Assetto Corsa Update and 'Ready to Race' DLC Coming May 18th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a brand new DLC due to release for Assetto Corsa on May 18th, adding ten awesome race machines to the simulation...

In the first new DLC release for quite a while, the 'Ready to Race' car pack looks set to heavily feature a selection of top of the line performance racing machinery from an interesting mix of prototype, GT and rally spanning a number of decades of motorsport.

With a nice couple of playmates for the epic Porsche 919 LMP1 car coming in the form of the Audi Toyota TS040 Hybrid and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro we take a step closer to a full World Endurance grid, adding a great deal of excitement for fans of long distance motorsport.

The new pack, alongside the next major build release, is scheduled to launch for PC players on Thursday May 18th and will be downloadable from the Steam network.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 55.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 9.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 8.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 7.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to checking out the new DLC from Kunos? Which car are you most excited to try out? Any particular omissions from the pack you would like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well I sincerely hope thats not the case but it wouldn't surprise me given the previous sports cars have all been Le Man spec. But it just makes them so frustrating to drive at anywhere but Spa in game. :(
Actually Porsche team doesn't use the low aero spec only at Spa and Le Mans.
Last WEC race at Silverstone the Porsche LMP1 team was with the low-downforce ‘Le Mans-spec’ aero package.
Apart this, I did enough practice with the 919 Hybrid and I can guarantee that the car is quietly able to pull up to 4.5 g lateral acceleration at Eau Rouge and 4.0 g in the double Arrabbiata. I don't have actual references for Mugello but the value at Eau Rouge was registered also in actual WEC Spa race.

Last edited:
Actually Porsche team doesn't use the low aero spec only at Spa and Le Mans.
Last WEC race at Silverstone the Porsche LMP1 team was with the low-downforce ‘Le Mans-spec’ aero package.
Apart this, I did enough practice with the 919 Hybrid and I can guarantee that the car is quietly able to pull up to 4.5 g lateral acceleration at Eau Rouge and 4.0 g in the double Arrabbiata. I don't have actual references for Mugello but the value at Eau Rouge was registered also in actual WEC Spa race.
Yes. I am aware of that. But that was only because they wanted to develop their higher downforce package for longer for the later, post Le Mans, races. Toyota chose not to in contrast and trounced them if it weren't for some traffic and flag stoppages.

And regarding your second point; that doesn't take away from what package they have in-game. They match the G's yes but they match the correct, Le Mans, package. So not really sure of your point? :)

So saying something is not gonna happen.

Now leads into even more fantasy wishlists and accusation of lies.

Hang on I got it.

Farm simulator is really popular game on Steam.

Why doesn't AC start simulating farming for next DLC.

If stefano says not possible.

I will call him lier and lazy as clearly anything is possible with AC.
I know you're joking, but you know, the basics are already there. AC has the Porsche and Lambo licences, both of which built tractors at one time. We also have a Honda Lawnmower Mod and even a Ford Pickup Mod. There is a plane mod for crop dusting :)

I'm sure Stefano can cobble the rest together for the next patch. 1 week of work max, maybe 10 days including dynamic terrain :D

• ronniej

Maybe I should change my wording here, kunos.

ANY and ALL work on the AI is greatly, massively appreciated. Many developers are falling into the awful trap of thinking that "online racing against 'real people' is the way forward for racing games". This is patently false. Most of us like to experience virtual motorsports on our own time, against competent computer opponents. A realistic race in a big field of lifelike AI can be absolutely thrilling, and can be achieved whenever we fire up our gaming systems, with or without a fast internet connection. A thrilling race with a competitive field of 'real people' happens rarely, and joining a league where it's more common to have great races now puts us on 'others' time schedule, removing the element of true freedom and comfort. Many of us are grown men with very busy schedules and lifestyles. We can only have a race at random times when a free moment arrives.

I applaud you guys for realizing this inescapable fact and continuing to care about the AI. I used to say this all the time in gran turismo forums, as the AI just continued to get worse and was an obvious afterthought at polyphony: Online racing should be the icing, but do not forget about the cake!

Who the hell wants to eat a cake that is mostly icing?? :roflmao:

Also, grazie grazie for the TS040 and classic Celica. The more japanese cars you bring in, the more us old gran turismo players fall in love with Assetto Corsa.

Total agreement.

