Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview Images Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche Preview.png.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massarutto has been at it again, this time showing off a sneaky teaser of the 911 Carrera S from the upcoming Porsche DLC packs for Assetto Corsa.

With any fans left chomping at the bit to get their hands on a Porsche in Assetto Corsa, Massarutto and Co. haven't been shy posting the odd picture from the development build, often just giving a glimpse to fans of what can be expected in the near future. With a first of three Porsche DLC packs due to hit the sim this Autumn, fans can look forward to getting their hands on a first bunch of the total 24 cars from the German marque due to be recreated for the sim. Three of the 24 cars will be released without cost to owners of the title, as seen with the Maserati Levante and Audi A1 bonus content released recently. The full list of cars due to come into the game have yet to be completely finalised, however to help alleviate some of the costs of purchasing these three Porsche DLC's, Kunos are looking, subject to Steam issues, to introduce a "season pass" offer that will offer a reduced rate when purchasing all three Porsche DLC's. Details of availability and costs are not known at the current time.

Kunos have been rather good (cruel) at teasing Assetto Corsa fans with some cheeky images from the WIP Porsche cars due to be brought into the sim. Just in case you missed the earlier ones, here's a little recap below:

AC Porsche 4.jpg AC Porsche 5.jpg AC Porsche 6.jpg AC Porsche 7.jpg AC Porsche 2.jpg AC Porsche 3.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment. We have a considerable number of mods for download, a dedicated Modding Discussion Forum and hold regular club and league racing events. Check it out today!

Are you looking forward to the upcoming Porsche DLC packages? Which car(s) would you like to see added the most? How do you think AC compares to its rivals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
My opinon. So what if it's not yours? What's the big deal?
There's nothing about opinion here. Is what happened, besides the license between Kunos and Porsche, they made these 3 cars because Porsche wants to use these and other from the rest 21 cars in their public sim centers, and as such instead of putting these 3 cars in the dlc, they gave them for free, and for the dlc they picked other cars (21 cars spread over three packs).

"I don't mind free content. But the time spent building, texturing, making sounds for a SUV could have been spent better. Like a proper race car for example. (And I would probably be happy to pay for that.)"

As you see, there is nothing about opinion there, because whether you like it or not, Kunos would still make these SUV because Porsche requested for their own use. So instead of putting them in dlc or keep them away, they decided to give them for free.

"It might be Porsche's decicion though."
Of course it was, there's no need for speculation. Marco said it was in his message http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...nds-to-free-porsche-content-criticism.126815/

I'm getting tired of this. Will people just read?
Porsche are using AC for their client simulators. It's been said plenty of times. The SUVs that are FREE were already commissioned by Porsche. They were already designed and built as part of the deal with Porsche. As has been said countless times. They are FREE so stop whinging about it and pay for the stuff you do want which is coming soon and yes it will include race cars. Done.

Back OT... @Sunny Sky Speed that Panamera picture you posted is probably the first one I actually like the look of. Which version is that?
I'm really looking forward to the 911 GT3 RS if it's planned of course.
If not any 911 and hopefully the LeMans cars from yesteryear. I'm not good with Porsche numbering as you can probably tell...
Tech Art Grand GT Turbo.

http://www.autogespot.be/nl/porsche-panamera-turbo-techart-grand-gt/2014/02/28

Funnily enough, Kunos could've avoided the uproar simply by putting one of the SUVs into a DLC and making a GT car available for free instead.
Don't say things like could have avoided the uproar, everything can be turned in to uproar :D Like Michael said, I bet the uproar would be bigger by putting that type of car in the dlc. People would say why not take the suv out and put another car in the dlc and give suv for free...

It's useless to argue about "what players want", without a large poll. I've seen several people say they prefer road cars, but my observation has also zero value. Only poll would. But I believe many of the cars in AC were actually chosen by user polls, people could vote cars and they were added? Hence the name Dreampacks.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/we-need-your-opinion-license/
http://www.assettocorsa.net/we-need-your-opinion-2-choose-the-cars/

Several road cars in there.

Also, why so obsessed about race cars. Modern race cars are on-rails, boring to drive and require less driving skill overall. Driving race cars in a game doesn't make you a millionaire with supermodel girlfriend. So why this big obsession, it's just digital entertainment that will get you nowhere in life, so why not relax a bit and enjoy it.

Loading up 23 AIs with street cars vs. 23 AIs with race cars and racing them has literally zero difference, except the street cars are more of a challenge and less glued to the road, with less setup options.

Many modern road legal sports cars are much faster than some vintage purpose-built race cars. But because they aren't raced in real life, they can't be raced in a game?
I would more point out about the car handling dynamic on the game physic that make the race car feel being on rail. In my opinion, race car should be a lot more playful dynamically.

I like road cars better in AC, because that's where the game feel very authentic.

I am not sure really what is win win here other than making the DLC free or making it all paid for.

The cars being offered are fairly uninspiring, but maybe Porsche had the final say in that? Who knows.

For myself I think it would have been better to release perhaps 2 SUV type cars and perhaps an entry level Boxster just to whet the appetite, perhaps than there would not have been a gigantic outpouring of hate.

A very simple decision like that can mean an awful lot and what has happened is a bit of a PR disaster PCARS style with people being hauled out to comment on forums etc.

Very embarrassing and does not put them in a very good light to be honest

I am not sure really what is win win here other than making the DLC free or making it all paid for.

The cars being offered are fairly uninspiring, but maybe Porsche had the final say in that? Who knows.

For myself I think it would have been better to release perhaps 2 SUV type cars and perhaps an entry level Boxster just to whet the appetite, perhaps than there would not have been a gigantic outpouring of hate.

A very simple decision like that can mean an awful lot and what has happened is a bit of a PR disaster PCARS style with people being hauled out to comment on forums etc.

Very embarrassing and does not put them in a very good light to be honest
"but maybe Porsche had the final say in that? Who knows." You say they have bad PR but you didn't read the information from Marco. Otherwise you would have known why we are being offered these three cars. http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...nds-to-free-porsche-content-criticism.126815/

If I was Kunos, I would never ever release anything for free again...why should they. And actually I'm hoping for that, they have released enough stuff for free, and this ungrateful mob of kids (just read some more comments on other sites) just doesn't deserve anything for free ever again.

Only person who would complain about this is A) an idiot B) so broke, that he wasn't going to purchase the DLCs and is now all teary because couldn't get a charity bite of the sweet stuff. Did you really imagine they release some of the appealing cars for free, after working hard for the most sought-after (sort of Holy Grail) license in simracing? When I heard mid-summer "there will be 3 free Porsche's" I already kinda guessed what's coming, just not the exact cars.

You can delete them from your hard disk with a few mouse clicks, if they really bother you that much.

Last edited:
If I was Kunos, I would never ever release anything for free again...why should they. And actually I'm hoping for that, they have released enough stuff for free, and this ungrateful mob of kids (just read some more comments on other sites) just doesn't deserve anything for free ever again.

yup
lBex4WT.png

i still blame @Paul Jeffrey for all of this:p

edit: RD got a mention too.. but lets leave that one out this time ;D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%