Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Guys,did you even bothered to look for option in the menu? or you guys say this out of frustration.?

There is no option that I can see? There isn't a huge amount of options anyway.

Or do what real racers do and don't cut the track :) Racing is done on the tarmac, not on the grass.

Well, I do aim to 100% of the time, but you need to find the limits by going over them, and a slight mistake of putting the power down to early and losing the rear and running wide shouldn't be penalised artificially.

I see some people are saying the graphics are pretty good. I'm getting this with the trees and grass objects/textures:

2013-11-08_00002.jpg

BEFORE I buy/download this I got a few questions, since I don't know nothing about this game.

1) is there a driveable HOOD perspective (my favorite driving perspective) in this game?

2.) Is racing against AI already possible or is it just like Simbin's RaceRoom where one can only drve test drives?

3.) are all those tracks listet here right now available, since in steam there are only 4 tracks listed?

4.) is the Thrustmaster F430 Ferrari wheel supported and if so, can player adjust the buttons/axis freely?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

First impressions, not in any particular order:

1) Graphics are nice although a bit heavy depending on the car, more tweaking required though.
2) Sounds are good but not great, wind noise is nice.
3) UI is slick and very good.
4) Physics seem good but I've never driven any of these cars in real life so would'nt actually have a clue.
5) Tracks/Cars are highly detailed.

for a v0.1 Beta it's certainly good enough for a few hotlaps and "getting to know" the game, but it's crying out for FOV/Seat movement in the first update (unless this can be tweaked in an ini now, not checked).

TRY + -

for FOV
First impressions, not in any particular order:

1) Graphics are nice although a bit heavy depending on the car, more tweaking required though.
2) Sounds are good but not great, wind noise is nice.
3) UI is slick and very good.
4) Physics seem good but I've never driven any of these cars in real life so would'nt actually have a clue.
5) Tracks/Cars are highly detailed.

for a v0.1 Beta it's certainly good enough for a few hotlaps and "getting to know" the game, but it's crying out for FOV/Seat movement in the first update (unless this can be tweaked in an ini now, not checked).

BEFORE I buy/download this I got a few questions, since I don't know nothing about this game.

1) is there a driveable HOOD perspective (my favorite driving perspective) in this game?

2.) Is racing against AI already possible or is it just like Simbin's RaceRoom where one can only drve test drives?

3.) are all those tracks listet here right now available, since in steam there are only 4 tracks listed?

4.) is the Thrustmaster F430 Ferrari wheel supported and if so, can player adjust the buttons/axis freely?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

1) yes, there is hood view
2) no AI, just hotlaps
3) 5 tracks, Imola, Magione, Monza 1966, Silverstone, Vallelunga

Very quick first impressions:

* Seems to be more detail and feel through the wheel than in the tech demo.
* Graphics seem to have improved from the tech demo as well--lighting and textures-- with no noticeable hit to my frame-rate.
* Very quick runs with a variety of cars show the differences between them in handling, grip, feel-- it will be great to dive in more fully when I have time.

As expected, very nice work Kunos! Looking forward to the progression of content and features plus a long life of DLC next year :)

First impressions - not sure if it was worth the wait. It is a nice, I'd say "appropriate" driving sim (too early to call it a racing sim, since there is no one to race against), but nothing to write home about.

Points for being honest. If this was the progress from the tech preview then that is unfortunate. I hope Kunos hasn't jumped the shark.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back