Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I loved that car and track... one of those rare occasions when I got the better of Nic... he was closing in the last laps though as it started to rain if I remember right. Great little series despite the lack of numbers :thumbsup:

I loved it because we were actually (I think) running on some of the same ground where the first race in the world! took place. But plainly, those old tracks were more like a combination of an oval and a road course. That's why Monza was Monza...not because of what it is today. I have never ever seen an oval and road course combined, except the one in Japan. Twin Ring Montegi. That's the one Danica won, but just the oval config.
twin_ring_motegi_image_2014-800x533.jpeg

This track was in recent game...Autosport maybe? Forza? But just the road course. I think you can combine the two.

I loved it because we were actually (I think) running on some of the same ground where the first race in the world! took place. But plainly, those old tracks were more like a combination of an oval and a road course. That's why Monza was Monza...not because of what it is today. I have never ever seen an oval and road course combined, except the one in Japan. Twin Ring Montegi. That's the one Danica won, but just the oval config.
twin_ring_motegi_image_2014-800x533.jpeg

This track was in recent game...Autosport maybe? Forza? But just the road course. I think you can combine the two.
Yep that was in Grid Autosport... despite it's arcadeness (new word lol) I loved GA.. had some terrific races there against the AI and the series we ran on it were some of the most fun racing I can remember. I actually downloaded it a while ago to run on the XBO but haven't got around to giving it a whirl just yet. It would probably feel very dated even though only a few years old but I still think of it with fondness :inlove:

I think there is a couple of combined courses in Australia, definitely was one in Adelaide and think they had another in Melbourne.. They were used for drag racing as well although I am not sure whether they are still used in that configuration these days.

I've added our little series to the list of leagues thread over at the AC forums. It might bring another racer or two to our neck of the woods.

It's a shame we cannot organise this so the AC stuff is inside it's own folder structure rather than everything together under one thread.

Reactions: Rob
It's a shame we cannot organise this so the AC stuff is inside it's own folder structure rather than everything together under one thread.
Yes, I keep reminding Bram, but maybe it's just not established enough yet. Once we have a few races that see decent turnout, I'll lobby again for a space in the assetto section.
. had some terrific races there against the AI and the series we ran on it were some of the most fun racing I can remember. I actually downloaded it a while ago to run on the XBO but haven't got around to giving it a whirl just yet.
Oh man, Railer and I were just talking about that the other day. The core group was very diverse, with watts, me, you, Railer, and boothy, plus hemps. Rememberer when Railer and hemps had that playoff race. Lol. No twitch! Wish that was recorded.
I think there is a couple of combined courses in Australia, definitely was one in Adelaide and think they had another in Melbourne.. They were used for drag racing as well although I am not sure whether they are still used in that configuration these days.
Didn't know that. But it figures, since ovals and Europe are like oil and water. I still would love to see indycar go to the UK. Someone mentioned Rockingham, but Brands would be great too, or Cadwell. Not holding my breath for the last one though.

If anyone is looking for a quick rough setup, there are several here:
http://thesetupmarket.com/#/setups/Assetto Corsa

I don't understand why both Lotus 49 setups at the Monza oval are -4 camber (both wheels) in the front and 0 in the rear. Oval setups are very very different than road courses, and one way you can tell is camber. In NASCAR, one wheel and the other (on the same axle) are opposite in terms of (-) and (+) but likely the same number. e.g. -4 and +4, because both wheels need to be tilted in the same direction. In Manza's case, it's all right handers :confused::confused: and a massive oval, going right :confused::confused:. WTF? How did that happen? lol. Monza built in 1966 should have mirrored Indy, but I love that's it's different. :inlove: But the setups would simply be reverse from NASCAR, as far as I know. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
So, I learned something. The three first tracks (purpose built) in the world were as follows, in year of appearance:

1. Brooklands (Surry, England, 1907)
2. Indianapolis (Indianapolis USA, 1909)
3. Monza (Monza, Italy, 1922)

Wow. England gets massive respect because of this. The makers of Indy were actually inspired by Brooklands, which was built because England was mad that France was "making too many cars" and so they wanted to inspire speed! That's awesome! However, the Brooklands circuit, while being mostly a banked oval, is not a complete oval. Too bad they couldn't keep the track running.

"Fisher proposed building a circular track 3 to 5 miles (5 to 8 km) long with smooth 100–150-foot-wide (30–45 m) surfaces. Such a track would give manufacturers a chance to test cars at sustained speeds and give drivers a chance to learn their limits. Fisher predicted speeds could reach up to 120 mph (190 km/h) on a 5-mile (8 km) course. He visited the Brooklands circuit outside London in 1907, and after viewing the banked layout, it solidified his determination to build the speedway. With dozens of car makers and suppliers in Indiana, Fisher proclaimed, "Indianapolis is going to be the world's greatest center of horseless carriage manufacturer, what could be more logical than building the world's greatest racetrack right here?"

