Assetto Corsa Update and 'Ready to Race' DLC Coming May 18th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a brand new DLC due to release for Assetto Corsa on May 18th, adding ten awesome race machines to the simulation...

In the first new DLC release for quite a while, the 'Ready to Race' car pack looks set to heavily feature a selection of top of the line performance racing machinery from an interesting mix of prototype, GT and rally spanning a number of decades of motorsport.

With a nice couple of playmates for the epic Porsche 919 LMP1 car coming in the form of the Audi Toyota TS040 Hybrid and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro we take a step closer to a full World Endurance grid, adding a great deal of excitement for fans of long distance motorsport.

The new pack, alongside the next major build release, is scheduled to launch for PC players on Thursday May 18th and will be downloadable from the Steam network.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 55.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 9.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 8.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 7.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to checking out the new DLC from Kunos? Which car are you most excited to try out? Any particular omissions from the pack you would like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Out of interest: Will you be able to implement something like "adaptive AI" with the way you've designed the AI in your game?

adaptive in the sense that they go faster or slower as response to what the player is doing? I am not a fan of the concept TBH, it makes sense from a game point of view, but knowing that it's there it would spoil the fun for me. But, to answer you question, there is nothing that prevents the AI to move their level dynamically using the player performance as reference.

adaptive in the sense that they go faster or slower as response to what the player is doing? I am not a fan of the concept TBH, it makes sense from a game point of view, but knowing that it's there it would spoil the fun for me. But, to answer you question, there is nothing that prevents the AI to move their level dynamically using the player performance as reference.
Thank you for your response :thumbsup:
Maybe you don't have to go "in the slow down AI direction" with this.
For example: The AI breaks to early or mid corner. Maybe they are able to learn from the faster player in this situation and improve them self.
If they're already faster=no need to correct anything.
Its just my 2 cents about a useful adaptiv AI implemention :)

That would be a great addition to the game that would allow users to up their game as it were using the game as a "dynamic" tool to do so. Please consider doing this?

I just want one track: La Sarthe :D
IMHO, the mod tracks are good but an official one especially with the prototypes in game would be the No1 track to consider.
@kunos... We know that weather and day/night transition is not going to happen. The day night thing was stated as the reason why the Lemans track will apparently not be done. Please reconsider this? We don't need a full day night cycle to have the privilege of a properly scanned and supported version of the 24h of Lemans track in game. Having the track to enjoy the awesome machinery you've already given us would complement the cars and add a much wanted and loved track to the title...

Last edited:
Thank you for your response :thumbsup:
Maybe you don't have to go "in the slow down AI direction" with this.
For example: The AI breaks to early or mid corner. Maybe they are able to learn from the faster player in this situation and improve them self.
If they're already faster=no need to correct anything.
Its just my 2 cents about a useful adaptiv AI implemention :)

that's a completely different concept then. It's not adapting the "level" but adapting the driving.
It can't work because other cars might be different or have a different status wrt to tyres, setup and so on. The AI can't simply say "oh the player passed at 200 there so I can pass at 200 too".. they player could have a new set of tyres, different setup or a totally different car, so the amount of situations when this could be useful is extremely limited and not worth the dev time.

I am reading this around the internet. I'd just like to say that AI has some new stuff in but whether or not it's a "big improvement" is something left to you all to decide once the update is out. Obviously I hope it is, but we're talking about 2-3 weeks work, it can't possibly be a total revolution. I would hate to see people going into the update expecting too much and end up walking out disappointed cause the improvement was not so big as they expected.

if they can overtake each other and have some fluctuation in lap performance allowing some unpredictability then i'd consider a big AI update personally

that's a completely different concept then. It's not adapting the "level" but adapting the driving.
It can't work because other cars might be different or have a different status wrt to tyres, setup and so on. The AI can't simply say "oh the player passed at 200 there so I can pass at 200 too".. they player could have a new set of tyres, different setup or a totally different car, so the amount of situations when this could be useful is extremely limited and not worth the dev time.
Thank you for the explantation. Now I see the problems with my gamers point idea. :ninja:
...and you should forget what I'm saying about it :whistling:

Amazing selection of cars, new & old. :inlove:

