Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview Images Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview.png.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massarutto has been at it again, this time showing off a sneaky teaser of the 911 Carrera S from the upcoming Porsche DLC packs for Assetto Corsa.

With any fans left chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Porsche in Assetto Corsa, Massarutto and Co. haven't been shy posting the odd picture from the development build, often just giving a glimpse to fans of what can be expected in the near future. With a first of three Porsche DLC packs due to hit the sim this Autumn, fans can look forward to getting their hands on a first bunch of the total 24 cars from the German marque due to be recreated for the sim. Three of the 24 cars will be released without cost to owners of the title, as seen with the Maserati Levante and Audi A1 bonus content released recently. The full list of cars due to come into the game have yet to be completely finalised, however to help alleviate some of the costs of purchasing these three Porsche DLC's, Kunos are looking, subject to Steam issues, to introduce a "season pass" offer that will offer a reduced rate when purchasing all three Porsche DLC's. Details of availability and costs are not known at the current time.

Kunos have been rather good (cruel) at teasing Assetto Corsa fans with some cheeky images from the WIP Porsche cars due to be brought into the sim. Just in case you missed the earlier ones, here's a little recap below:

AC Porsche 4.jpg AC Porsche 5.jpg AC Porsche 6.jpg AC Porsche 7.jpg AC Porsche 2.jpg AC Porsche 3.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a considerable number of mods for download, a dedicated Modding Discussion Forum and hold regular club and league racing events. Check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming Porsche DLC packages? Which car(s) would you like to see added the most? How do you think AC compares to its rivals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Some people are weird, well... Blimey, to be more precise. You sound like you are a bit bored of simracing in general, and you wish that something will happen, that will hype you up. But what you really need to do is to pause things a bit. Stop simracing for few months, you'll be hyped again.
what will hype me up is if they can get their s**t together and finish a game, not call it "completed" while its still in early-access.

Blimey. I got nothing against you. Not in the slightest. I find some of your posts on the pulse and even downright funny at times.
But this love to hate issue you have with AC is extremely interesting to me.
You say they need to get their sh** together but you don't say what's wrong.
Who ever said a sim title was ever finished? They're in constant developement. Taking queues from users and even finding things that need tweaking with their own judgement.
I can't even begin to imagine where I would start in creating the ultimate simulation. I have ideas about what would make some of them better but wouldn't know how to do it myself. All I can do as a humble user is enjoy what is there and again enjoy what is put in front of me with the updates.
I can voice opinions and ideas. If enough people voice the same then there is a chance if they have time and resources to maybe put these things into the title at a later date. Sometimes they can't due to restraints that we cannot even fathom.
I don't want to get into any kind of debate about it as i know too little about the work that goes on. But with you constantly ranting about it maybe you could assist with the coding required?
Or maybe make a sim yourself?

Well if anyone doesn't like road cars and thinks there's too many of them in the pack and it's not worth the asking price they can you know... not buy it.
AC had loads of road cars since day one, you had to know what you were getting yourself into.

Personally Porsche has 2 road cars that are very interesting, the 918 and the GT3 RS, the others are OKish (the free list is straight up bad).

The 919 and the cup car are what interest me the most in the modern race car front.

I'd say if you're not into road cars then maybe you shouldn't stick with AC :D

AC is a great sim and it will get better and better but it's not tailored towards the hardcore simracers. It will get there too, i have no doubts about that, but at least to me it's a "let's rent a sportscar and take it on a track day" simulator :)

Announced racing cars
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport
997 Carrera Cup
919 LMP1-H 2015 / 919 LMP1-H 2016
935-78 Group 5
917/30 Spyder

991 GT3 R and 991 RSR will probably come at some point too....(GT3 field is biggest expanding section of AC with M6 GT3 coming early next year)....

road cars announced
911 Carrera RSR 3.0
971 Panamera
918 Spyder
991 Carrera S 2016

So 8 more Porsche's to be reveled at some point.

