Assetto Corsa 1.3.4 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ac.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni have released another update for their Assetto Corsa title on Steam. Containing numerous fixes and improvements, the latest patch is another positive step towards the continual improvement of this already impressive racing title.

Following hot on the heels of the latest Dream Pack 2 DLC which added several new cars and a host of feature enhancements and improvements, Assetto Corsa has made great strides these last few weeks.

Details of the full changelog are below:

• Replay in x64 are now capped at 1Gb instead of 500mb
  • Fixed turbo in form gears
  • Physics multithread is now disabled with less than 4 cores
  • Fixed backfire animation on Lamborghini Countach
  • acServerManager: admin password is mandatory
  • acServerManager: fixed uploader not saving surfaces.ini of multi-layout tracks
  • Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 UI for customers who do not own DLC2
  • Fixed Alfa Romeo 4c peak slip angle value on rear street tyres.
  • Fine tuning of tyre heating model for GT2 and GT3 cars. Tyres now might need 2 laps to heat up the core temperatures. Core temperatures are now much more stable during a lap and cool down slower.
  • New power loss calculation for GT2 GT3 cars engines
  • Corrected rolling resistance calculations for GT2 and GT3 cars tyres
  • BMW M3 E30 Drift and M3 E92 drift has new tyre heat calculation following the GT2/GT3 logic. Experimental.
  • Balancing of GT3 car performances. The balance does not make all cars equal, but just brings their performances closer. Leagues can now add a small amount of ballast to equalize the cars performances even more.
  • Fixed dirt texture and headlights in Ferrari 458 Italia
  • Fixed headlights indicator on BMW Z4 GT3
  • Fixed transparency issue on Ruf Yellowbird
  • Added leds to Mercedes SLS GT3
  • Fixed TrackIR support for x64
  • Added Force Feedback Controller app
  • Fixed acServer corruption of internal buffers leading to packet losses
  • Added benchmark mode
  • Real-time app now uses magenta to signal fastest lap in the session
  • New “camera facing” spectators are now controlled by the “world detail” settings. Allowing users with older machines to achieve better FPS
  • Minor AI race craft tweaks (a bit faster to change lane but bit less “punchy bumpy”)
  • Remapped some functions associated with Numpad “+” and “-” * +/- = Change Force Feedback (disabled in replays) * Ctrl +/- = Change onboard FOV * Ctrl Shift +/- = Change saturation
Have you tried the latest update yet? Leave your opinions in the comment section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Loool, calm down fanboy, in fact i prefer rF2 but i like AC too, any problem with that? Or this is a dictatorial forum and who is not fanboy should leave? <mod-editing: No swearing allowed on the forums>? Also before calling names to others just look yourself in the mirror, i didn't insult anyone here and we were talking constructively about AC in AC section. AND if sometimes i say something less good about AC is because i want it to get better, not here trolling like you!

Bye!
Hold your horses, I haven't insulted anyone nor have I called you names it's just a popular quote from a rather famous movie. Here, you can educate yourself on the same http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094963/quotes
I'm not really "<mod-edit: Again, no swearing allowed> crazy" thank you very much...I am not certain if it doesn't apply to you though.

I am also very far from an AC fanboy but I am not going to even attempt justify it because...well, can't be bothered.
Now, as far as the forum is concerned, your comments are NOT constructive and are not adding any value and perhaps you can go back read them to see what I mean. Constructive criticism is very far from your behavior which makes me wonder why are you even hanging around the AC section. Since you enjoy RF2 more, isn't your time better spent in that section and hanging around people who share your opinion? I think this is called common sense but hey, it's the internetz..

I think "bye" was your best comment in this section yet ;) Bye from me as well, have a productive life

Hold your horses, I haven't insulted anyone nor have I called you names it's just a popular quote from a rather famous movie. Here, you can educate yourself on the same http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094963/quotes
<mod-editing: No swearing allowed on the forums>.I am not certain if it doesn't apply to you though.

I am also very far from an AC fanboy but I am not going to even attempt justify it because...well, can't be bothered.
Now, as far as the forum is concerned, your comments are NOT constructive and are not adding any value and perhaps you can go back read them to see what I mean. Constructive criticism is very far from your behavior which makes me wonder why are you even hanging around the AC section. Since you enjoy RF2 more, isn't your time better spent in that section and hanging around people who share your opinion? I think this is called common sense but hey, it's the internetz..

I think "bye" was your best comment in this section yet ;) Bye from me as well, have a productive life

Lol, the "bye" was to you, and again - i spend time where i want, so why don't you go bug someone else?

If you're so "helpful" why didn't you answer my questions? Instead you prefer to attack people who are not a fanboy like you... sorry but i would never want to live your life...

Shame on youu partner ;)

When did this happen...? I did massive burn-out after a spin and got a flat rear left. Maybe the damage model has been there all along but I can't recall experiencing this before.
View attachment 109621
Fix in 1.3 (or maybe 1.3.1), the code was there since whenever blister/graining got added but there was a bug that prevented tires ever popping. Now they'll pop at about 300C surface.

My understanding is that it'll happen if any part of the tire exceeds that amount so it's possible tire temp apps won't show it - they show an average over the entire circumference but AC's simulating it in a whole bunch of patches (at least 36, idk exact count)

Last edited:
Fix in 1.3 (or maybe 1.3.1), the code was there since whenever blister/graining got added but there was a bug that prevented tires ever popping. Now they'll pop at about 300C surface.

My understanding is that it'll happen if any part of the tire exceeds that amount so it's possible tire temp apps won't show it - they show an average over the entire circumference but AC's simulating it in a whole bunch of patches (at least 36, idk exact count)
I wonder if the tyres bursting has a function of wear in there somewhere. It would be interesting to know, I will have to try some experiments.

i played all 3 of more top sims last night

GSC > RF2 > AC in that order. and i when i went to each sim it felt weird from the last, after a while it became natural. So there wasnt one that was better i would say. they just felt different. Rf2 probably does have more calculations going on under the bonnet, does it make it better than the rest.. im not sure, because GSc is probably the underdog and that i think feels just as good as the others!

all the willy waving about my sims better than yours is getting pathetic now.

i played all 3 of more top sims last night

GSC > RF2 > AC in that order. and i when i went to each sim it felt weird from the last, after a while it became natural. So there wasnt one that was better i would say. they just felt different. Rf2 probably does have more calculations going on under the bonnet, does it make it better than the rest.. im not sure, because GSc is probably the underdog and that i think feels just as good as the others!

all the willy waving about my sims better than yours is getting pathetic now.

This.

<mod-edit: Stay polite and stay within the forum rules>

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play