Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a run at Highlands Long, 10:00, Mid Clear, and it was quite fun in the Type 49. You really get a chance to prove the top speed going down hill on that long straight by the water. Way more fun than Monza, and at Zandor, with so many corners, I could never really get up any speed there.

Well, I officially changed it to the Lotus Type 29. I try to be historically accurate when I can. Hopefully, that's going to be a blast to drive. Need to concentrate on Hungary (F1) this weekend, but after that, can't wait to tackle this.

Could always look at another car if historical accuracy is what your after... Jaguar raced on it.. It was the D Type rather than the E Type that is in the game though ( why no D Type in the game :O_o:).

I've been distracted on other things this week so no practice in Indy or F1. Need to concentrate on Watkins 1000km next week but will try to get some time in on Assetto as well.

Could always look at another car if historical accuracy is what your after... Jaguar raced on it.. It was the D Type rather than the E Type that is in the game though ( why no D Type in the game :O_o:).

I've been distracted on other things this week so no practice in Indy or F1. Need to concentrate on Watkins 1000km next week but will try to get some time in on Assetto as well.

I thing the Watkins race is too long, and I wouldn't want to run with obstructeded view anyway. But good luck...maybe I can sub for an hour if we can get 3-4 guys.

I can tell no difference (virtually) between a 49 and a 25. Plus, that oval track needs some respect, and the 49 is probably too fast. They actually race with a little wooden fence around the outside. Damn. Thems some cajones.

I thing the Watkins race is too long, and I wouldn't want to run with obstructeded view anyway. But good luck...maybe I can sub for an hour if we can get 3-4 guys.

I can tell no difference (virtually) between a 49 and a 25. Plus, that oval track needs some respect, and the 49 is probably too fast. They actually race with a little wooden fence around the outside. Damn. Thems some cajones.
What obstructed view Rob?

You don't run the whole thing Rob thats why the teams are formed just like the real thing. Each person running one 250k portion of the race and no running consequecutive stints for any driver if a team has less than 4.

Myself, Pete (Shneeb) and one other have formed a team with anther guy unconfirmed at the moment so one of us will have to run two stints if that stays the same. But if you fancy giving it a go you could sign up for the fourth spot if Pete has no objections.. providing our 4th driver hasn't confirmed by now of course.

I only tried the 25 briefly but it seemed much stiffer and more skittish which may be a problem on the oval.. maybe not but some testing will reveal that.

What obstructed view Rob?

You don't run the whole thing Rob thats why the teams are formed just like the real thing. Each person running one 250k portion of the race and no running consequecutive stints for any driver if a team has less than 4.

Myself, Pete (Shneeb) and one other have formed a team with anther guy unconfirmed at the moment so one of us will have to run two stints if that stays the same. But if you fancy giving it a go you could sign up for the fourth spot if Pete has no objections.. providing our 4th driver hasn't confirmed by now of course.

I only tried the 25 briefly but it seemed much stiffer and more skittish which may be a problem on the oval.. maybe not but some testing will reveal that.

Yea, I could do an hour. I just would rather not have that fake helmet in the way. But if it's forced, I guess it's not removable. You mentioned something about it, so I thought it may be forced, but I'm not sure you can now....

What's the car and track?

• Fuel: 3 L
  • Brake bias (front %): 62 %
  • Engine limiter: 108 %
  • Front ARB: 90
  • Rear ARB: 10
/ Tires
  • Pressure: 38
  • Pressure: 39
/ Differential
  • Power: 20
  • Coast: 30
/ Front suspension
  • Toe out: 72
  • Camber: -21
  • Rod length: 25
  • Spring rate: 20
/ Rear suspension
  • Toe out: 22
  • Camber: -9
  • Rod length: 30
/ Front dampers
  • Bump: 2
  • Rebound: 2
/ Rear dampers
  • Bump: 4
  • Rebound: 3
They mentioned that a recent patch introduced a "brake slider" which should help the lap times in the car, I think they were talking about brake balance that is adjustable fro inside the car.

I really like the helmet view, used it throughout last night's race and found it to be the most immersive view I've used and the look to apex is just the nuts from there.

The view is mandatory but I'm not sure if it can be forced by the game.. I think it can be but will have to check.

Watkins Glen in the Nissan Oreca.

I really like the helmet view, used it throughout last night's race and found it to be the most immersive view I've used and the look to apex is just the nuts from there.

Now I'm confused. Someone Saturday said there was a look to apex in the straight up cockpit view, but you make it sound like there is more look to apex in the Helmet cam view.

As I recall, the reason I went with Helmet cam in the first place was because the look to apex is more exaggerated, and IMO, more like it happens in real life. I have the same feature almost maxed in the new F1 2017 game, and it's the *second* best new thing about the game, besides the handling. But if you are saying the look to apex is more in the helmet cam view, that's what I thought too. I just think that fake-ass helmet they try to black in (and move) the top and bottom of the screen...is annoying. But the look to apex, I agree...is fantastic. That's one of the hallmarks of Project Cars. Always has been for me.

Now I'm confused. Someone Saturday said there was a look to apex in the straight up cockpit view, but you make it sound like there is more look to apex in the Helmet cam view.

As I recall, the reason I went with Helmet cam in the first place was because the look to apex is more exaggerated, and IMO, more like it happens in real life. I have the same feature almost maxed in the new F1 2017 game, and it's the *second* best new thing about the game, besides the handling. But if you are saying the look to apex is more in the helmet cam view, that's what I thought too. I just think that fake-ass helmet they try to black in (and move) the top and bottom of the screen...is annoying. But the look to apex, I agree...is fantastic. That's one of the hallmarks of Project Cars. Always has been for me.
I need to revisit the look to apex in the cockpit view to compare but for me it feels much better in the helmet cam view. You can remove the actual helmet in that view but I prefer it as it is tbh. Not sure on the Watkins Glen 1000km whether it forces the actual helmet to be shown or not.. not even sure if you can force that.

