Assetto Corsa Maserati 250F 6C 'Red Pack' Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC Maserati 250F 6C 3.jpg

Assetto Corsa fans have been treated to yet another new content tease from the upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC due to launch on July 14th, this time showing off the beautiful Maserati 250F 6C in game.

The legendary 250F was the Grand Prix car of choice in the 1950's and benefited from the driving skills of such period greats as Sir Sterling Moss, Juan Manuel Fangio and Luigi Musso. Active from its debut in the 1954 right the way through to the end of the 1960 season, the 250F went on to amass 8 Grand Prix wins across its 46 World Championship race career.

Assetto Corsa will be bringing the 250F back to life in its virtual form as part of the upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC due to be released on July 14th. Already confirmed cars include the 2014 vintage Ferrari SF-15T Formula One car, the Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce and of course a laser scan version of Austria's RedBull Ring circuit.

Check out the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forums for news, discussions, mods and our superb online Club Racing Scene.

AC Maserati 250F 6C 2.jpg AC Maserati 250F 6C 4.jpg AC Maserati 250F 6C 5.jpg AC Maserati 250F 6C 6.jpg AC Maserati 250F 6C.jpg

Looking forward to the new DLC from Kunos? Think the Maserati will drive as stunning as it looks? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well... the more you read about it and all the physic stuff the more you'll see rF2 is strongly directed to professionals rather than to the average modder IMO.

Except professional teams have rFpro if they choose so. rF2 is an entirely different product that has little relation to rFpro beyond the namesake now. rF2 is definitely a product made for regular ordinary customers.

It is made to be licensed and sometimes I wonder if all the content release isn't being a mistake.

Except that ISI isnt licensing the rF2 game engine (ISI motor 2.5) yet. So that point is null.

ISI is licensing ISI motor 2.0, but that is the old rF1 game engine from ~2007.

Perhaps we will see them license ISIm 2.5, but that doesnt seem like it is going to be happening any time soon.

Except professional teams have rFpro if they choose so. rF2 is an entirely different product that has little relation to rFpro beyond the namesake now. rF2 is definitely a product made for regular ordinary customers.

Except that ISI isnt licensing the rF2 game engine (ISI motor 2.5) yet. So that point is null.

ISI is licensing ISI motor 2.0, but that is the old rF1 game engine from ~2007.

Perhaps we will see them license ISIm 2.5, but that doesnt seem like it is going to be happening any time soon.
I'm pretty sure when someone put "professionals" and "modders" in same sentence it's mostly talking about professional game devs not racing teams (these use rFpro, game devs don't need that one AFAIK)....
There was a post in ISI forums when one of the staff members said people wanted to license the engine but it was not ready yet back then and [this part is my guessing] it made it look like right now it is possible to license it. I'd imagine the "not rF3" will be made from 2.5 motor. And nope, it's not null point, it's made to be licensed, if it's ready or not it's another history :)
That's why I said I hate it when I have to draw for people to understand what is obvious. Anyway back on topic since this is about AC... ;)

whenever it is possible to add something to a sim it should be done even if "meaningless" (biggest BS I've seen in a while) because duh! It's a simulator :rolleyes::whistling:
Really, so they should just focus on toilet simulations until they get them flushing right (ie. spiralling same direction as the real track's toilets), because it's possible to add it so it should be added? You never know, maybe drivers go 0.001 seconds faster in left hand turns if the toilets flusher is on the left and their right arm is less tired.

I'd rather they focus on things where data shows that it changes the driving.

Really, so they should just focus on toilet simulations until they get them flushing right (ie. spiralling same direction as the real track's toilets), because it's possible to add it so it should be added? You never know, maybe drivers go 0.001 seconds faster in left hand turns if the toilets flusher is on the left and their right arm is less tired.

I'd rather they focus on things where data shows that it changes the driving.
It's a funny way to put it for sure, it's like for you a race car is a single block not something made of various parts that when even small pieces are added, removed or adjusted can affect a lot other parts thus the driving.

That's the whole point of FEM, it's all based on "simple" physical laws for a grid element, rF2's tyre tool is just like a virtual tyre testing rig :)
Indeed, Assetto Corsa is sadly a decade behind the state of the art regarding tire modeling, but that's ok, since it's not in the same category as the proper sims.
Gran Turismo Sport seems to be getting pretty close to Assetto Corsa these days. This category of games will be majorly interesting with Forza 7 next year :)

Last edited:
party poopers poopin da party:cry: ...
on topic: i am loving how these old cars handle (even if it is to assetto corsa's mortal standard :thumbsup:).. sounds like Aris had a blast understanding and imputing the physics on this thing (250f). im getting all antsy in my pantsy again, i even forgot we get assetto corsa's mortal standard official physics porsche cars in some months! ... on one of the streams game devs said they wanted to do an american track after red bull ring.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back