Hi Guys, I know its a bit after the event on Sunday last but would just like to say how much i enjoyed the racing even though i was last... lol, thanks to those for getting Assetto Corsa organised, looking forward to many more in the future. Makes a difference having something other than Forza. Just love the mechanics of the game, needs a little improvement here and there but overall quite pleased with the outcome. Menus take a little getting used to but guess that will get better in time. Thanks again guys , looking forward to the next installment.

Did some casual lobby racing last night to get use to "the menu system". Was able to use the pull in pit stop box to add fuel and do repairs, and the regular "pits" from the menu button (outside of the pit box) to adjust the car tune during practice. After practice just select Drive to move into the next progression, then onto each section. One thing I do like is how the set up changes affect the cars performance. Seems very reactive to whatever inputs you add or delete. Ferrari 488 was a dream, and hardly needed any tweaking. But one thing I don't like is lack of HUD info, especially "how to figure" fuel usage. Can't quite figure out how to figure per lap fuel usage to configure the total fuel load for a race. If anyone has an idea about it, pleas post it here so we can plan on usage, otherwise it becomes an estimate at best. maybe too much, or maybe too little, which could be disastrous.
Side note: It use to be NO saves, but now it saves, but only one per car/track. Good thing I didn't chuck all those paper files, LOL.

Yes, I keep reminding Bram, but maybe it's just not established enough yet. Once we have a few races that see decent turnout, I'll lobby again for a space in the assetto section.

Oh man, Railer and I were just talking about that the other day. The core group was very diverse, with watts, me, you, Railer, and boothy, plus hemps. Rememberer when Railer and hemps had that playoff race. Lol. No twitch! Wish that was recorded.

Didn't know that. But it figures, since ovals and Europe are like oil and water. I still would love to see indycar go to the UK. Someone mentioned Rockingham, but Brands would be great too, or Cadwell. Not holding my breath for the last one though.
Yes I remember that play-off race lol. I also remember winning 2 of the three Indianapolis races in the Indycar putting you yanks to the sword lol Had a great battle with Railer in one and Hemps in another.

They did go to Rockingham some years ago.. think it was just a one off though and if memory serves it was spoiled by rain.

Did some casual lobby racing last night to get use to "the menu system". Was able to use the pull in pit stop box to add fuel and do repairs, and the regular "pits" from the menu button (outside of the pit box) to adjust the car tune during practice. After practice just select Drive to move into the next progression, then onto each section. One thing I do like is how the set up changes affect the cars performance. Seems very reactive to whatever inputs you add or delete. Ferrari 488 was a dream, and hardly needed any tweaking. But one thing I don't like is lack of HUD info, especially "how to figure" fuel usage. Can't quite figure out how to figure per lap fuel usage to configure the total fuel load for a race. If anyone has an idea about it, pleas post it here so we can plan on usage, otherwise it becomes an estimate at best. maybe too much, or maybe too little, which could be disastrous.
Side note: It use to be NO saves, but now it saves, but only one per car/track. Good thing I didn't chuck all those paper files, LOL.
Fuel usage will have to be worked out on track in practice (fill the car with say 10 litres and see how far it goes, try again with 15 and then 20 to get some kind of average. Then add a few litres extra just to be sure in case there is any difference how you drive the race, etc.

My concern is whether there is a difference between offline and online so that's another test that I will be doing.

What do:

Christian Fittipaldi
Scott Dixon
Oriol Servia
Tony Kanaan
Max Papis
Paul Tracy
Dario Franchitti
and
Michael Andretti

all have in common?

They all ran in the last IndyCar race in Europe (Rockingham, England) in 2002.
Yes I remember that play-off race lol. I also remember winning 2 of the three Indianapolis races in the Indycar putting you yanks to the sword lol Had a great battle with Railer in one and Hemps in another.

They did go to Rockingham some years ago.. think it was just a one off though and if memory serves it was spoiled by rain.
Oh please. That game was about all arcade. You gave up on NASCAR this year because I was routing you. Lol.
Actually, the oval I remember most was that tri-state, that was huge. We had a great race there, right to the end.

It appears that practice saves are ok, but OMP are not. Wow, that Type 49 is a strange one !!!
Any tips on that one. Have no idea about Vintage GP 67 tyres. Is it Avg. 80°C ?
I think this is going to change to the Lotus 25. Reason: The Lotus 25 was introduced in 1962, and although it didn't race the oval, the cars in 1961 did. The Lotus 49 came along in 1967 and the oval at Monza had not been raced in six years at that point. Although the cars look the same, the 25 was actually the more revolutionary one, since it was the first fully stressed monocoque and propelled Jim Clark to 14 victories.

Not sure the zero 25 would be a good choice for Monza with the oval. I only tried it very briefly last week (but not at Monza) but it didn't feel as though it would be suited to that track. Much better would be Zandvort, Silverstone or Monaco for that particular car.

Not being familiar with the Type 49, wow, that was a handful ! Not sure that's such a good track for that car either. So many bumps at Monza w/ oval, practically kills my wheel. I would have to adjust it down just for that track! But it was good to get a little experience with that type car. I do like ovals, but that one is quite bumpy. Can't wait for pC2 and the new ovals.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back