Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Released on Steam Early Access!

After months of waiting the moment has finally arrived. Assetto Corsa is released by Kunos Simulazioni on Steam Early Access.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.

Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

AC is proving quite the mixed bag.
I love the car's graphics (interior and exterior). The replay system is great. I like the new menus.
I do not like the out of focus trees, grass and buildings surrounding the circuits..
While I liked the feel of the Ferrari at Vallelunga, I absolutely hated the BMW at Imola.
The car has the same "silly" roll issue as the Lotus in the TP. It's almost as if the entire world is rolling around the car.

AC is proving quite the mixed bag.
I love the car's graphics (interior and exterior). The replay system is great. I like the new menus.
I do not like the out of focus trees, grass and buildings surrounding the circuits..
While I liked the feel of the Ferrari at Vallelunga, I absolutely hated the BMW at Imola.
The car has the same "silly" roll issue as the Lotus in the TP. It's almost as if the entire world is rolling around the car.

I'm not sure if you did that already, but you should try turning off "lock view to horizon" in the graphic options, I had that "disconnected" feeling with it on too and didn't like some of the onboards I saw on youtube because of that. (At least I think that was the case)

Why are people doing something wrong with their driving if they find the default setup giving too much understeer, when you said it yourself that it is understeery?
It's not about setup but its driving, or bad habits. Do you really think it the setup can be defined only in black and white? or understeery and oversteery?

if so, who can be slow with the same set. Even though I see mechanical properties are of course not relative in our world but it has a huge complexity to be confined to the black and white in real life, if it's a case to be so, being so might not be wrong. Of course I'm not saying about how much it should be.

No ofc setups can be both understeery, oversteery and everything in between, I'm just not understanding the reasoning behind Williams comment where he's hitting out at people saying the car understeers, saying there's something wrong with their driving, and in the same sentence admits that the default setup is understeery.

No ofc setups can be both understeery, oversteery and everything in between, I'm just not understanding the reasoning behind Williams comment where he's hitting out at people saying the car understeers, saying there's something wrong with their driving, and in the same sentence admits that the default setup is understeery.
It is understeery, but not fatally so like seems to be expressed here. I said it is biased toward it, but you can easily weed it out by driving correctly.

ok i played this game about 5 to 6 hours. here is what i think and what i wish.

things i wish they do:
1.the game is DX11 but it looks DX9, i wish they add new lighting or lighting engine.
2.tessellation. tyres and rings begs for some tessellations.
3.more realistic clouds and sky, with dynamic lighting or better "real time global illumination"

things they must do:
1.tweak the X360 controller and it's settings and key maps. it's awful to tweak x360 controller for this game. break and reverse must be one key, look left or right must map on Right Trigger not D-Pad. the game doesn't even detect right trigger. streeng is a pain with controller, it's radical left or right and it's so quick even in lowest or highest speed in options.
2.car's headlights must be disabled. whats the point for having them ? it's not actuall lighting, it's more like a white textures in front of a car, or it needs to be dynamic light.
3.trees, god they are awful, 2D trees and yet we call this game a next-gen ? at best it's pair with GT5 not even close to Forza 4, they are both 7th-gen game with DX9 and 8years old hardware and looks better that Assetto Corsa, how you call it a next-gen racing game ?
4.AA doesn't fix jaggies, it need more work.
5.performance tweaks. it doesn't looks demanding but it is, this game with this current/last gen graphics should plays 100fps on 8800GTX not on 680GTX.

things i loved:
1.car models are amazing.
2.gameplay i liked.
3.showroom was great and i wish there will be more option in the future for it, like seeing cars engines that close.

i know people behind Assetto Corsa doesn't have unlimited money like for example Turn10Studios and 400 staffs, they are indies and for a indie game the current state of the game is amazing, i'm proud of them and very happy to experiance such an amazing game on my pc. and i know this is a alpha version of the game and i hope they bring it to the next level on beta or final. (sorry for my bad english, i tried hard)

@André G. Maul on disabling HDR

blur and HRD must be disabled as Andre said, they help so much and brings some sharpness into game.

BTW, asphalt textures are great if you disable motion blur. the game needs a nice DOF option.

i guess when it realsed in full must of the problems will be fixed. if not there are modders can do it better than any dev out there and good news is this game supports mods officialy

I think the default set-ups are quite understeery in many regards but it is fair to blame peoples driving in many occasions , if you overdrive allot of cars even if they are set up very neutral they will turn into understeery cars especially road cars.

In the end even if you have quite an over steery set-up but you go into a corner to hot you will still under steer off , so it is in that regard that you can blame peoples driving.

A good example is actually found in a video niels just made ,
Its just the case that regardless of set-up a good driver will always have to work with the car in the way that best moves that car around.

I dont think I have ever driven a more natural feeling sim car than the e92 m3. Every thing it does would be what I expect a real one to do :thumbsup:

Sim racing usually doesnt deliver when the hype is so huge but if you get past the rough around the edges of this initial release and focus on the driving (which is all I care about) there is no better sim out right now.. As I expected

please help me on 2 things?
I have motion blur set high and hdr on...i want the best graphics available on my cpu
is this correct or should i turn hdr off and motion blur off? I don't really know what they do? I thought HDr was like HD?

Also, on the braking setting graph, the graph is default 2.40 (think its called the brake delta or something). the wheels lock up when i slowly compress pedal to about 80 per cent. i use a g27 wheel.

can anyone recommend a good in game brake setting?

THanks!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing