Assetto Corsa Reveal New Porsche DLC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche announcement.jpg

Kunos said save the date, big news upcoming they say... many F5 key pressing moments on Facebook later and finally the wait is over.... Kunos Simulazioni have today announced that the Porsche brand will be making its debut in the best selling Italian simulation.

Following a 12 year absence from sim racing titles German marque Porsche have signed a deal to bring a selection of licenced cars as part of two upcoming DLC packs for both console and PC versions of Assetto Corsa.

Exciting news for racing fans throughout the world, today's announcement offers plenty of food for thought for sim racing enthusiasts to look forward to in the coming weeks and months. No further details from Kunos regarding the DLC content is available at this stage however stay tuned in to RaceDepartment for more news on the announcement as it becomes available.

Check out the official Assetto Corsa Porsche reveal trailer below:
Check out our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forum and engage with our large AC community, digest and discuss the latest news stories and of course take the tour of our new and improved AC modding forum for downloads and previews of top quality Assetto Corsa community created content.

The big news is out - what do you think the arrival of the Porsche brand in Assetto Corsa? Are you happy the German marque have finally broken out into mainstream racing simulators? What could this mean for the prospects of other racing sims securing the Porsche licence? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Idk but i'm pretty sure my AC has at least all the important flags? Also there is some sort of penalty system, just not a very good one.
Yeah there are flags, but they're purely cosmetic. They don't actually do anything, so for example you can hold someone up with blue flags until the cows come home. The penalty system is indeed incredibly limited. It only pertains to track limits, and even then it's very scarcely enforced. It's just not a polished... Thing, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Yeah there are flags, but they're purely cosmetic. They don't actually do anything, so for example you can hold someone up with blue flags until the cows come home. The penalty system is indeed incredibly limited. It only pertains to track limits, and even then it's very scarcely enforced. It's just not a polished... Thing, unfortunately.

I don't feel as it is crucially important to be honest, because in well organized club races with adequate people in them, it is never a problem, like at RD.

Graphics have worsened. (see the recent post on RD).
Sounds have got worse (compare pre and post FMOD sounds - night and day).
Physics - the tire model is amazing in the R.C compared to the plasticy feel we have now. It might have more "features" but the feel of the rubber has been sacrificed way too much.
Single player left to fester. Slightly better AI, but still awful.
Multiplayer still lacking.
So, what you're saying is that Assetto Corsa has gotten worse in every single aspect of the game? Have I read your message correctly? Hmmm... I'll bet you're one of those guys who thinks "harder = better/more realistic", even if you don't think you are. That's just a guess though... :rolleyes:

On another note:

It's almost embarrassing to see how many people criticize Kunos for getting more licenses while Assetto Corsa is "still missing vital features!!!1!11!" Those people obviously have no idea whatsoever about how a business operates. There is a grand total of ONE person doing the coding for Assetto Corsa. Stefano has explained why adding an additional developer would be counter productive at this point in the development cycle.

I could take the time to write an ELI5 answer on how businesses work, to possibly help these people understand how all the moving parts of a company like Kunos (coding, car building, track building, physics testing and programming, licensing, marketing, etc..) have to work together, but it would probably go in one ear and out the other. I really need to start using the /ignore feature more often. :laugh:

So, what you're saying is that Assetto Corsa has gotten worse in every single aspect of the game? Have I read your message correctly? Hmmm... I'll bet you're one of those guys who thinks "harder = better/more realistic", even if you don't think you are. That's just a guess though... :rolleyes:

That's a bet you just lost. I'm definitely not one of the "hardcore" nogrip crowd. :)

I just kept the release candidate because it was simply brilliant, was playing AC long before that too.

They never got to grips with FMOD, it was the community pushing for it, and the results were never as impressive as before. Not just the car sounds but the environment too, RC1 was the best.

Graphics have without question been dumbed down (or if you prefer "improved" to match the new content...), you just need to look at the trees and track surfaces to see it.

Tire model, well I'll let the experts argue on that one, but I know the RC1 feels far more like the rubber I'm used to in the real world than what we have now, even if what we have now has more features.

And there's no arguing SP has been left to fester. A couple of AI updates and that's it.

Sure the content is better, and Porsche is a major score, but my own feeling is that they hit a plateau with RC1 and have struggled to "improve" the game beyond that.

