Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview Images Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview.png.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massarutto has been at it again, this time showing off a sneaky teaser of the 911 Carrera S from the upcoming Porsche DLC packs for Assetto Corsa.

With any fans left chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Porsche in Assetto Corsa, Massarutto and Co. haven't been shy posting the odd picture from the development build, often just giving a glimpse to fans of what can be expected in the near future. With a first of three Porsche DLC packs due to hit the sim this Autumn, fans can look forward to getting their hands on a first bunch of the total 24 cars from the German marque due to be recreated for the sim. Three of the 24 cars will be released without cost to owners of the title, as seen with the Maserati Levante and Audi A1 bonus content released recently. The full list of cars due to come into the game have yet to be completely finalised, however to help alleviate some of the costs of purchasing these three Porsche DLC's, Kunos are looking, subject to Steam issues, to introduce a "season pass" offer that will offer a reduced rate when purchasing all three Porsche DLC's. Details of availability and costs are not known at the current time.

Kunos have been rather good (cruel) at teasing Assetto Corsa fans with some cheeky images from the WIP Porsche cars due to be brought into the sim. Just in case you missed the earlier ones, here's a little recap below:

AC Porsche 4.jpg AC Porsche 5.jpg AC Porsche 6.jpg AC Porsche 7.jpg AC Porsche 2.jpg AC Porsche 3.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a considerable number of mods for download, a dedicated Modding Discussion Forum and hold regular club and league racing events. Check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming Porsche DLC packages? Which car(s) would you like to see added the most? How do you think AC compares to its rivals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time I saw a server running Silverstone or Magione for a race. Its all, Spa, Monza and Nords. Even Brands Hatch I rarely see.
agree but again...off topic. Let's talk Porsche....
this won't probably make it into AC, but maybe we can paint it like that ;)
adv1-mansory-panamera-turbo-16-PS.jpg

I love this showroom screen...seeing this does want to make me buy the whole pack
maxresdefault.jpg

Releasing road cars too appeals to wider audience.

Cars that most people dream of owning, or had posters of on their walls as teenagers, are road cars. Not race cars. Lot of people imagine what it would be like to drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini (or Porsche) road car, and if they don't have a chance IRL, this can be bigger selling point than you think.

I for one would have been far less interested in AC without road cars. Many GT3 handles quite boringly, on rails. With AC I've slowly learned to like them, but what made me purchase AC was road cars. Kind of irrelevant, but race cars always been ugly to me, littered with tasteless sponsorship stickers. Car designs are works of art, you don't litter sculptures with stickers. Or put band pins and ad buttons on a Brioni suit.

And sure you can race road cars. You can race anything. Greyhounds, horses, rowing boats. People had races in Olympics, even before combustion engine was invented. Even if it's not commonly done in some real league, it doesn't mean it's less skilled and cannot be done in competitive way, in a game.

648ec0052ce943b5b8773023de6d3ab0.png

And dead content how, offline? Online maybe, but lots of full-bred race cars are dead content in AC multiplayer, like Sauber C9. Most servers run Nords Tourist or Spa and GT3. Lot of tracks and cars are close to dead content (and others get over-exposure for seemingly no reason), who is to Blame here? Kunos or players?
Players are not responsible for the content Kunos adds which the players don't want. Just because a handful want, doesn't mean the others do and I know this seems like only I want this done differently, but I'm not, the rest just don't visit forums. And since Kunos takes feedback from the "fans" only, probably nothing will change and the popularity will only decline, as usual.

Players are not responsible for the content Kunos adds which the players don't want. Just because a handful want, doesn't mean the others do and I know this seems like only I want this done differently, but I'm not, the rest just don't visit forums. And since Kunos takes feedback from the "fans" only, probably nothing will change and the popularity will only decline, as usual.
Are you sure that what you like most(race cars) is what the majority of virtual drivers want?

