Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

I will paste my comment from virtualr:

Just spent 2 hours on testing all the cars. I'm nothing short of impressed! Apsolutely brilliant physics, sense of grip, weight transfer, etc. AC is better than the rest by a mile. Seriously. I'm an avid simracer for years, and I've tried every sim out there, including rF2, and AC is apsolute king in all aspects. I really hated openwheelers in every sim so far, but driving Formula Abarth in AC feels so pure and natural, it is a sheer pleasure to drive it. Apsolutely amazing.

Congrats Kunos, I regained my belief in simracing. Thank you!

-------------

But seriously, I've never imagined that after so many years in so many driving sims I will be blown away by ANY sim. AC proved that wrong, and I'm glad it did.

BTW, guys, what is wrong with Lotus Type 49 physics?! It is completely broken and wrong. Feels nothing close to GP Legends or any other similiar mod for gmotor2 sims. It feel completely different and wrong, ton of understeer, and strange snap oversteers everywhere. So far I will avoid this car, it's awful.
But other cars are amazing, I'm speechless.

I will paste my comment from virtualr:

Just spent 2 hours on testing all the cars. I'm nothing short of impressed! Apsolutely brilliant physics, sense of grip, weight transfer, etc. AC is better than the rest by a mile. Seriously. I'm an avid simracer for years, and I've tried every sim out there, including rF2, and AC is apsolute king in all aspects. I really hated openwheelers in every sim so far, but driving Formula Abarth in AC feels so pure and natural, it is a sheer pleasure to drive it. Apsolutely amazing.

Congrats Kunos, I regained my belief in simracing. Thank you!

-------------

But seriously, I've never imagined that after so many years in so many driving sims I will be blown away by ANY sim. AC proved that wrong, and I'm glad it did.

BTW, guys, what is wrong with Lotus Type 49 physics?! It is completely broken and wrong. Feels nothing close to GP Legends or any other similiar mod for gmotor2 sims. It feel completely different and wrong, ton of understeer, and strange snap oversteers everywhere. So far I will avoid this car, it's awful.
Haven't tried the Lotus yet but man are the other cars are nothing short of AWESOME. Love this sim. Graphics are top notch. Bout time we get a DX11 sim. :) I am axiously waiting for multiplayer now. This sim is gonna be great fun and certainly one of my fav racing sims. I have a few on here also and none compare to AC Tx Kunos. Thanks very much. Great work.

Lotus 49 is very bland, tons of understeer and I haven't felt much oversteer at all. I dont have iracing so the closest car I've driven in another sim is the Gurney Eagle in rFactor which is much more fun and intense.

Hahaha...you cant compare AC with anyother game right now.
You feel it that way maybe because this is the right way a car like that should handle...think a bout it...You say every other car you tried are great....why whould Lotus be bad regarding physics....its the same engine for all cars in the SIM. :)

In real life I can control powerslide easily and my wheel don't try to brake my arms whyle countersteering (front wheels on RWD cars just do it by themsefls till some point X where you should catch the wheel and prevent car going from countersteer to spin).
And on curbs in real life you should feel some vibrations on wheel (depends on curbs of course)...
Are you shure your wheel is setup correctly, sounds a bit like reversed effects to me.

I have tested during hours and I can say that street cars are great, but high spec cars... I can't understand them.

Where in the world can you push full throttle with a Formula Abarth in second gear in tight turns? Formula Abarth is a low downforce car, light, nervous and stiff. In AC feels like a train, understeer, and infinite grip in rear wheels, every video you search of that car is from guys litelally FIGHTING with his wheels, but in AC feels like super glue, and It's really hard to slide with rear wheels if you do not unbalance the car purposely. BMW gt2 works in the same way... there is something wrong with grip in "competition" cars, I can't do donuts with these cars because they recover grip in a really strange way, even with totally cold tyres (just exiting pits). They start sliding, and then after a semicircle the recover the 100% of grip and wheels stop spinning and sliding suddenly.

