Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, that is strange. So, they patched it to fix a specific issue that simply appeared again after the patch. Wow. :thumbsdown::rolleyes:

I guess I never imagined a targeted issue could or would come back. But I got the same thing (blank and errors) when I just tried to load MP. Such a shame.
No this is different Rob and there has been no patch to fix it. When it happened last time the week before the original Brands Hatch race was sheduled they just said they had found what the problem was and fixed it but never outlined what the problem or fix was. So I dont believe they found out at all and just put a plaster over it and hoped it wouldn't fall off :unsure:

No this is different Rob and there has been no patch to fix it. When it happened last time the week before the original Brands Hatch race was sheduled they just said they had found what the problem was and fixed it but never outlined what the problem or fix was. So I dont believe they found out at all and just put a plaster over it and hoped it wouldn't fall off :unsure:

Yea, that's what I mean. That patch was specifically depolyed to fix the same issue I saw today. :O_o: No lobbies, and an error of some sort when I tried to create a room.

I did manage to get in late last night just before I switched off my Xbox and I could create a lobby although it was one of only three there at the time. There is no post indicating that it's been fixed though so as before I think it's just a hit and miss scenario at the moment.

I did manage to get in late last night just before I switched off my Xbox and I could create a lobby although it was one of only three there at the time. There is no post indicating that it's been fixed though so as before I think it's just a hit and miss scenario at the moment.
We should not throw out the baby with the bathwater. I'd vote for none of the above. Since a lobby will be stable if we can create it, we should try and and then have an alternative.

We should not throw out the baby with the bathwater. I'd vote for none of the above. Since a lobby will be stable if we can create it, we should try and and then have an alternative.
They threw the baby out themselves and left us with the bathwater :O_o:

I would love to have this work as the one race I had was really enjoyable but the problem right now is that with no definitive fix for this problem it can keep recurring at any time and as of this afternoon they are still no nearer to fixing it.

tbh I am not keen practicing for something with no guaranteed race at the end of it as I would rather put that time to some positive use and start with the career mode of F1 2017 which I am struggling to find the time to for at the moment

If we are going that route Rob then let's at least be clear in what we are doing. If we have not successfully got the lobby created and have everyone successfully in the race session by 9:10 we should go straight to the alternative which needs to be decided in advance. Last thing I want is to be sodding around on Sunday evening trying to get something to work and then having a discussion about what we do next. I get on to race pure and simple :thumbsup:.

Last edited:
They threw the baby out themselves and left us with the bathwater :O_o:

I would love to have this work as the one race I had was really enjoyable but the problem right now is that with no definitive fix for this problem it can keep recurring at any time and as of this afternoon they are still no nearer to fixing it.

tbh I am not keen practicing for something with no guaranteed race at the end of it as I would rather put that time to some positive use and start with the career mode of F1 2017 which I am struggling to find the time to for at the moment

If we are going that route Rob then let's at least be clear in what we are doing. If we have not successfully got the lobby created and have everyone successfully in the race session by 9:10 we should go straight to the alternative which needs to be decided in advance. Last thing I want is to be sodding around on Sunday evening trying to get something to work and then having a discussion about what we do next. I get on to race pure and simple :thumbsup:.
Sounds like this was all figured out in advance. For me, Assetto is better than f1 when it works, driving wise. So it's worth the attempt, however short. This was never meant to be a series you needed to pound out practices for. But it's better not to debate proposed ideas in chat. I guess we need a new host. I'll ask Bram again about an assetto league in that forum if the game is even semi stable.

Sounds like this was all figured out in advance. For me, Assetto is better than f1 when it works, driving wise. So it's worth the attempt, however short. This was never meant to be a series you needed to pound out practices for. But it's better not to debate proposed ideas in chat. I guess we need a new host. I'll ask Bram again about an assetto league in that forum if the game is even semi stable.
That's the problem though Rob.. when it's working it's great.. but for the second time in a few weeks it's not and they have no clue why.

Nothing has been figured out at all.. just with the game so unstable at the moment and currently not raceable again it makes sense to have a contingency in place before we get to race time. If it is working then great but if not then we should have something else ready to go to straight away.

I agree about the practice... but being able to have at least one run out prior to the race would be handy lol

Unfortunately the numbers wanting to race are dwindling all over due to the unreliability of it at present. It's a massive shame for sure as Assetto should be a 'go to game' rather than a 'shall I try to see if it's working' game.