Where you can "pimp" your ride, but in AC you just drive the same old stock boat.
Cause GT and FM/FH have a differente more simcade approach to the game...
In Pcars you cannot "pimp" Your ride but it's a simcade Too...
There is a different approach about the "pimping" of the car in each game...
But a lot people like to drive/race road cars Too pimped or not...
I like betterrace cars when i do a race (cause i think that road cars in a race are silly) and road cars when i do hotlapping...

It's useless to argue about "what players want", without a large poll. I've seen several people say they prefer road cars, but my observation has also zero value. Only poll would. But I believe many of the cars in AC were actually chosen by user polls, people could vote cars and they were added? Hence the name Dreampacks.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/we-need-your-opinion-license/
http://www.assettocorsa.net/we-need-your-opinion-2-choose-the-cars/

Several road cars in there.

Also, why so obsessed about race cars. Modern race cars are on-rails, boring to drive and require less driving skill overall. Driving race cars in a game doesn't make you a millionaire with supermodel girlfriend. So why this big obsession, it's just digital entertainment that will get you nowhere in life, so why not relax a bit and enjoy it.

Loading up 23 AIs with street cars vs. 23 AIs with race cars and racing them has literally zero difference, except the street cars are more of a challenge and less glued to the road, with less setup options.

Many modern road legal sports cars are much faster than some vintage purpose-built race cars. But because they aren't raced in real life, they can't be raced in a game?

Last edited:
funny how someone gets so triggered as a company owner and rages at their customers :D

jejeje yeah, but well if i dedicated my life to this i would be way more pissed off then him, id probably quit looking at forums and listening to the community looong time ago :)

to me honestly this ' everyone is entitled to their opinion bcs i bought it, so I complain and complain and complain' is stupid and tiring . this part of the community being so opinion negative like yourself dude is just a consequence of them being so open to us. They listen, so you complain ur heart out.... good thing is that while you guys complain they just work.

i love constructive criticism and most probably they do too, but I hate the senseless complaining and nagging I read day after day after day after day... I have even stopped visiting the forums so frequently because of this.
a little drama is funny comedy... complaining, nagging about free content over and over is just a waste of your time and mine because I have to read through this spam every time i just want to discuss and get an update about whats to come in AC.

<Mod-edit: Removed the entire foul language>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind free content. But the time spent building, texturing, making sounds for a SUV could have been spent better. Like a proper race car for example. (And I would probably be happy to pay for that.)
It might be Porsche's decicion though.

EDIT /Disclaimer:

I never stated that free content is stupid, just that I would have preferred MORE RACE CARS INSTEAD. I don't know why people get so butthurt over that.

Sorry for liking racecars.

Last edited:
I don't mind free content. But the time spent building, texturing, making sounds for a SUV could have been spent better. Like a proper race car for example. (And I would probably be happy to pay for that.)

There are race cars in the porsche dlcs and proper ones, why would you think otherwise? The cayenne, macan, and panamera were first developed for Porsche to use in their simulation centers for the public visiting their stores/museum. Only after they were used as free content in our game and probably will be released in separate along the porsche packs and the next game update.

Not "might be". It was. They were made for Porsche's simulations, because they wanted that. Options

1) Never release them in AC
2) Release them as paid DLC
3) Release them for free

It's odd that option 3) is considered worst by some people. There is slow cars in the game already, who cares. And Panamera Turbo is faster than what most here ever have owned IRL, capable of 300+ km/h top speed.

Last edited:

I'm getting tired of this. Will people just read?
Porsche are using AC for their client simulators. It's been said plenty of times. The SUVs that are FREE were already commissioned by Porsche. They were already designed and built as part of the deal with Porsche. As has been said countless times. They are FREE so stop whinging about it and pay for the stuff you do want which is coming soon and yes it will include race cars. Done.

Back OT... @Sunny Sky Speed that Panamera picture you posted is probably the first one I actually like the look of. Which version is that?
I'm really looking forward to the 911 GT3 RS if it's planned of course.
If not any 911 and hopefully the LeMans cars from yesteryear. I'm not good with Porsche numbering as you can probably tell...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back