1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured PC Assetto Corsa Reveal New Porsche DLC

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Assetto Corsa Porsche announcement.jpg
    Kunos said save the date, big news upcoming they say... many F5 key pressing moments on Facebook later and finally the wait is over.... Kunos Simulazioni have today announced that the Porsche brand will be making its debut in the best selling Italian simulation.

Following a 12 year absence from sim racing titles German marque Porsche have signed a deal to bring a selection of licenced cars as part of two upcoming DLC packs for both console and PC versions of Assetto Corsa.

Exciting news for racing fans throughout the world, today's announcement offers plenty of food for thought for sim racing enthusiasts to look forward to in the coming weeks and months. No further details from Kunos regarding the DLC content is available at this stage however stay tuned in to RaceDepartment for more news on the announcement as it becomes available.

Check out the official Assetto Corsa Porsche reveal trailer below:

Check out our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forum and engage with our large AC community, digest and discuss the latest news stories and of course take the tour of our new and improved AC modding forum for downloads and previews of top quality Assetto Corsa community created content.

The big news is out - what do you think the arrival of the Porsche brand in Assetto Corsa? Are you happy the German marque have finally broken out into mainstream racing simulators? What could this mean for the prospects of other racing sims securing the Porsche licence? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    • Love Love x 37
    • Like Like x 12
    • Wow Wow x 4
  2. NeverKrash

NeverKrash
    CTDP, URD, ORC, VS, Professional Sound Designer Premium Member

Super

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Please please please please please lets get some GT3 911's and a nice little LMP1 car (or 2) :D

Actually scratch that, anything from Porsche will do me just fine :)

• Love Love x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Benutzername

Benutzername
    Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

I prefer racing cars over street cars and Porsche has quite some history there. If even a third of the cars showing the video are included....
    :confused:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

Porsche back in simracing and ... in AC ...that's the best news heard of AC !

Of course Porsche deserves the name of "Kraken" ... even an enormous one ! ;)

• Love Love x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Helmut Skrdla

Helmut Skrdla
    Premium Member

This will be big.

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I genuinely believe a statue for Marco should be erected. What tactics is that man using to get these licenses.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Haha Haha x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  8. So they announced two packs full of Porsches! So exciting!! Instabuy for me!
    Please please let the 917/30 and 962C be part of them. Two great wip projects by talented modders from the community that deserve to be part of the game.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

Great news. Hopefully some Group C action incoming.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Breaking news... the DLC will contain the Porsche 924 in 15 different versions. No other models licenced :roflmao:

#disappointed

• Haha Haha x 17
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  11. The more you think about it, the better it becomes. Have we ever seen a sim before with Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini and Porsche all represented? Just.. wow.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  12. If Stefano was half as good as Marco at getting licenses we would already have rain, night, timed races and false starts on AC.

• Haha x 9
    • Angry x 9
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 5
    • Sad x 3
  13. A sim with the holy trinity. This is gonna be so amazing!

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  14. Bob Schumaker

Bob Schumaker
    Premium Member

Great news. I really like A/C so much better than Project Cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer
    Keep Fighting Premium Member

Amazing!!!

• Love Love x 1
  16. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Securing a licence from god to recreate rain and night might prove difficult... ;)

It I were him I'd just do it and see if he gets slapped with a copyright claim :D

• Haha Haha x 11
    • Love Love x 2
  17. You always s**tposting and trying to set a negative tone, even in a thread completely unrelated to Stefano.
    Just dont.

• Agree Agree x 27
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur
    AC Addict

Kunos is raising the bar again, this is very good news for all SIM driver enthusiast.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Vangelis Parginos

Vangelis Parginos
    Live For Today Premium Member

So today is the announcement only? Or the announcement and the release? I read everything but i dont see the release date....
    Anyone has figure it out?

20. Announcement. The video reveals autumn '16 as a release date.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1