I'm not going to give up on it just yet and will try again shortly to see if there's any change.

Last edited:
That's the problem though Rob.. when it's working it's great.. but for the second time in a few weeks it's not and they have no clue why.

Nothing has been figured out at all.. just with the game so unstable at the moment and currently not raceable again it makes sense to have a contingency in place before we get to race time. If it is working then great but if not then we should have something else ready to go to straight away.

I agree about the practice... but being able to have at least one run out prior to the race would be handy lol

Unfortunately the numbers wanting to race are dwindling all over due to the unreliability of it at present. It's a massive shame for sure as Assetto should be a 'go to game' rather than a 'shall I try to see if it's working' game.

I'm not going to give up on it just yet and will try again shortly to see if there's any change.
And I agree with you that the game is worth a shot if at all possible. While a change to the right section might help get more who are devoted to the game, it's certainly not going to help the game itself. (I should have realized this would happen after getting mugged by gypsies in Rome and getting my U.S. passport reissued in a day a, but having the Eurorail pass take a week, lol).

I don't want to waste any time either, but it would take approx. 1.2 seconds to see if the lobby works, which can even be done before the invite. It's no skin off of anyone's back except the host. That is, unless everyone wants to run Classics anyway. I get that, though...this is a F1 section after all. :laugh:

Why don't I just invite everyone to Assetto if I can get the lobby up and if we start getting the CTD, then we don't bother again unless those slack asses at Kunos fix this for good. I'm far from taking this back and demanding a refund, but I don't want to beat my head against a wall either, especially with NASCAR and PC2 coming out soon. (BTW, you plan on getting NASCAR? I assume so, since you pointed me towards it.)

As for practice, that's already baked in to the format here. I'm in Richmond, but back for the weekend. I have to drive through the Cat 5 on Monday, so if I disappear, send a search party who is are drug addicts being rewarded with some crack if they find me. The cops are useless. lol.

I managed to get on tonight and created our lobby but it was one of only about four there so I suspect some are still not able to get into the game at all. Nothing in the A.C. forums to suggest it's been fixed either so maybe I just got lucky.

Reactions: Rob
I managed to get on tonight and created our lobby but it was one of only about four there so I suspect some are still not able to get into the game at all. Nothing in the A.C. forums to suggest it's been fixed either so maybe I just got lucky.

Good stuff. I guess we will have to a bit lucky. Shame to miss the 98T at Brands. That's the best combo ever. I'm just mad I didn't think of it. :laugh: This is like taking the 1979 Kawasaki XT500 and putting 100 of those engines in a car. It's like...get ready for blast off after every turn. :thumbsup:

Why don't I just invite everyone to Assetto if I can get the lobby up and if we start getting the CTD, then we don't bother again unless those slack asses at Kunos fix this for good. I'm far from taking this back and demanding a refund, but I don't want to beat my head against a wall either, especially with NASCAR and PC2 coming out soon. (BTW, you plan on getting NASCAR? I assume so, since you pointed me towards it.)
I certainly want to and I finally got a response from them to confirm that it is being released over here on the same day as in the US:-

Thanks for reaching out to us. We do plan on releasing NASCAR Heat 2 internationally on the Xbox and Playstation digital stores on September 12th, in approved countries (Note: if you choose to purchase a disk copy of NH2, it will have limited functionality). You can see the list below:

I have no idea why it would be limited when buying the disk version though :O_o: It's was still not available for pre-order on the Xbox Store when I checked just now. I can get it on pre-order from Amazon.co.uk with a download code but it costs £59.99 :O_o::poop: and I have never bought a download code via Amazon so am a bit cautious about it. Main issue though is the price!! Scandalous!!

Last edited:
I certainly want to and I finally got a response from them to confirm that it is being released over here on the same day as in the US:-

Thanks for reaching out to us. We do plan on releasing NASCAR Heat 2 internationally on the Xbox and Playstation digital stores on September 12th, in approved countries (Note: if you choose to purchase a disk copy of NH2, it will have limited functionality). You can see the list below:

I have no idea why it would be limited when buying the disk version though :O_o: It's was still not available for pre-order on the Xbox Store when I checked just now. I can get it on pre-order from Amazon.co.uk with a download code but it costs £59.99 :O_o::poop: and I have never bought a download code via Amazon so am a bit cautious about it. Main issue though is the price!! Scandalous!!

