Assetto Corsa Update and 'Ready to Race' DLC Coming May 18th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a brand new DLC due to release for Assetto Corsa on May 18th, adding ten awesome race machines to the simulation...

In the first new DLC release for quite a while, the 'Ready to Race' car pack looks set to heavily feature a selection of top of the line performance racing machinery from an interesting mix of prototype, GT and rally spanning a number of decades of motorsport.

With a nice couple of playmates for the epic Porsche 919 LMP1 car coming in the form of the Audi Toyota TS040 Hybrid and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro we take a step closer to a full World Endurance grid, adding a great deal of excitement for fans of long distance motorsport.

The new pack, alongside the next major build release, is scheduled to launch for PC players on Thursday May 18th and will be downloadable from the Steam network.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 55.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 9.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 8.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 7.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to checking out the new DLC from Kunos? Which car are you most excited to try out? Any particular omissions from the pack you would like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
You'd think in them 4-5 years they could have put the most requested feature in the game (rain). They've put out enough dlcs in that time

It's been discussed millions and millions times over the engine cannot support rain and never will unless they rewrite the game engine over. Take that 4-5 years and double it probably how long it will take to make rain possible.

Also just think for second there. Imagine the time and resources required to make that feature.

Your expectations from a 30$ game is ridiculous.

It's been discussed millions and millions times over the engine cannot support rain and never will unless they rewrite the game engine over. Take that 4-5 years and double it probably how long it will take to make rain possible.

Also just think for second there. Imagine the time and resources required to make that feature.

Your expectations from a 30$ game is ridiculous.
Everything that is saying is a lie, the engine of the game does not have any problem to incorporate rain.

Yeah, teach the Senior programmer @ Kunos Simulazioni what their engine is capable of doing and what not, or to be more exact, teach him if it is worth investing all the time needed to do it in current engine (because everything should be possible i guess)

Stefano has said it, if possible. But he puts as an impediment that very few people will use it when he has massively requested this characteristic.

It really seems absurd to say that this feature is not going to be used, when a survey was made on which circuit he preferred to drive in AC most of the people voted for nordschleife and is usually the most used circuit for the players. If you put a vote on what is the characteristic you want in AC massively people will vote for the rain.

I hope that one of the improvements is fixing the bug where the AI will slow down, while on track, simply because they are passing a car that is entering/leaving the pits. IMO that is even more immersion breaking than them not passing me while I am spun out on the side of the track. Has either of these two situations been fixed in the update @kunos
yes it should be fixed

And I have a feeling that if these 2 things are fixed, it indicates that I'll also be able to drive a Miata without an AI Corvette glued to my rear bumper for an entire lap.

I'm dreaming of virtual track days. :)

Last edited:
Stefano has said it, if possible. But he puts as an impediment that very few people will use it when he has massively requested this characteristic.

It really seems absurd to say that this feature is not going to be used, when a survey was made on which circuit he preferred to drive in AC most of the people voted for nordschleife and is usually the most used circuit for the players. If you put a vote on what is the characteristic you want in AC massively people will vote for the rain.

The thing is, KS standards are pretty high now, and when they choose to simulate something, they want to do it right.
Example:

1. Lower grip, make water effect on the road, slap some generic wet tires for some cars and call it a day.
2. Do it correctly, wet tires for all cars (this could take like 6 months to do)... aqua planning, spray, drying line, partially raining in a part of the track and not in another, puddles, adjustments to heat cycles in the tires i guess, brake cooling because of water... and many more that i cant think of.

Edit: I prefer if they do an engine swap with night and rain, buy the WEC license, do the 20 cars and 5 or so tracks needed and call it AC : WEC edition or something and publish it as a new product, this could take a couple of years alone.

Edit: I prefer if they do an engine swap with night and rain, buy the WEC license, do the 20 cars and 5 or so tracks needed and call it AC : WEC edition or something and publish it as a new product, this could take a couple of years alone.

pfff... shut it, that's a 1 week job max.

:D

EDIT: Added a smile just in case somebody was bright enough to miss this.

So saying something is not gonna happen.

Now leads into even more fantasy wishlists and accusation of lies.

Hang on I got it.

Farm simulator is really popular game on Steam.

Why doesn't AC start simulating farming for next DLC.

If stefano says not possible.

I will call him lier and lazy as clearly anything is possible with AC.

The thing is, KS standards are pretty high now, and when they choose to simulate something, they want to do it right.
Example:

1. Lower grip, make water effect on the road, slap some generic wet tires for some cars and call it a day.
2. Do it correctly, wet tires for all cars (this could take like 6 months to do)... aqua planning, spray, drying line, partially raining in a part of the track and not in another, puddles, adjustments to heat cycles in the tires i guess, brake cooling because of water... and many more that i cant think of.

We have had cars with tires v7 and others with v10, we have cars with heating disc brake and others not ... we could have rain tires in some cars and in others not, just have to wait to have them all.

You are talking about the perfect rain, but it does not necessarily have to be perfect, simply the option to run in rain would be very nice, this option was already in netkar and was incredible, the main problem was graphically, but with Corsican Assetto have subsigned All problems in this regard.

the troll army is in full attack mode today I see :D :D :D
I can assure you that I am not a troll, I love Assetto Corsa and I admire what you have achieved, I am simply sometimes disappointed to see the potential of this project and as it is stuck without any progress in new features, you already have experience Enough to develop rain in AC, you have a lot of talent !!

this project and as it is stuck without any progress in new features

well I guess I have to learn to live with the idea that some people are just born dishonest, because writing something like that with a straight face, after calling me a liar takes a special kind of thick face my friend, you really are a piece of work.

It just takes a quick glance to the changelog of AC to understand how simply dishonest you are being here. Shocking and disgusting.

So saying something is not gonna happen.

Now leads into even more fantasy wishlists and accusation of lies.

Hang on I got it.

Farm simulator is really popular game on Steam.

Why doesn't AC start simulating farming for next DLC.

If stefano says not possible.

I will call him lier and lazy as clearly anything is possible with AC.

I have not seen too many comments asking for this feature, it seems unpopular in the world of simracing, if it were highly demanded it should certainly be given priority but it does not seem the case.

I call him a liar for his lies, Stefano has recognized on other occasions that it is possible, but that does not seem profitable because only a few will use it.

well I guess I have to learn to live with the idea that some people are just born dishonest, because writing something like that with a straight face, after calling me a liar takes a special kind of thick face my friend, you really are a piece of work.

It just takes a quick glance to the changelog of AC to understand how simply dishonest you are being here. Shocking and disgusting.

I did not call you a liar, I called Amir Vodokotlic a liar. I have read to you to say that rain in AC is possible, but it is not profitable.

I have read all of its changelogs, I appreciate each and every one of its lines of code, I am always impatient to see the new changelog, and I have thanked publicly many times for each new feature that makes the game closer to reality but years have passed And the great features are not going to arrive, there are even small features that every simulator has and does not seem to be developing as a realistic box stop.

I assure you that you are an idol for me, do not think my comments are to annoy you, I am simply disappointed to think that there will be no rain in AC.

Last edited:
@ Kunos, I really appreciate your efforts until now, and I am a really big fan since early access of AC. Next DLC will be an instant buy, too.

Can you please let me know, will it be possible to see some kind of "dirt buildup" on the windscreen in some of the next updates?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.