Assetto Corsa Car Suggestions

Looks incredible! If Stefano read this,this time have a dozen normal cars alongside the open wheelers and a few more interesting courses like the hill climb.Netkar pro's achillee's heel was the absence of normal cars and scratch built tracks for netkar.I mean some of the best tracks were conversions from rfactor and they were released very very late during netkar pro's life.Really probably the best car in the game ,was the daytona gt car and the most awesome track was the hillclimb.More of those and this time a larger racing grid and a smoother online experience and this game will be a killer.

• Herman Hermansen

Pointless to argue about this, it's all about personal opinions of what's fun. I think we will get a little bit of everything in AC so that everyone will be happy.. And if we won't, the modders will probably take care of it.

Where is a fun of driving a stock car, can some one told me that? :) Yea, one guy will says that the BMW M 1 coupe is a unique car... buahahaha. Still waiting for some car for a real men, and stop supporting BMWs so much :O_o:

Perhaps it's because 99.9% of us have driven stock production cars and therefore have some inkling/idea of how they should behave and feel. Sure there are many different car manufacturers out there but in general a FR, MR, FF and RR have unique feel to each of them.

Unlike race cars, that are for most part have specific characteristics- high downforce, high grip, low centre of gravity- with road cars, you have so many different/inherent characteristics especially regarding weight distribution that can make the whole process quite a nightmare to the developer like Kunos but fun to the end-users. Look at game like GT- it exists entirely on the fact that it allows people to drive everyday cars like the Honda Civic or Mitsubishi Lancer.

For me a good driving sim should be all inclusive. I love to be able to drive the E92 M3 GT2 on the Nurburgring 24 Hour course but at the same time I wouldn't mind comparing that to driving a road going Z4 Coupe on the same track.

Would love to see some classic Lotus road and race cars.........

Elan 26R Racecar
Elan S2
Europa
Elite
Cortina MKI

And also some Mazdas...........

787B
MX5 MKI
RX7
RX8
Cosmos

OK and some Hondas..........

S600
S800 Racecar

So basically I want classic GTL cars and some modern beasts......:geek:

But hey even if they are not I am sure some wonderful modder will grant most of my wishes.:O_o::D

What could you do? was it completely modular?

I never did any online in NKPro, just offline but i have heard similar comments before so im curios to know why it was uber geek.
I think you had to edit text files to set up a server. Not sure if there was a GUI, I've never seen one.

Lastplace racing team has published a server setup tool a while back, so it's been like any other game since then.

I think you had to edit text files to set up a server. Not sure if there was a GUI, I've never seen one.

Lastplace racing team has published a server setup tool a while back, so it's been like any other game since then.
ok, perhaps we get something more usable but just as modular this time?

it would be cool to set Top 8 reversed and other stuff. Like do more then one race on the same server etc.
That´s just wishes though, definitely not a dealbreaker for me.

Really the only thing i would like to see in AC is this:

1. Good graphics - check
2. Good physics - check
3. Good Netcode - uncomfirmed but most likely a check there
4. BMW - check

Everything else is a bonus.

What could you do? was it completely modular?

I never did any online in NKPro, just offline but i have heard similar comments before so im curios to know why it was uber geek.

very modular, could literally have any sessions and settings for each you desired. Multiple qualy sessions/races etc of differing lengths. Really sweet.

Add mentioned above, not to everyones Tate but settings where saved in a txt file and loaded by the command line dedi app at launch. All the feedback also came back to the terminal.

Add a linux user I love that and the flexibility out gives you. Only wished the dedi app would run on linux do I could fully put it to use. Command line scripting for windows is not a strong point for me.

Some one did make a tool to setup car choice, sessions, etc and launch three dedi though. Really nice tool for people who prefer GUI. I hope they will keep both as an option.

Im confident that physics will be great but I still have my doubts about the quality of multiplay based experience from the past games.
Just have to wait and hope for the best.
i think the multiplayer will be a "make or break" at RD, as we're all having high hopes, and if multiplayer is great and they get it right, then the future is bright for AC as leagues will happen, and the community will be strong!

I bought netkar when it still had online problems... but within 4 months the last update was introduced.. the online was a vast improvement, but the damage was done and alot of people lost faith.... this is by far one of the best finished sim on the market today.
but still the severs are empty....
So i dont think this will be an issue with the new sim, lessons learnt etc..
Out of all the sims in production or beta released or soon to be released under a cloud of mystery, this one is slowly rising to the top of my buy list:)

I bought netkar when it still had online problems... but within 4 months the last update was introduced.. the online was a vast improvement, but the damage was done and alot of people lost faith.... this is by far one of the best finished sim on the market today.
but still the severs are empty....
So i dont think this will be an issue with the new sim, lessons learnt etc..
Out of all the sims in production or beta released or soon to be released under a cloud of mystery, this one is slowly rising to the top of my buy list:)
Yep this was a killer for NKP. I remember only to well how many races were ended here it at RD due to the funky netcode. I'm sure i withdrew from the league that was planned due to the problems we had on the run up to the league. The latest patch was as solid as most out there but as you say it came a bit late and already the damage had been done. I also think the small grids in NKP hampered the sim to a degree aswell and hope AC will offer bigger grids this time round. I think 25 should be the least todays sims should be offering. With all that said, for me without a doubt in terms of fidelity of physics and FFB, NetKar was THE sim of the last generation IMO. It just put a smile on your face like no other even when hotlapping by yourself.

I put NKP back in a couple of weeks back to do some lap videos and still the sim feels amazing. The KS2 is very lively immersive experience.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.8%