Assetto Corsa Reveal New Porsche DLC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche announcement.jpg

Kunos said save the date, big news upcoming they say... many F5 key pressing moments on Facebook later and finally the wait is over.... Kunos Simulazioni have today announced that the Porsche brand will be making its debut in the best selling Italian simulation.

Following a 12 year absence from sim racing titles German marque Porsche have signed a deal to bring a selection of licenced cars as part of two upcoming DLC packs for both console and PC versions of Assetto Corsa.

Exciting news for racing fans throughout the world, today's announcement offers plenty of food for thought for sim racing enthusiasts to look forward to in the coming weeks and months. No further details from Kunos regarding the DLC content is available at this stage however stay tuned in to RaceDepartment for more news on the announcement as it becomes available.

Check out the official Assetto Corsa Porsche reveal trailer below:
Check out our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forum and engage with our large AC community, digest and discuss the latest news stories and of course take the tour of our new and improved AC modding forum for downloads and previews of top quality Assetto Corsa community created content.

The big news is out - what do you think the arrival of the Porsche brand in Assetto Corsa? Are you happy the German marque have finally broken out into mainstream racing simulators? What could this mean for the prospects of other racing sims securing the Porsche licence? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I remember a post not long ago with a video of a race weekend at spa where someone was on a simulator using a Porsche in AC and everyone thought it's an ACpro thing.. Guess it was not.

It's almost at the point now where I'd prefer it if they add more road cars because at least they can be used as intended. But tbh, I'm happy to have AC as my road car game for a bit of fun as AMS has really consumed 99% of my time with the racing to be had :D

Chris pls... can't you see that AC has to do/have everything. Do you think we have much choice when it comes to sim racing titles in the market right now? Kunos has to step up their game, fact. But at the same time I do think their current success is unjustified because it is a known fact that Kunos are lazy scam artists. I have a features wishlist but in the end it doesn't even matter as AC has no simulation value/ultra simcade at best so I won't touch it even if it had features. Which means that I will continue playing my sim of choice like I do right now; because I lied about having no choice, if anything we are spoiled for choice but don't you pay any attention to that little detail. All that said, for some reason I'm still compelled to invest my time into mounting a smear campaign because instead of thinking of AC as a gateway sim that could introduce a wider audience to our niche genre, I'd very much prefer it to just go die in a fire somewhere and then our beloved sim racing market could stay as stagnant as possible. I mean, who needs competition that breeds innovation within the industry among the different studios amirite? Imagine for a second the utopian world where AC doesn't exist, can't you just see the hundreds of thousands of people flocking to play rF2/AMS/R3E/iR/X Motor Racing? Those filth are just stealing our new players damnit, our new players. Wake up sheeple. :unsure:

Who would have thunk it that sim racing discussions had the potential to turn into such an amazing example of Poe's Law. Anywho I'm in complete agreement with your stance here, more than happy with AC shoveling in more road cars because I'm not too stuck up as to not enjoy them in mah simyoolayturrs and to me that's AC's intended purpose on this earth - a dedicated 'ring sim with street cars and mods. We got way too many titles for our other racing needs. That said, more features are appreciated but I ain't gonna hold my breath in anticipation. xD

The only way Porsche would commit to this is if there was no possibility of KS providing access to Porsche mods cirumventing the official releases. Hence the reason for the modding forum being restricted recently. Of course KS can't stop what happens outside of the official forum, but at least they are no longer complicit in it. Anyway, excited to be getting some official Porsches finally! I'm sure these two DLC packs will be the most expensive DLC packs ever.

I am still surprised to see that some people prefer features over the feel of the car and how the cars drive. To me building the perfect sim is like a pyramid. The base has to be ready first and that's what Kunos is doing, improving the way the cars behave, at the top of the pyramid are the features, no point on starting constructing the top if you don't have a good base like project cars or F1 20XX series did. In order to keep constructing the pyramid money is necessary as in everybody's life and industries. In order to keep the money flowing Kunos is bringing the DLC's. With the DLC's and the oxygen it bring they are still continuing the development, it has never stopped. Too bad some people are just not patient. Patience is a bitter tree but it's fruits are sweet.

Last edited:
But online races statistics show exactly the opposite.
Well obviously, because the majority of people will always prefer to race actual race cars (I am one of those people). But my point was that most of the race cars in the game can't actually be used for the type of racing they were designed for (I.e. 919 LMP1) because the basic function of the game doesn't facilitate that... Yet.

I hope some day it'll get to a point where we can do proper racing events in a similar fashion to iRacing, rF2 and AMS, because then it will be the ultimate sim. At the moment it has the best content, but none of the features. But I'm prepared to wait, and in the mean time, there's several other sims that can fulfill my racing cravings :D

With the DLC's and the oxygen it bring they are still continuing the development, it has never stopped. Too bad some people are just not patient. Patience is a bitter tree but it's fruits are sweet.

For me it's the direction this "development" has taken that doesn't bode well.

Free community mods snapped up and released as paid DLC, sucks.

