Assetto Corsa Support League (non F1 Weekends)

header.jpg

The Assetto Corsa Off Week Championship

Championship Standings are here.

Schedule is here.

Rules are here, to the extent applicable, and based on the below from this website.

Participant Sign up and List is here.

Race Settings
Factory Traction Control: None
Factory ABS: None
Stability Control: Off
Tire Wear & Fuel Consumption: 200%
Manual Gears Only
(clutch assist and blip on)
Driving Line: Off
Penlites: On
Corner Cutting: On (5 sec. penalty)
Pit Exit / Entry Penalties: On

Last edited by a moderator:
Both the United States and the eu have sued Microsoft, and won, for anti trust violations. That's a fact, not a conspiracy. The burden is now on them to disprove.
Big corporations including Apple have been sued for anti-trust violations too so MS are far from alone in that... But in terms of MS sabotaging games it just doesn't float with me. I may well be wrong but I see no proof of it anywhere.

One thing I just thought: Did not have any "saves" until the "reserved" space was previously added. Then the game started crashing recently, MS has a massive core services "Live" situation, it gets sorted out, and now AC works "without" saves again. Maybe when the save data fills up locally and then tries to update to the cloud it won't do it and crashes. I'm done worrying about it, just back to paper files and no saves.
Yesterday it would save in a current ongoing session, but not when going from current car to another car and back again. So, I had to be in the right car, and file loaded when I wanted to race in the OMP league race. This was a comment from McDuff: Had a bit of difficulty with the lobbies and xb1 parties tonight chaps. Could only host public server with password, otherwise it would change the car or just not create the lobby. Party chat kept dropping folks too and a couple of us got disconnected.
It's nearly there, but it's not perfect.

On another note, the Ferrari 458 GT2 has positive toe in the front. Any thoughts on that? Seems to work ok, but I don't understand it. I'm sure you guys know more about it, and I would like to be enlightened also.
Saves still work for me Pete.. tried again tonight. This is one of the problems we face in that there is no one issue or solution for everyone with Assetto. People are having different issues from each other and some none at all. Some solutions work for some but not others... it's a real hotchpotch of things thst is a bit of a mess at times. It just seems a fragile port of the core game to console and Xbox in particular where any number of things can and do go wrong. But not for everyone and not at the same time.

That stuff from DSRL definitely seems game related though rather than any XBL issue...

Last edited:
Big corporations including Apple have been sued for anti-trust violations too so MS are far from alone in that... But in terms of MS sabotaging games it just doesn't float with me. I may well be wrong but I see no proof of it anywhere.
That's factually wrong. Apple was sued by the idiots in the EU for not paying more taxes. Since they are based in Ireland re: Europe, that's the rate they use. Apple was of course right. Microsoft was sued over forcing people to use their web browser, back when governments were not large corporate bribery rings.

That's factually wrong. Apple was sued by the idiots in the EU for not paying more taxes. Since they are based in Ireland re: Europe, that's the rate they use. Apple was of course right. Microsoft was sued over forcing people to use their web browser, back when governments were not large corporate bribery rings.
I was not aware of that but was referring to the ebook issue they had which was broght by the US not EU.. that's just one that I am aware of.

Strange as I've never been forced to use a Microsoft web browser!!

Last edited:
One thing I just thought: Did not have any "saves" until the "reserved" space was previously added. Then the game started crashing recently, MS has a massive core services "Live" situation, it gets sorted out, and now AC works "without" saves again. Maybe when the save data fills up locally and then tries to update to the cloud it won't do it and crashes. I'm done worrying about it, just back to paper files and no saves.
Yesterday it would save in a current ongoing session, but not when going from current car to another car and back again. So, I had to be in the right car, and file loaded when I wanted to race in the OMP league race. This was a comment from McDuff: Had a bit of difficulty with the lobbies and xb1 parties tonight chaps. Could only host public server with password, otherwise it would change the car or just not create the lobby. Party chat kept dropping folks too and a couple of us got disconnected.
It's nearly there, but it's not perfect.

