Assetto Corsa Update and 'Ready to Race' DLC Coming May 18th!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 10.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have announced a brand new DLC due to release for Assetto Corsa on May 18th, adding ten awesome race machines to the simulation...

In the first new DLC release for quite a while, the 'Ready to Race' car pack looks set to heavily feature a selection of top of the line performance racing machinery from an interesting mix of prototype, GT and rally spanning a number of decades of motorsport.

With a nice couple of playmates for the epic Porsche 919 LMP1 car coming in the form of the Audi Toyota TS040 Hybrid and Audi R18 e-tron Quattro we take a step closer to a full World Endurance grid, adding a great deal of excitement for fans of long distance motorsport.

The new pack, alongside the next major build release, is scheduled to launch for PC players on Thursday May 18th and will be downloadable from the Steam network.

Ready to Race DLC Contents:
  • Audi R8 LMS 2016
  • Audi R18 e-tron Quattro
  • Audi TT Cup 2016
  • Audi TT RS (VLN)
  • Lotus 3-Eleven
  • Maserati MC12 GT1
  • McLaren 570S
  • McLaren P1 GTR
  • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Alongside the new DLC pack will come the version 1.14 game update which looks set to contain a number of new and improved features. As a little teaser Kunos have revealed some of the following changes will be included in the new build release:
  • Added wind algorithm
  • Added AI Aggression selection
  • More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
  • Added AI wing setup variations
  • New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
  • Improved Downshift Protection
  • Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation designed by Kunos Simulazioni and is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 55.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 9.jpg

Oh boy do we like mods! If you do too then we have you covered with our fantastic Assetto Corsa modding archive. From downloads to a place for mod discussion, we have it all for you to enjoy, check it out today! If you don't fancy trying out some of the awesome community created tracks and cars then drop in on our Assetto Corsa sub forum to chat about the game with your fellow fans. Interaction and threads make forums fun, so start one today!

Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 8.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 7.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Ready to Race DLC 3.jpg

Looking forward to checking out the new DLC from Kunos? Which car are you most excited to try out? Any particular omissions from the pack you would like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Kunos applies their own BoP (Balance of Performance) to keep the cars in check in the category. They all drive differently but can do more or less the same lap times, depending which tracks fit the characteristics of which cars.

The same happened when the McLaren 650S GT3 replaced the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 IRL. Kunos has both and they are balanced. The same situation is now with the new R8 LMS, and hopefully in the near future with the M6 GT3 and the older Z4 GT3 in Assetto Corsa. But in the game they will still be kept in balance.

If IRL someone wanted to race one, they would be BoP'd as well to be able to compete. For example International GT Series last year had the Huracan GT3s and the older Gallardo GT3s and the BoP worked, so they were both competitive.
Please, stop. While the cars might have some form of BOP from Kunos, it isn't anything major. The huracan is WAY too fast in a straight line for its cornering ability. The high hp version in the game was the same one that cost the official Lamborghini GT3 team their monza win a year or two ago during the car's debut.
In the real world, the FR GT3 cars have a bit more power to counter the traction advantage of the mid-engined cars but that is certainly not what's happening in the game. Heavier 520Hp AMG going against 570Hp Huaracan. The hell kinda B.O.P. is that.

Please, stop. While the cars might have some form of BOP from Kunos, it isn't anything major. The huracan is WAY too fast in a straight line for its cornering ability. The high hp version in the game was the same one that cost the official Lamborghini GT3 team their monza win a year or two ago during the car's debut.
In the real world, the FR GT3 cars have a bit more power to counter the traction advantage of the mid-engined cars but that is certainly not what's happening in the game. Heavier 520Hp AMG going against 570Hp Huaracan. The hell kinda B.O.P. is that.
I didn't want to go into any details, I just wanted to explain the guy, how it will not break things or make an other class compared to the old ones.

Yes I know but wont this out date its competition ? what I was getting at is, is it a fair fight for the current GT3 cars we have ? (minus the new Porsche) or will it smoke them all ? that's what I'm wondering :rolleyes:
Not even close, it will be just as balanced as the other cars.

Oddly enough, despite AC not having the Vantage GT3, Continental GT3, the Emil Frey Jaguar GT3 and the M6 GT3 (which is to come really soon) it still goes head to head with R3E in the aspect of being the most up to date European GT3 lineup around:

R3E has: Bentley, McLaren, Mercedes (to come), Nissan and the BMW M6. If I'm not wrong they still have the Audi R8 LMS 2016 coming soon so I'll put it up there. They have the Callaway C7 GT3 but that ain't official Chevy product, it's only used in ADAC and VLN so I won't count that in.

AC has: Lambo, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Porsche, Nissan and now Audi. They just need the Bentley, the Jag and the Aston Martin and they're the most up-to-date European wise.

Not even close, it will be just as balanced as the other cars.