You would assume some of that will be racing cars.
REALLY HOPE THE GT3 COMES and the cup/gt4 are nice too

I'd say if you're not into road cars then maybe you shouldn't stick with AC :D

AC is a great sim and it will get better and better but it's not tailored towards the hardcore simracers. It will get there too, i have no doubts about that, but at least to me it's a "let's rent a sportscar and take it on a track day" simulator :)
But the race cars in the game don't count? As well as the future ones that will come. Is it the best AI? No, but until they improve it I can still race well enough. Is online the most sophisticated and with most racing options? No, but I can race against people, specially after the good optimizations on netcode and collisions. I can race in pubs, leagues, SRS. If you don't like to race, then you can drift off or online, have track days online with other people. But racing? You definitely can do it, and you have many race cars available in the game, or even from mods, both in terms of racing cars or tracks.

I just bought myself a second hand Logitech GT Driving Force wheel. I actually lap slower times now than with my xbox 360 pad but for sure that is due to lack of habit and training, but the fun increased with factor 10.
So I will be happy to race, or should I say just drive, all sorts of cars throughout the game. Therefore I welcome any type of car entering this beautiful world Kunos has created for me, together with the passionate community. I ranted too in the past about endless DLC, but there are enough cars now, more than enough, to drive or race with and which can be driven proper and fast and enjoyable.
The Porsche licence is unique in the sim race world, let's embrace it. But before I do buy that pack, I will practice in other great trackday cars like...
Lotus Exige V6 Cup
Alfa Romeo 4C
Audi S1 .....
What I am trying to say is, after driving for years and years with a game pad, now feeling the enjoyment of a wheel (even if it's cheap ) just to be able to drive some of the finest road and trackday and race cars in an almost perfect simulated environment....I haven't enjoyed myself racing like that since the birth of Gran Turismo.
For sure, AC is not complete, I too wonder why it still lacks real competitions and careers, why tuning up your car is not possible and why I just can't fit some race tyres on the KTM Xbow....
but sitting back behind my wheel in my desk chair from the early 1900's comfortably cruising a sports car using a double screen setup in 5.1 surround sound setting, feeling the vibes through my bones and vains, why should I be complaining about sth wonderful like that?
Let's end trash talking and start discussing maybe which Porsche you are looking forward to and why. I understand if you don't want to buy the pack (yet) but let's from now on, discuss what Porsche means to you and please, elaborate, I am curious.
I am looking forward to the :
-Cayman GT4, the perfect balance between track and road.
-standard 911 and see what all the fuzz is about
-917 legendary LM racer
-718 RS and see if it can cope with the 550 mod or vice versa.
-Boxster to see it race the Lotus Exige S and the M4 or sth.
-918 vs P1 vs LaFerrari, of course.
Tell me, what is your dream Porsche?

off topic (...or is it?):
i had to un-ignore blimey just to see wth was this thread on about o.O
@Michael Hornbuckle stand easy... you have been replaced good sir, i ty for your service.

ffs... fact: ive even seen blimey get a free sympathy dlc bought by another member because he couldnt (or didnt want to.. who knows) pay kunos crazy ludacris dlc prices... id be damned if i argue over porsche dlc/road car rant with him without his proof of purchase.... Funny fun time intended :D

On topic:
ohhh marco that classic poor-shey has me drooling... AC physics on old cars are crazy fun! ford rs on v10 will be a double dipper sickness dorito chip.
thanks for the on topic screenshot Mike

Releasing road cars too appeals to wider audience.

Cars that most people dream of owning, or had posters of on their walls as teenagers, are road cars. Not race cars. Lot of people imagine what it would be like to drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini (or Porsche) road car, and if they don't have a chance IRL, this can be bigger selling point than you think.

I for one would have been far less interested in AC without road cars. Many GT3 handles quite boringly, on rails. With AC I've slowly learned to like them, but what made me purchase AC was road cars. Kind of irrelevant, but race cars always been ugly to me, littered with tasteless sponsorship stickers. Car designs are works of art, you don't litter sculptures with stickers. Or put band pins and ad buttons on a Brioni suit.

And sure you can race road cars. You can race anything. Greyhounds, horses, rowing boats. People had races in Olympics, even before combustion engine was invented. Even if it's not commonly done in some real league, it doesn't mean it's less skilled and cannot be done in competitive way, in a game.

648ec0052ce943b5b8773023de6d3ab0.png

And dead content how, offline? Online maybe, but lots of full-bred race cars are dead content in AC multiplayer, like Sauber C9. Most servers run Nords Tourist or Spa and GT3. Lot of tracks and cars are close to dead content (and others get over-exposure for seemingly no reason), who is to Blame here? Kunos or players?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back