And about Lotus 49... I can also say that is something really wrong with this car, that understeer can not be right, and It's not only understeer in fast turns, It's in 2nd gear too, when you push throttle you go straight, and does not matter how much are you turning your wheel, you will go straight, It's like a wooden plank. And in real life these cars had stone tires, and tons of engine power with no downforce, I'm not an expert, but this three things can not end in epic understeer and no oversteer when pushing hard during turn and no reactions when you aggresively turn your wheel during mid turn phase. I can only lose the control of this car at mid and high speeds unbalancing It purposely and doing It hard.

And now thing I like:

What I like of AC for now, is street cars, and circuit details, are great. You can have a really fun time with Ferrari, all street BMWs, and Lotus, ah... and KTM!. I can't say lots of things about them beacuse I don't usually race with that street cars, but I specially like KTM and Ferrari, just drove them during all day in all tracks, really great.

The UI is great, It's clean and I thing is clear and useful, about config lacks like FOV and that stuff... It's something I know they will add so no complains.

ABS for cars that in real life have It are really great too, and I have nothing to say aboout arcadish additions, I think it's great to have activable driving line and that stuff, more people to race with. I like rF2 "hard simulation" but guys... optional aids are welcomed for people who want It.

And graphical performance It's great too, easy to have high fps, need some improves in the edge of 60fps, because for me It's impossible to race under 80 fps due to stuttering and input lag. But about this, I think they will solve It. I have a GTX650 and I play at 720 with no AA, anisotropic x8 and low shoadows, no reflections. And I get 120fps.

I will wait for online, AI racing, posible career mode, is what I would like to see, It's where I have my hopes in this sim. Because for league racing and endurance I think will be hard for them to achieve the features rF2 have, I thing will be a must have both sims, one for his stuff, and the other for his stuff...

Last edited:
By enabling the apps you can bring up photomode and change the lighting effects, so in HDR you can get rid of the glow, and loose some of the yellow.. if you think it to much :) and just carry on driving it hold the last settings

..BMW gt2 works in the same way... there is something wrong with grip in "competition" cars, I can't do donuts with these cars because they recover grip in a really strange way, even with totally cold tyres (just exiting pits). They start sliding, and then after a semicircle the recover the 100% of grip and wheels stop spinning and sliding suddenly.

Thats impossible....You run the game on Pro mode?Its just strange...i dont have that much grip and if i push to much i lose the rear verry quick in a corner:O_o:

In the past I received a coupon that offers a discount of 20% on the price of the game, is that coupon still valid, and I can also use it to pre-order?

The coupon is still valid, but it can not be used to get an additional discount on pre-order. As specified in the coupon, the offer can not be combined with any other promotions in use.

from assettcorsa.net

Thats impossible....You run the game on Pro mode?Its just strange...i dont have that much grip and if i push to much i lose the rear verry quick in a corner:O_o:

For sure, I will do a video about It. And how crazy hard can you push in slow turns with short gear ratios.

And about Lotus 49... I have to say I was mistaken about physics, was only default Monza setup, It's just crap. Imola default setup works in the same way as many other sims, I still like more the rF2 Historic F1s, but now I like this too. It's a little strange for me because lose grip so fast, not gradually, the car lose and gain grip in strange way, maybe I'm not used... but overall feeling with other setups is OK now, you can slide and powerslide if you want (with care due snap gain a lose of grip), and It's no understeery like in Monza.

Its almost perfect ... the driving feeling its amazing in every cars ... im in love with the M3 E30 ... it feels so real :)... graphics and sound are pretty good also ... only miss the start engine button and optimization on the 5 seconds penalty ... cutting of the throtle its pretty bad ... a black flag warning like in iRacing its much better solution IMO. I had no problems installing/config/running the sim ... everything running smooth and cool

Thank you so much Kunos ... it worth the waitting:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back