I haven't found the look to apex in F1 2017 to be anywhere close to pCars but maybe I don't have it maxed out so that's yet another thing for me to check out tonight if I get on the console.

• Fuel: 3 L
  • Brake bias (front %): 62 %
  • Engine limiter: 108 %
  • Front ARB: 90
  • Rear ARB: 10
/ Tires
  • Pressure: 38
/ Differential
  • Power: 20
  • Coast: 30
/ Front suspension
/ Rear suspension
/ Front dampers
/ Rear dampers
They mentioned that a recent patch introduced a "brake slider" which should help the lap times in the car, I think they were talking about brake balance that is adjustable fro inside the car.
I had a bit of a longer test in the 25 this morning before work. It's actually really fun to drive around the full Monza classic. The oval is not particularly difficult, just flat out and hang on and hope the car and your wheel doesn't fall to bits with all those bumps lol but there's certainly a lot of skill involved in getting that car through the corners around the rest of the track. The Lesmo's in particular are going to cause some headaches for most I think. We are so used to taking them at speed that it's very alien to have to take them so cautiously in this lovely tub. I remember well how much of a challenge they used to be in the 49 in GPL but it's even more so in the 25 with those tyres giving even less grip and getting the right gear at the right time is paramount. Parabolica is also much tougher, again it's difficult to take too much speed through there and you have to come down the gears to have a chance to get around it. Again it's very easy to lose the back-end if getting the gears wrong though.

Your setup fits pretty well for me, i'll probably tweak a few things but feels pretty solid off the bat. Couple of things confused me though.. Engine Limiter 108%.. I don't have a percentage for that... it's 0-10 in the setup pages for me. 3L of fuel... not sure i'll get a full lap out of that with the extra distance following the exit from the pits as well.

Spotted your Twitch of a Hot lap this morning so I had a quick go at in that mode too and hit pretty much the same time.. 2:52. I'm sure we'll get that down but could be a close one :thumbsup:

Not sure on the Watkins Glen 1000km whether it forces the actual helmet to be shown or not.. not even sure if you can force that.

You can force cockpit (including helmet) but not the fake-ass helmet or the blur, thank God. So, yea, that's my normal view...and now yours by the sound of things!

I haven't found the look to apex in F1 2017 to be anywhere close to pCars but maybe I don't have it maxed out so that's yet another thing for me to check out tonight if I get on the console.

Considering just the look and not the helmet or blur, it's very very close. I basically max it out because it's not as extreme on either end, like pCARS.

The oval is not particularly difficult, just flat out and hang on and hope the car and your wheel doesn't fall to bits with all those bumps lol but there's certainly a lot of skill involved in getting that car through the corners around the rest of the track.

lol. Yea, it shakes pretty bad according to my testing. We will actually need to consider setup, since with an oval, as you know, you are competing for .05 instead of .1. Hint: max out the long gears and max out the tire pressure. That should get you 5-8 mph on the oval, which would swallow any road course gains from someone else if their setup is not right.

I remember well how much of a challenge they used to be in the 49 in GPL but it's even more so in the 25 with those tyres giving even less grip and getting the right gear at the right time is paramount. Parabolica is also much tougher, again it's difficult to take too much speed through there and you have to come down the gears to have a chance to get around it.

Amen. It seems to take forever. Sometimes, I'm not turning in, but just *thinking* of turning in and the damn thing spins. lol. It seems like if the over-steer doesn't get you the brakes do, and vice versa. You def. have to brake in a straight line, but who knew the slight kink after T1-2 (modern track) would come into play! I agree, these cars are so different, so fast but slow, and so much fun. It's a whole new way of learning to drive.

What are the settings going to be for this one Rob? Laps, Track Temp, Conditions, Pit stops, etc. We need to give everyone a heads-up asap so they can get to practice in the race conditions.

What I had set out in private. But probably only 15 laps instead of 20 due to the length. I'll post soon. But basically clear, 30 prac, 20 qualy, 15 laps.

I like the whole shebang including helmet lol Just feels more alive that way for me.

I did play around with the gears this morning but lengthening them gained me nothing tbh and lost me speed in other areas. As you can only adjust the final ration and not individual gears I put it back to default although that does max out way too early.

That track is capable of catching you at at any of the turns... even fast left-hand bend before Parabolica has a tendancy to understeer so has to be taken with some respect.

That race setup sounds about right.. 15 laps at close to 3 minutes a lap is fine by me. Pit stops?

Stick it up on the schedule part so everyone is clear :thumbsup:

That track is capable of catching you at at any of the turns... even fast left-hand bend before Parabolica has a tendancy to understeer so has to be taken with some respect.

Tendency to understeer. How about more understatement? lol. Tendency? lol. How about this - "it handles like a pig with skids in mud". That's what we'd say around here. I might as well just dis-attach my steering column, because it's useless. :whistling: Full lock at the only left turn on the track, and it's a snoozer for any car built after 1969. Of course, it didn't help that my setup was for an oval (which bought me some time in the oval, but then promptly hurled me into a deathly fireball after always clipping the grass after that left). Unfortunately, Assetto's setups are road course based, so you can't even get much positive camber if you wanted. It does help, but the tire pressures are what help the most. Heats up the tires nicely too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back