "retarded" and that they're a "mess" doesn't help Kunos make them any better in any possible way.
Oh god stop it. Why are you trying to twist words, i know what i said. I also clearly added that i'm not going to use the AI until they fix it, how, for god's sake is that a definitive statement ?

This is NOT the official Assetto Corsa forum, i am NOT a paid beta tester, i am NOT required by contract to give precise, technical and complete feedback to the Developers. Therefore i can freely express my vulgar, poorly-worded opinion on here.

Lol implying those quotes weren't the main points of their respective posts..
It doesn't matter if they are the main points or not, you're pulling out of context to make yourself look better. The same context that has me saying the phrase below, which invalidates your statement.
"It's hotlapping for me until they fix this mess."

But its still better than it was, so the statement was correct.
From what i see the collisions have been improved, more slipstream, but the actual AI has remained unchanged. Am i missing something ?

Last edited:
Just a little correction, when AI brake early or too hard, they don't crash into you, you crash into them - there is a difference. Knowing that they do that should give you a clue as to the benefit of adapting your driving appropriately after the first few incidents. Having said that, there are times where I think that I am clear to go around them to the outside and they run into the side of my car anyway.

Despite some issues, I'm glad to have AI to race in some fashion. I think that they show good promise and I have faith in Kunos.

players are being chased by the AI, at full throttle in a straight line and still getting rear ended while at full throttle and in a straight line running at nearly the same speeds....please stop saying AI is ok

Last edited:
players are being chased by the AI, at full throttle in a straight line and still getting rear ended while at full throttle and in a straight line running at nearly the same speeds....please stop saying AI is ok
AI is ok, but not perfect in any way..it's ok for first try.

Show us the video of that kind of behaviour and post it here..then i will show you the video of AI which can really challenge you behinde the wheel.

Seems that your post doesnt make ANY sense...and also your posts are 90% same thing with different words.
Not answering if you understand that AI is WIP and keep yelling at us that AI rams you,wich we also know,we are not stupid and you smarter,shows that your interest is to bash and flame the subject....
If i see one more stupid post from you,i`ll add you on my ignore list,if you have nothing usefull to add here.:coffee:

My intention is nothing but point out how bad Ai is right now. And if the devs don´t accept the critics they shouldn't release such stupid AI in first place.
If there is one thing AI shouldn't do, is bash you all the time and on top of that seek you with the same intention.
If this is hard to solve then I believe there is something wrong with the base structure of Ai implementation.
Over and out!!

Last edited:
AI doesn't ram into me. What do you guys do to make the AI ram into you constantly? Do you braketest them?

Yes, they brak pretty late at some turns and should get better at avoiding you, but if you have proper brake points (i.e. After 100 metre sign t1 monza), you'll be fine.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.8%
Back