On another note, the Ferrari 458 GT2 has positive toe in the front. Any thoughts on that? Seems to work ok, but I don't understand it. I'm sure you guys know more about it, and I would like to be enlightened also.
With regard to that save data filling up idea you mentioned Pete pCars has always had the same issue in so far as if the save file reaches about 250mb you are in danger of corruption. That's what happened to me... after the Watkins enduro event I tried to save the replay but it failed so I knew I had to delete something before exiting the game. Unfortunately I forgot and hence why when I went back to it the game failed to load unless I delete the save file and start again. The cloud version also has the corrupt save because on exit of the game it automatically saves your game file so you then have a corrupt local version and cloud version also :rolleyes:. There is no failsafe built in allowing you to keep a previous good version which is one of the shortfalls of the X1 over the 360 where you could backup to a flash drive.

Last edited:
I was not aware of that but was referring to the ebook issue they had which was broght by the US not EU.. that's just one that I am aware of.

Strange as I've never been forced to use a Microsoft web browser!!

The Clinton Justice Department sued them and Bush settled:

The plaintiffs alleged that Microsoft abused monopoly power on Intel-based personal computers in its handling of operating system and web browser sales (at the time web browsers were not freeware, but were sold individually on discs)....Underlying these disputes were questions over whether Microsoft altered or manipulated its application programming interfaces (APIs) to favor Internet Explorer over third party web browsers, Microsoft's conduct in forming restrictive licensing agreements with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and Microsoft's intent in its course of conduct.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft_Corp.

So, they have a long long history of doing this, but they have lost a lot of power and influence these days, I agree. But the XBOX is a perfect platform for them to "gently nudge" (illegal) people toward their products, as Facebook and Google do now, also illegally. There was talk of breaking up Microsoft, but they broke up themselves. lol. Now, Google and Amazon need to meet the same fate. This country used to abhor corporations that got to big (Ma Bell)...and now we worship them. They are, in essence, the root of the problem these days.

Just a quick question -- I have not had a chance to play the classic cars in the beta, but everyone seems to think they are the bees knees. What would you all think about a classic series? If yes, how would you organize and structure it? What tracks would you pick? Would you rather play that than the modern cars? Have you tried them in the game?

Three of the classic cars were available to drive in the first two phases of the beta so you just missed out and they were brilliant to drive, so much fun. I loved the Williams FW14B. The McLaren MP4/4 is only available if you pre-ordered the game but will be available later on as a DLC apparently so you need to factor that in as well.

I'll have to have a think about what tracks and it depends on whether you are aiming for the most realistic experience where we try to use tracks as close as we can to what were around at the time or just for fun whereby we could utilise some of the alternate layout tracks (Monaco at night in anyone...).

I personally wouldn't want it in place of the modern formula though. This is the best F1 game we have had so I want to be able to use it to the maximum.

What sort of day were you looking at though Rob? With Saturdays and Sundays pretty much tied up with F1, Assetto and Indycar there doesn't seem to be the scope to fit this in unless it were to replace Assetto. Not sure I would want that in all honesty unless Kunos crap out again on the online game.

Re the whole Microsoft issue I am assuming that is business based PC's because it certainly wasn't the case for computers bought for personal use. I remember waaaay back in the early days there were two browsers available.. Internet Explorer and Netscape. I used Netscape for quite some time.

Re the whole Microsoft issue I am assuming that is business based PC's because it certainly wasn't the case for computers bought for personal use. I remember waaaay back in the early days there were two browsers available.. Internet Explorer and Netscape. I used Netscape for quite some time.

Personal. Microsoft was not a business giant like IBM back then. Before Netscape there was Prodigy, and before that various bulletin boards and AOL. You could use Netscape on Windows, but it was a royal pain in the ass and everything initially directed users toward IE. Less sophisticated users, in general, but it worked. And that was just the tip of the iceberg. But nowadays, companies like Amazon and Google make Microsoft look like pikers.

As the crash to desktop problem has plagued Assetto yet again I guess we need to start looking at whether we can continue with this series in it's current form. I love the game and so much about it but while they have no idea what is causing it the chances are that it could keep on rearing it's head again and we will be left unsure whether we can race each week. The fact they ignored my requests for some information as to what caused the issue last time left me feeling that they didn't actually know and we would therefore likely have it raise it's head again and that has been borne out by events over the last few days. We have the re-scheduled Brands race this Sunday but as things stand that won't be possible unless they fix the problem quickly.

We have several options open to us I guess:-

1) Hold fire and hope that they sort out the problem in time for our race and if not postpone it again.
2) Run a series using the classic F1 2017 cars
3) Start a new series running Project Cars 2 once it is launched and proven stable.
4) Run something with Dirt 4 if enough have it.

Just thought I would put this out there.

Last edited:
I pick option 2. We know that game is stable atm. I just wish we has some classic tracks as well as cars.
Yeah me too.. as they already had them for F1 2013 you would think they could reork them to bring them to us as a DLC or something.

I reckon we should run the alternate track layouts to start with as at least that is something a bit fresh rather than the same tracks we usually run with the modern cars.

Yeah me too.. as they already had them for F1 2013 you would think they could reork them to bring them to us as a DLC or something.

I reckon we should run the alternate track layouts to start with as at least that is something a bit fresh rather than the same tracks we usually run with the modern cars.

Do we need a poll? lol. I vote #1, but with a question...how serious is the problem? I have not played in a while. But the last time I played it was fine. And I played in multiplayer. I always try to. I'm not sure I ever experienced this, in fact.

The problem with the classic series is not the cars for sure, but the tracks. This is a point of view, I'm sure, as I'm not a big fan of F1 tracks in general. And pCARS2 will get some very serious attention when it comes out. So will NASCAR Heat 2, if you like that sort of thing. Also, DiRT4 Land Rush is the most fun of them all. So, I'd have to think hard about doubling up on F1. It's more about time with me.

What about a hardcore league...like no assists, no HUD and forced cockpit? That usually gets howls. Except from Peter. :thumbsup:

Do we need a poll? lol. I vote #1, but with a question...how serious is the problem? I have not played in a while. But the last time I played it was fine. And I played in multiplayer. I always try to. I'm not sure I ever experienced this, in fact.

The problem with the classic series is not the cars for sure, but the tracks. This is a point of view, I'm sure, as I'm not a big fan of F1 tracks in general. And pCARS2 will get some very serious attention when it comes out. So will NASCAR Heat 2, if you like that sort of thing. Also, DiRT4 Land Rush is the most fun of them all. So, I'd have to think hard about doubling up on F1. It's more about time with me.

What about a hardcore league...like no assists, no HUD and forced cockpit? That usually gets howls. Except from Peter. :thumbsup:
Its the same problem as before Rob, the game crashes to dashboard unless you go into offline mode which of course then means no multiplayer. You experienced it too the last time, check pages 10 and 11. It's known and reported again at the A.C. forums and once again they are looking into it so clearly don't know what causes it.

I checked tonight and could only get into the game in off line mode.

Using the classic cars would only 've a temporary series while we wait for something more permanent.

Reactions: Rob
Its the same problem as before Rob, the game crashes to dashboard unless you go into offline mode which of course then means no multiplayer. You experienced it too the last time, check pages 10 and 11. It's known and reported again at the A.C. forums and once again they are looking into it so clearly don't know what causes it.

I checked tonight and could only get into the game in off line mode.

Using the classic cars would only 've a temporary series while we wait for something more permanent.

Okay, well i guess the seriousness of the beg has ramped up since we ran the first two races? What caused the breakdown since Silverstone classic? Sounds like some sort of patch bug. Strange, since we we were fine both races.

I remember when there were no lobbies available and you could not create one, but that was fixed by a patch. Did it come back?

Yea, that is strange. So, they patched it to fix a specific issue that simply appeared again after the patch. Wow. :thumbsdown::rolleyes:

I guess I never imagined a targeted issue could or would come back. But I got the same thing (blank and errors) when I just tried to load MP. Such a shame.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.