It's almost embarrassing to see how many people criticize Kunos for getting more licenses while Assetto Corsa is "still missing vital features!!!1!11!" Those people obviously have no idea whatsoever about how a business operates. There is a grand total of ONE person doing the coding for Assetto Corsa. Stefano has explained why adding an additional developer would be counter productive at this point in the development cycle.
There's a pretty simple reason for this: Regarding the development cycle, the project is now in the maintenance phase. Obviously they could hire more developers to introduce new features, but this wouldn't result in sales anymore. That's why they got one guy cleaning up some of the mess and rather invest into 3D artists in order to churn out 8+ DLCs.

Sounds have got worse (compare pre and post FMOD sounds - night and day).

AC sounds is just fine, Maybe not for everyone but for me i like it.AC like R3E truly support 5.1/7.1 surround. I own 5.1 here, AC sounds awesome and my pedals rest on my 8" subwoofer giving me that foc buttkicker feel. AC sounds also sound clean and not ear fatigue like other sims.

and if there where no AC then the simracing world would be as poor as before with only mods (GTR2, rfactor and so on) or old engines sim like AMS and expensive iracing.
No Ferrari 458, F40, Abarths:alien:, Lamborghinis and Pizza with a full garage of BMWs and so on and so on

Lets thanks to Kunos for reanimating the simworld. at least also with Porsche

kunost.PNG

Last edited:
I just kept the release candidate because it was simply brilliant, was playing AC long before that too.

They never got to grips with FMOD, it was the community pushing for it, and the results were never as impressive as before. Not just the car sounds but the environment too, RC1 was the best.

Bolded for my own emphasis.

You do realize that RC 1.0 was when they first implemented FMOD? Im not sure anyone out there would ever agree that RC 1.0 was the best version of sound in AC... but if you feel that way, hey, cool. Just a bit odd you would say RC 1.0 is the best version of the game, when there objectively many improvements that have been made since then to improve nearly every aspect of the game.

Personally, sound has never been a strong point of AC, pre-FMOD or currently with FMOD. Some cars sound good, others dont. Meh, no big deal.

Graphics have without question been dumbed down (or if you prefer "improved" to match the new content...), you just need to look at the trees and track surfaces to see it.

Wouldnt say there were dumbed down either. Graphics have been markedly improved too. Sure they went in a different direction with the track surface, which I agree looks terrible and completely unrealistic, but... what are ya gonna do. They made that choice and we have to live with it.

As for tracks, does anyone believe they downgraded them since early access? v1.5 was quite a strong improvement for the older tracks. The sand pits that get lambasted nearly everywhere look better to me while driving. Since in the cockpit, you dont have an aerial view that shows the textures clip together. Tree? Those have never looked good and have had complaints since Early access was around. Another aspect where AC isnt strong.

Sure the content is better, and Porsche is a major score, but my own feeling is that they hit a plateau with RC1 and have struggled to "improve" the game beyond that.

Im sure you know of all the future feature improvements that are still going to come to further increase the simulation aspect of the game, since it will still be developed for the foreseeable future... so, sure, I guess they hit a plateau too :rolleyes:

Cheers

the smells of envy...

and if there where no AC then the simracing world would be as poor as before with only mods (GTR2, rfactor and so on) or old engines sim like AMS and expensive iracing.
No Ferrari 458, F40, Abarths:alien:, Lamborghinis and Pizza with a full garage of BMWs and so on and so on

Lets thanks to Kunos for reanimating the simworld. at least also with Porsche

View attachment 140251

Dude, read poe's law. I was doing a satire of the whiners. Not seriously hating on AC. Did you think people play X Motor Racing? LOL.

"Poe's Law is an attempt at effective liberal internet satire and declares: “Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humour, it is impossible to create a parody of fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing."

And current one goes negative even before reaching the lateral force peak.
you are still waiting for the perfect virtual physics... just so you know such thing will NEVER exist, at least while we are alive...

"ohhh xyz isnt right but i will never post on your forum anymore, bb cya" on rd
"xyz isnt right i dont like, o' rant, but i still play it"
So much numbers that you forgot about feel, thats my opinion. the o'l driver vs engineer talk.
soo much numbers talk that i think you are forgeting to have fun with the sim, be happy and less critical or go enjoy something else if its impossible to enjoy what you have with AC.
ok my rant is over.lol

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back