Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

On Steam after downloading, the first time setup screen comes up says performing step blank of step it seems to be taking a long time over 30 minutes so far. The initial download was pretty fast, but now it's stuck on initial setup. Was this the same for others?:(

The difference from street car and race car is HUGE ant thats a small word.
From outbraking yourself and slideing around in street car to verry firm and steady stance of the race car is umbeliveble....
Here are the ingame settings that i think it looks and runs good on my rig.
With this settings i have around 85 to 95 fps which is good.

ScreenShot034_zps350733ed.jpg

ScreenShot033_zps6239df2a.jpg

Ingame shot with fraps.

Screenshot_ferrari_458_imola_8-11-2013-19-27-13_zps4fa57532.jpg

On Steam after downloading, the first time setup screen comes up says performing step blank of step it seems to be taking a long time over 30 minutes so far. The initial download was pretty fast, but now it's stuck on initial setup. Was this the same for others?:(

Mine also hung on this screen, (guessed it might be my triple screen)
So i went back to a single screen setup on my pc and ran the game again, ( it worked ok then )
next time i could use my triple and then change the resolution

I haven't had much (ok, none) experience with Steam's early access, so if I understand it correctly - right now we pay 34,99€ (22% off the final retail price) for a beta (with regular updates) and when v1.0 goes live, we'll get it as an update as well, without additional costs... right? :cautious:
It's not a "pay 35€ now and in a few months you'll be able to buy the full game 22% cheaper" deal... right? :unsure:

1) yes, there is hood view
Great!
2) no AI, just hotlaps
:( and that about this "12 Special Events" mentioned on the buy site in Steampowered.com?
Are thos competing against AI?
3) 5 tracks, Imola, Magione, Monza 1966, Silverstone, Vallelunga
and how come racedepartment topic lists all thos tracks
quoteing: TRACKS
AUTODROMO DI MAGIONE
AUTODROMO DI VALLELUNGA
AUTODROMO DI VALLELUNGA – Club
AUTODROMO DI IMOLA
GERMANY CIRCUIT
AUTODROMO DEL MUGELLO
AUTODROMO DI MONZA
AUTODROMO DI MONZA CLASSIC 60′S EDITION
SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT – INTERNATIONAL
SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT – NATIONAL
SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT – GP
SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS
SPECIAL ROUTES
TRENTO-BONDONE HILLCLIMB COURSE
SPECIAL STAGES
DRAG STRIP
DRIFT TEST TRACK
SHOWROOMS
CITY BY NIGHT
DARK ENVIRONMENT
GARAGE
INDUSTRIAL
MIDTOWN
NATURE
THE HANGAR

??

The game runs like a charm...
Graphics are nice!
Am I the only one that is really dissapointed about the physics... :-(
For me it is impossible to "feel" the car... to often I have the felling that the car moves on a rail...
Magione and Imola are nice circuits, buy what is the use of Monza 1966...
I'm sorry to be so negative, but I hope this game will get better...

Only if I wait for a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long time, I can play the sim. But it is really undriveable. The screen stutters all the time and my HDD light is indicating that the HDD is heavily used. I have a computer that should be ready according to the system requirements and with the Tech Preview I didn't have this problem. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Indeed the SIM feels different than what we are used to...but that does not make it rong.
Because we never drived at least one car from the game IRL its impossible to say what and how...maybe someone who did this IRL can share the feelings and just hope people will understand it.

@Radek Zukowski

How do you rate the game after first impressions?

After AC TP I knew it's gonna be good. And it is. The FFB (on CSW) is spot on, the car feeling, weight transfer and so on is great. The car handling is very good (except maybe for M3 GT2 which I think has too much grip - like all the grip in the world, maybe I'm wrong about it)
Performance wise it's about the same as TP.
There is input lag though, I thought they gonna get rid of it:(

After AC TP I knew it's gonna be good. And it is. The FFB (on CSW) is spot on, the car feeling, weight transfer and so on is great. The car handling is very good (except maybe for M3 GT2 which I think has too much grip - like all the grip in the world, maybe I'm wrong about it)
Performance wise it's about the same as TP.
There is input lag though, I thought they gonna get rid of it:(

On G25 i have no imput lag its smooth like a child`s butt

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back