Oddly enough, despite AC not having the Vantage GT3, Continental GT3, the Emil Frey Jaguar GT3 and the M6 GT3 (which is to come really soon) it still goes head to head with R3E in the aspect of being the most up to date European GT3 lineup around:

R3E has: Bentley, McLaren, Mercedes (to come), Nissan and the BMW M6. If I'm not wrong they still have the Audi R8 LMS 2016 coming soon so I'll put it up there. They have the Callaway C7 GT3 but that ain't official Chevy product, it's only used in ADAC and VLN so I won't count that in.

AC has: Lambo, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Porsche, Nissan and now Audi. They just need the Bentley, the Jag and the Aston Martin and they're the most up-to-date European wise.
Why can't they make a sim which has them all, right? :D

If we take into account past licenses and all available information, Project CARS 2 might be the one. The first one had Aston, Bentley, Audi, while in "2" we already know about Lambo, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and Nissan. I really hope it will deliver a good package.

For GTR3 to be successful, I think it's crucial for them to take all licenses AND some series licenses. And they might drop into R3E as well hopefully, at least the cars.

BUT, there will be a Brit Pack. One might still hope for the three missing British GT3s you mentioned will appear in AC.

Edit: Let's not forget the NSX GT3! I hope we will see it soon in Blancpain and Super GT GT300. And in sims beyond PCARS 2.

Well last "complete" (I mean car wise) sim I know was GTR2 in that matter :p

I can't blame the current sims for having all cars, we just dream too damn much.

HOWEVER I need some sim (I don't care if it's PCars 2, AC down the line, R3E, or any other game) to give us the Lexus RC-F GT3 and the Toyota MC-86 GT3/Subrau BRZ GT3 that is used on the SuperGT 300/JGTC then we're good!

The Subieota is not a GT3 homologated car, it's a silhouette car that they BoP'd to make it competitive with the GT3 field.

Agree about the Lexus, tho, the program is growing really fast and proved Emil Frey's people are on the top of the game. TRD recognized their two year effort with the car and now it is a fully factory backed customer program.

Nice to have a newer version but will this fit into any of the current classes of similar cars we now have ? GT3? GT2 ? I mean what can this be raced with for a fair fight ? :)
The R8 LMS is a GT3 car.

Yes I know but wont this out date its competition ? what I was getting at is, is it a fair fight for the current GT3 cars we have ? (minus the new Porsche) or will it smoke them all ? that's what I'm wondering :rolleyes:
All the GT3 cars in AC are fairly competitive with each other. GTE like the new RSR are competitive in their class.

BoP isn't just about horsepower.

nice to see some AI improvements, does anyone know if you'll be able to select individual AI levels per driver in custom championships?

get some weather effects and maybe some late evening or night racing and i'll eat every word of criticism ive ever said about this game, ( apart from the career mode, but that is what it is)

Last edited:
nice to see some AI improvements, does anyone know if you'll be able to select individual AI levels per driver in custom championships?
If you mean upcoming on console - no idea. Probably the same AI percentage range setting as for normal races. On PC you can set it for individual AI cars, maybe not with the official launcher but definitely via championship .ini files and Content Manager.

If you mean upcoming on console - no idea. Probably the same AI percentage range setting as for normal races. On PC you can set it for individual AI cars, maybe not with the official launcher but definitely via championship .ini files and Content Manager.
i know for careers you can but setting a career up is time consuming and annoying,

i dont care for third party launchers, i tried a championship with it but it was buggy to the point of not usable, i use content manager for simply editing some cars stuff now

just noticed that there's nothing said about AI pitting for tyres, is that not fixed with this ai update?
From Stefano:
"No because that needs a much more complex projection of the race status.. you can't simply say "if I am below X I pit".. you might be leading the race with 20 seconds gap and 2 laps to go and stopping for tyres will cost you the race."

It's wonderful that they keep improving the AI, add new things and bring us more cars ...

But Assetto Corsa has very few original tracks.

I know that there are many mods, but it is not justification for the great lack that this simulator has compared to other car titles

Zandvoort is a great track (not scanned track) and I think Kunos should make more tracks without being scanned.

This came out of the blue for me, WOW!
I am loving this DLC, dont have to think twice about it.

I am especially happy that finally we get a more complete WEC lineup and the McLaren P1 GTR, Maserati MC1 and little Lotus is in there for good measure ;-)

Is the Audi R8 LMS ex AGU mod content, taken over by Kunos?
I always had this AGU Audi R8 LMS installed and was VERY impressed with its quality.

I am looking forward to race some WEC mixed class races but I do hope for the next DLC to complete the GT3 field further (that BMW M6 GT3 of course).

Cool, cool....always like more content. Extra tracks would make the DLC even sweeter. :geek:
As much as I like the extra content, I'm curious if they're ever going to work on the VR again? They're the only racing VR title that still has the 2D menus. Gets old having to lift the HMD to look at the menus. What's up with that? :O_o:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back