But some of the comments here in this thread... OMG. :rolleyes:
AC has a dozen of beautiful GT3 cars and then there is a comment like "decent GT3 selection" ... *sigh*

• 2 more LMP1 cars, yummy. Seeing how well the Saturday night WEC-style races here at RD are running, those cars are just great additions to that format. But yeah, some older LMPs would have been great but well AC has plenty of cars anyway.
  • The TT Cup with its Push-2-Pass should be a pretty cool league car as well.
  • Rallye boys get their Celica-Kick.
  • Nordschleife-Fany-Boys get a TT RS for their pleasure.
  • GT1 fans get the Maserati. Don't understand the GTR2 comment here earlier, the game had some really crappy cars that nobody ever played, so the "copy cat - comment" is total bollocks.
I dunno why anybody would still be crying here. All I see is an all-around great addition to the core game with this latest DLC pack.

Thanks @kunos :thumbsup:

Last edited:
No clue how AI is working now, does it do any mistakes under presure, probabilities break later or sooner and missiing little bit apex, example, it's great they kunos try to improve it, read people whiney about it,and they try to make it better. the thing really is drive against humans and try to not do havoc or in front of "semi" aliens.
i "hate" aliens or "semi" aliens more than AI, because can't understand how they do it. :)

AC have enough tracks with mods and lot of cars, how many cars people need ?
I think most of us it's challenge mastering tracks and cars what we allready have.
never heard alien Greger Huttu or others are talking they need more tracks.
for me it's still better experience than racing scalextric, even it was fun.

Maybe Input/Output to wheels and pedals what I need and it's not only kunos who can improve it or do something for it. I need to buy better gear, hardware manufactors should improve too.

and thanks for RD staff doing great job for racing events and maintain this forum.

Last edited:
I dunno why anybody would still be crying here. All I see is an all-around great addition to the core game with this latest DLC pack.

Agreed. I'm not really into modern race machines and there are still two cars in this pack that I'm excited about, and one or two more I'm at least interested in.

Broaden your minds... that's how you discover new favorites.

To me if Ai can go faster that's a improvement itself.

Add into it the aggressive slider that hopefully makes AI go wheel to wheel with other AI that a huge plus. (by wheel to wheel I mean AI has difficulty committing to pass other AI unless its massive straight)

I just hope the next step to AI is for long races 40+ laps to have them take on different tyre compounds.

It would make racing way more realistic if AI would do 2 stop on medium and some AI do 3 stop on soft etc.

I know stefano is going to say no to this since AI has difficulty overtaking but in practice when AI loads up random tyres there is zero issue of AI using say soft tyres overtaking AI on hard or medium tyres.

No point beating a dead horse really. I think our position on the matter is extremely clear.
It's quite a disappointing position, but it is what it is I guess... But then please also stop doing the user poll thing as to what the community would like to see next. I'm a big fan of the game but (and I'm not alone) stop asking the community what we want if it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
I am reading this around the internet. I'd just like to say that AI has some new stuff in but whether or not it's a "big improvement" is something left to you all to decide once the update is out. Obviously I hope it is, but we're talking about 2-3 weeks work, it can't possibly be a total revolution..

Maybe I should change my wording here, kunos.

ANY and ALL work on the AI is greatly, massively appreciated. Many developers are falling into the awful trap of thinking that "online racing against 'real people' is the way forward for racing games". This is patently false. Most of us like to experience virtual motorsports on our own time, against competent computer opponents. A realistic race in a big field of lifelike AI can be absolutely thrilling, and can be achieved whenever we fire up our gaming systems, with or without a fast internet connection. A thrilling race with a competitive field of 'real people' happens rarely, and joining a league where it's more common to have great races now puts us on 'others' time schedule, removing the element of true freedom and comfort. Many of us are grown men with very busy schedules and lifestyles. We can only have a race at random times when a free moment arrives.

I applaud you guys for realizing this inescapable fact and continuing to care about the AI. I used to say this all the time in gran turismo forums, as the AI just continued to get worse and was an obvious afterthought at polyphony: Online racing should be the icing, but do not forget about the cake!

Who the hell wants to eat a cake that is mostly icing?? :roflmao:

Also, grazie grazie for the TS040 and classic Celica. The more japanese cars you bring in, the more us old gran turismo players fall in love with Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies