Assetto Corsa Update and 'Ready to Race' DLC Coming May 18th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a brand new DLC due to release for Assetto Corsa on May 18th, adding ten awesome race machines to the simulation...

In the first new DLC release for quite a while, the 'Ready to Race' car pack looks set to heavily feature a selection of top of the line performance racing machinery from an interesting mix of prototype, GT and rally spanning a number of decades of motorsport.

With a nice couple of playmates for the epic Porsche 919 LMP1 car coming in the form of the Audi Toyota TS040 Hybrid and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro we take a step closer to a full World Endurance grid, adding a great deal of excitement for fans of long distance motorsport.

The new pack, alongside the next major build release, is scheduled to launch for PC players on Thursday May 18th and will be downloadable from the Steam network.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 55.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 9.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 8.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 7.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to checking out the new DLC from Kunos? Which car are you most excited to try out? Any particular omissions from the pack you would like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
No news about real driver swap .... but that doesn't mean it will not be improved in this important update, it should not be the first time other not announced features improvements are included in an update.
..... I hope so anyway.

One other fact which needs improvement and is really still not adequate is ...... collisions effects in Multiplayer, they are still far from being realistic and measured ! :(
A simple gentle caress has mostly exagerated effects on the car.

What other game has this where the hybrid systems are simulated?

Certainly not in Pcars...

And R3E has the 2011 (or 2012, cant recall) version that doesnt have any hybrid systems.

To be fair, the Nissan GT-R in R3E is an older version from a number of years ago.

Im not sure if AC has the most recent version of the car, but it is likely not the 2016 model.

I don't care about the hybrid simulation (that could be done on the 2015 or 2016 model). I am talking about the car, it's everywhere... It's 2017, they could at least make an effort for 2015 model... at least it would be same year has the porsche not to mention we have the 2016 porsche model aswell...

Same for the toyota... 2015 please... be different.

they could at least make an effort for 2015 model... at least it would be same year has the porsche not to mention we have the 2016 porsche model aswell...

And these (at least the TS040) were licensed before late August 2014. It doesnt matter what year it is now when the original license agreement is for a specific model from 3 yrs ago. They'd have to get an entirely new license to do the current car, and that = more money.

I don't care about the hybrid simulation (that could be done on the 2015 or 2016 model). I am talking about the car, it's everywhere... It's 2017, they could at least make an effort for 2015 model... at least it would be same year has the porsche not to mention we have the 2016 porsche model aswell...

These 2014 LMP1 were licenced a while ago and I'm pretty sure at that point (2014/early 2015) they didn't know they'd get the Porsche licence and release the 2015/2016 Le Mans winners. Just happened to release late. Not their fault that everyone else licensed and released the same Audi since (really don't see the problem with having the same car anyway...).

These 2014 LMP1 were licenced a while ago and I'm pretty sure at that point (2014/early 2015) they didn't know they'd get the Porsche licence and release the 2015/2016 Le Mans winners. Just happened to release late. Not their fault that everyone else licensed and released the same Audi since (really don't see the problem with having the same car anyway...).

The problem ? simple : diversity and being able to experience different cars one game from another. If they acquired the license back than, they should just have re nogociated for a different year... they have the 2016 gt3, so obviously more recent discussion has been done between them...

The problem ? simple : diversity and being able to experience different cars one game from another. If they acquired the license back than, they should just have re nogociated for a different year... they have the 2016 gt3, so obviously more recent discussion has been done between them...
And what if the car was built already at that point? Just scrap it? There is no problem at all with having that car in the sim.

It's wonderful that they keep improving the AI, add new things and bring us more cars ...

But Assetto Corsa has very few original tracks.

I know that there are many mods, but it is not justification for the great lack that this simulator has compared to other car titles

Zandvoort is a great track (not scanned track) and I think Kunos should make more tracks without being scanned.
No please if AC has something good is the laser scanned tracks, Zandvort is not good. many inacuracies, and too bumpy. We need more laser scanned tracks

this,

at present its too much of a mix and match of road cars and different classes

I really doubt Kunos cares at this stage. They just release whatever they like where it is pretty much GT3 has a decent selection of cars. The rest are a random mixed bag of cars that I rarely drive as it has nothing to race with.

AC has essentially 3 different generations of GT1s with no rivals to any of them. It is a shame as these cars can be such fun cars to drive around.

Is odd how people in sim racing think. Company doesn't make monthly "road ahead" announcements and people immediately think they are dead (knock on wood), the game is dead, they dropped everything and went to Hawaii, and so on. Yet in 5 months they released two big updates + free content and are on the verge on releasing another one with a dlc of 10 cars.
Some game studios talk more in form of updates (with the occasional infos from devs in forum posts) rather than extended announcements every month.

Nope, I said they were quiet, not that they weren't doing anything and that AC is dying. They were generally more vocal about what's next than they were as of late. No AC doomsday thing or anything like that.

No please if AC has something good is the laser scanned tracks, Zandvort is not good. many inacuracies, and too bumpy. We need more laser scanned tracks

Black cat county and Highlands also have bumpy issues?

The large number of mods that do not have them too?

I think differently and I think that would be a solution to the lack of circuits, would be to focus on making more un-scanned tracks.

Obviously, this requires more people focused on tracks than cars

I thought in comparison to iRacing it looks very close visually. Also, the track got resurfaced in the last few months in real life so no point to say it's too bumpy now, because any older digital reproductions are too bumpy now.

Track surface would be the least of my concerns when talking about laserscanning. Laserscanning data just makes their job in track creating much easier so it's good they stick to it IMHO.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back