I keep a copy of the Release Candidate (best version) handy on another image for comparisons.

Since then:

Graphics have worsened. (see the recent post on RD).
Sounds have got worse (compare pre and post FMOD sounds - night and day).
Physics - the tire model is amazing in the R.C compared to the plasticy feel we have now. It might have more "features" but the feel of the rubber has been sacrificed way too much.
Single player left to fester. Slightly better AI, but still awful.
Multiplayer still lacking.

I know people are gushing over everything AC hypes, but while I don't question their license acquisition skills I really have to question their actual dev and game skills.

i'm a fan of Porsche and it's great for Kunos that they got the license but i have to say every new car license announced has started to feel like a negative to me. this game has an insane amount of cars planned already (for a sim) but IMO is desperately lacking tracks and features.

with this licence now they could make a complete gt3 field.... a complete set of gt3 cars could bring again much more people to the game (maybe steal a lot people from raceroom) but beside the 919 i think the most things what will come will be again useless streetcars -.-

With such momentum there is no way for AC to stop, it'll be great.

I agree to Chris. It is very healthy to play other sims from time to time. I lke Dirt for rally, and rF2 for weather and night and a lot other features.

...Free community mods snapped up and released as paid DLC, sucks...

Don't agree with you there. I think the modders benefit from the recognition which if they want to do 3D modelling as a job must be helpful on their cv and maybe some cash as well (no idea on that though?).

But the main thing for me is that Kunos will maintain those cars to keep working as long as AC is supported. It's frustrating how many good mods get to release but never updated as the tyre model and sound versions, etc. change. Personally I think that is worth paying something for.

NOOO. Gotta keep the community mods free.

Personally I think this is exactly why Mr Sander's long awaited 962C has not been released yet, it will be gobbled-up into official content the same as his Mazda 787B, Not necessarily a bad thing and again confirm his level of expertise, as long as he is credited for his years of toil.

But this is just me thinking aloud..........

i'm a fan of Porsche and it's great for Kunos that they got the license but i have to say every new car license announced has started to feel like a negative to me. this game has an insane amount of cars planned already (for a sim) but IMO is desperately lacking tracks and features.

Yep, whilst I welcome the Porsche announcement, (it's a huge licence) and a nice surprise, I too am still looking for more features. I don't think everything that people have requested will come, I think people need to be somewhat realistic. Night would be near impossible, however I would like to see things like rolling starts, timed races, warm up laps, jump starts, pit lane penalties. Whether all of these are desirable for the team or userbase, well that's open to debate.

I have no personal axe to grind with AC or Kunos, I love AC, even after all the changes over the 2 years since release.

The fact is, there is one guy doing all the programming. Now I know Stefano has previously said that hiring another person wouldn't necessarily improve things in terms of speed or efficiency, as it's about good work flow, which I get. There is no point hiring someone if he is stepping on your toes or you are having to redo his work, thus generating more work etc.

However the situation is that it's still one chap doing it all. Is it too much for one person? Maybe it is the best way, I don't know... They had another coder, Giovanni? I believe he left a while back now, though I don't know if he was doing the same stuff as Stefano.

Another point about the Porsche licence. I just hope it doesn't backfire on them. I'd hate it if they had paid a fortune for the licence and then never got the money back or it turned out to be a financial disaster in some way. I just hope the terms are good.

Yep, whilst I welcome the Porsche announcement, (it's a huge licence) and a nice surprise, I too am still looking for more features. I don't think everything that people have requested will come, I think people need to be somewhat realistic. Night would be near impossible, however I would like to see things like rolling starts, timed races, warm up laps, jump starts, pit lane penalties. Whether all of these are desirable for the team or userbase, well that's open to debate.

I have no personal axe to grind with AC or Kunos, I love AC, even after all the changes over the 2 years since release.

The fact is, there is one guy doing all the programming. Now I know Stefano has previously said that hiring another person wouldn't necessarily improve things in terms of speed or efficiency, as it's about good work flow, which I get. There is no point hiring someone if he is stepping on your toes or you are having to redo his work, thus generating more work etc.

However the situation is that it's still one chap doing it all. Is it too much for one person? Maybe it is the best way, I don't know... They had another coder, Giovanni? I believe he left a while back now, though I don't know if he was doing the same stuff as Stefano.

Another point about the Porsche licence. I just hope it doesn't backfire on them. I'd hate it if they had paid a fortune for the licence and then never got the money back or it turned out to be a financial disaster in some way. I just hope the terms are good.

yeah we will see. features wise im not expecting miracles but even proper starts and maybe warm up laps and rolling start option would be good and an option to restrict power for MP as we have a lot of cars that arent really part of a class and ballast doesnt work that well. id like to see better clutch/drivetrain/audio as well, or whatever it is that makes the cars feel a bit sterile under acceleration compared to say iRacing.

and tracks, more tracks, i really really think this game is in desperate need of more tracks!!!!!!!

back on topic im hoping for a 908 or 917k and a naturally aspirated classic 911 racer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back