• ronniej

We have had cars with tires v7 and others with v10, we have cars with heating disc brake and others not ... we could have rain tires in some cars and in others not, just have to wait to have them all.

You are talking about the perfect rain, but it does not necessarily have to be perfect, simply the option to run in rain would be very nice, this option was already in netkar and was incredible, the main problem was graphically, but with Corsican Assetto have subsigned All problems in this regard.

I can assure you that I am not a troll, I love Assetto Corsa and I admire what you have achieved, I am simply sometimes disappointed to see the potential of this project and as it is stuck without any progress in new features, you already have experience Enough to develop rain in AC, you have a lot of talent !!

Ya, but even in Pcars I've only used it once or twice just to check it out. I agree with the devs decision not to include rain...It sucks. I don't take my cars out when it's raining irl, I take the Volvo and the mini-van.

A member asked this:
Any more info about the "new algorithms" about AI?
What has changed and now they become faster?

And Stefano answered:
a combination of things:

- better prediction of tyre loads during cornering.. so the braking prediction is more accurate for trailbraking etc
- better handling of understeer situations and situations when the car is moving away from the intended line
- new algorithms for downshifting.. this made a big impact overall. It doesn't have a downshift RPM anymore, but it has a target RPM to hit AFTER the downshift.. so it's also adapting to different ratios
- for gas calculation now the AI is using realtime tyre loads instead of predicted ones.. so it's more "to the point" when it comes to speeds while in a corner

It was then asked:
And what about the AI as behaviour regarding racecrafting?
You mentioned something about controlling behaviour aggressiveness. Is this going to be with some slider through UI or the AI will be more aggressive as % increases?

And Stefano answered:
yes

It was also asked:
Do they pit now if their tyres are too worn/damaged that worsens their lap times?
And Stefano answered:
no because that needs a much more complex projection of the race status.. you can't simply say "if I am below X I pit".. you might be leading the race with 20 seconds gap and 2 laps to go and stopping for tyres will cost you the race.

Stefano also offered this:
A more aggressive AI also means a bit more accidents while cars are in battle, it happens a lot and it can sometimes end up with cars out.. today I was testing at zandvoort and on the last lap I go around a corner and see 2 cars parked on the side because of a contact.. races are definitely more alive.

Keep in mind that I asked this a couple pages back:
I hope that one of the improvements is fixing the bug where the AI will slow down, while on track, simply because they are passing a car that is entering/leaving the pits. IMO that is even more immersion breaking than them not passing me while I am spun out on the side of the track. Has either of these two situations been fixed in the update

And was told:
yes it should be fixed

I'm willing to bet that they will handle multi-class racing much better. (can't be much worse, right? :D)

I sorta doubt they'll ever "officially" support multiclass AI, because 100 cars * 20 tracks * 1 lap to test (to make sure AI isn't running off track after code changes; I think these run as fast as cpu allows, so maybe 30x realtime or 80 hours) turns into 100 cars * 99 cars * 20 tracks * enough laps to allow passing to happen, which would probably take a few months for every patch

Keep in mind that I asked this a couple pages back:
I hope that one of the improvements is fixing the bug where the AI will slow down, while on track, simply because they are passing a car that is entering/leaving the pits. IMO that is even more immersion breaking than them not passing me while I am spun out on the side of the track. Has either of these two situations been fixed in the update

And was told:
yes it should be fixed

I'm willing to bet that they will handle multi-class racing much better. (can't be much worse, right? :D)
"Yes, it should be fixed" is kind of worrying. Haha. I guess we'll see come Thursday! :)

Cool, cool....always like more content. Extra tracks would make the DLC even sweeter. :geek:
As much as I like the extra content, I'm curious if they're ever going to work on the VR again? They're the only racing VR title that still has the 2D menus. Gets old having to lift the HMD to look at the menus. What's up with that? :O_o:
You can use the steamVR desktop mode after a race to view the menus if you don't want to lift the hmd. It's not perfect but it is an option.

Ya, but even in Pcars I've only used it once or twice just to check it out. I agree with the devs decision not to include rain...It sucks. I don't take my cars out when it's raining irl, I take the Volvo and the mini-van.
That you can not enjoy the rain is only your problem, if so many people are asking for this feature is why it is very appreciated for the players of simracing, it is something that happens in the real world in racing.

The rain has been present in many driving titles and other simulators whether it is sports, survival ... surely it is the claim together at night for an AC2.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.