Assetto Corsa Reveal New Porsche DLC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche announcement.jpg

Kunos said save the date, big news upcoming they say... many F5 key pressing moments on Facebook later and finally the wait is over.... Kunos Simulazioni have today announced that the Porsche brand will be making its debut in the best selling Italian simulation.

Following a 12 year absence from sim racing titles German marque Porsche have signed a deal to bring a selection of licenced cars as part of two upcoming DLC packs for both console and PC versions of Assetto Corsa.

Exciting news for racing fans throughout the world, today's announcement offers plenty of food for thought for sim racing enthusiasts to look forward to in the coming weeks and months. No further details from Kunos regarding the DLC content is available at this stage however stay tuned in to RaceDepartment for more news on the announcement as it becomes available.

Check out the official Assetto Corsa Porsche reveal trailer below:
Check out our RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forum and engage with our large AC community, digest and discuss the latest news stories and of course take the tour of our new and improved AC modding forum for downloads and previews of top quality Assetto Corsa community created content.

The big news is out - what do you think the arrival of the Porsche brand in Assetto Corsa? Are you happy the German marque have finally broken out into mainstream racing simulators? What could this mean for the prospects of other racing sims securing the Porsche licence? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Did anyone else recognize this sentence in the announcement by Marco Massarutto:

Maybe this means that some other non-multiplatform title could get one, too? Forza still has its licence, pCARS is also multiplattform. Who else? GT Sports? R3E? Other... or do I read to much out of it? I think the EA exclusive licence is now gone and I don't read this news as KUNOS has instead the licence now exclusive...
i read it more as a shot at forza/GT (marketed as sims, are not sims) but you are right, the multiplatform thing kind of makes it meaningless. pCARS is the only other possible title & its wrapped. still the emphasis on "GENUINE racing simulator", i cant help but think thats meant primarily to let console users know they can drive marquee brand cars in something significantly more complex than forza/gt sport.

Exciting to see so many cars coming.

I hope they do the 918 justice if it arrives, with proper hybrid AWD implemented :)

I still think the NFS 5 video was better too haha.
My wife asked if I was watching the new Independence Day trailer, not a video for a car game :)

With 5x DLC we'll be at ~£50 outlay for the full AC experience.

I really do hope that KS will also find the time to expand the core feature set more with the extra money made from DLC.

Last edited:
wonder if the license came about due to AC now having a much larger customer base with consoles involved? Either way, im happy to see Porsche coming to AC. Cant wait!
it seems to me like its something similar to what i gather happened b/w kunos & ferrari, i think i read porsche has licensed kunos privately, & that relationship perhaps fostered this one. maybe even found some kind of loophole since its strongly implied by aris porsche is still under EA contract, but kunos didnt deal with EA.

i read it more as a shot at forza/GT (marketed as sims, are not sims) but you are right, the multiplatform thing kind of makes it meaningless. pCARS is the only other possible title & its wrapped. still the emphasis on "GENUINE racing simulator", i cant help but think thats meant primarily to let console users know they can drive marquee brand cars in something significantly more complex than forza/gt sport.

But even AC is generalised heavily in plenty of areas.
Or not simulating properly vs reality vs GT and Forza.

AC needs to be careful what it sells itself as vs them without failing to realise it's own shortcomings against them too.

With 5x DLC we'll be at ~£50 outlay for the full AC experience.

I really do hope that KS will also find the time to expand the core feature set more with the extra money made from DLC.

The base game and first 3 DLC were 40% in the recent sale, that's when I picked it up, to see how it compared to R3E. I imagine in will be on sale again soon when Steam have their summer sale...

The base game and first 3 DLC were 40% in the recent sale, that's when I picked it up, to see how it compared to R3E. I imagine in will be on sale again soon when Steam have their summer sale...

Sadly though if you bought early access, and DLC when they arrived rather than in sales/packs, you're actually at ~ £50 once these Porsche DLC arrive.

I hope we see more DLC and AC go from strength to strength on it though, and I'm willing to keep paying.

I just hope they do keep on building on the core part of the game as much as they have though, and make the vaue of the DLC already bought be increased through being able to use it in more ways :)

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back