That's $80 here! :mad::confused::poop::cry::mad::mad::mad:

They need to be tarred and feathered for that sh*t. Unbelievable. I guess your only option is to buy a gun and a cowboy hat and move to Texas? :thumbsup: Wouldn't be but so bad if you know how to rope cattle. Speaking of Texas, Dad went to Dallas for the Cowboys-Giants opener this Sunday night...invited me free too...and I could not do it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:) There is no stop to the injustice in this world. :laugh:

Seriously, why not digital? Don't you get tired of swapping out all those games, when you could just hit a button. They go with you, even if you are on another xbox? Although I don't think that's an enticement if you have to take your whole rig. :O_o: I love it because it's just sit and go. I'm afraid I'll break or scratch one of those disks too..and they probably charge extra for scratch insurance. :cautious:

Are you an approved country? YOu went Brexit, so yes, your approved. :laugh: I'll talk to Bezos. :thumbsup::laugh:

But the really good news is that you *can* get it. I know you will. :ninja: And if it's as good as they are saying, we should either try out that split screen together, or maybe get a league going where you can race. Or just putz around ourselves with the new feature where you can add A.I. to the on line session. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll definitely go digital whenever I can, it's what I prefer now for the reason you mention tbh but as pointed out before it's the increased price for that format that prevents me going that route every time. 25%+ mark up over the disc format is just too much. For Heat 2 it's the only way to go seeing as the disc version will handicapped over here somehow. Any idea why that would be... I've never heard of that before and it seems difficult to me how thats even legal.

Yeah, CTD is really bad.
Irma moved westward a bit. So for Naples that's not good. For the eastern side it's slightly better, but some additional chance of tornado's. So, the latest is for us, Late Sat night will be 87 mph winds and 3~8 ft surge. Early Sun morning will be 97~100 mph with 6~9 ft surge. TUE morning will be the start of power restoration across FLA. So, all in all, IF it stays on it's current path we will miss the heaviest portion around the eye. But everything can change from hour to hour, just how it goes. Comcast is starting to act funny now, so I would race, but I might cause issues, so I won't for now.
I did look at the F1 2017 start up UTube video, and it looked pretty cool. I'll wait and see after pC2 what's up.

Yeah, CTD is really bad.
Irma moved westward a bit. So for Naples that's not good. For the eastern side it's slightly better, but some additional chance of tornado's. So, the latest is for us, Late Sat night will be 87 mph winds and 3~8 ft surge. Early Sun morning will be 97~100 mph with 6~9 ft surge. TUE morning will be the start of power restoration across FLA. So, all in all, IF it stays on it's current path we will miss the heaviest portion around the eye. But everything can change from hour to hour, just how it goes. Comcast is starting to act funny now, so I would race, but I might cause issues, so I won't for now.
I did look at the F1 2017 start up UTube video, and it looked pretty cool. I'll wait and see after pC2 what's up.

Peter, I hope you are safe. I have seen the eye pass over for 20 mins in between 100mph winds. The key is -- it's the *right* side of the eye path that is more dangerous to land (except for storm surge, because the winds shift as it goes through). That right side wind speed is magnified because the speed of the hurricane overall adds to the speed of the bands moving south to north on the right side. Both are moving north. With this sucker, though, everywhere is bad. Real bad. If you have any tall trees around you that are not pine trees, stay far away. I've seen 1 of 10 homes destroyed in an old growth, tall-treed neighborhood in Raleigh...120 miles inland from landfall.

Stay safe my man.

Thanks for the thoughts. We have some really great local forecaster's here that are constantly updating the progress every 10 minutes. They are really spot on with the predictions, so we are confident that we will only see up to 100MPH from the right side of the eye in my city. Course, that can change at anytime!

Thanks for the thoughts. We have some really great local forecaster's here that are constantly updating the progress every 10 minutes. They are really spot on with the predictions, so we are confident that we will only see up to 100MPH from the right side of the eye in my city. Course, that can change at anytime!

Stay safe. Are you heavily forested with non-pine? When I was in Florida, it seemed pretty open compared to states north. I have learned the hard way that trees and massive inland flooding are the biggest killers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.