1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured PC Assetto Corsa 1.3.4 Released

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

ac.jpg Kunos Simulazioni have released another update for their Assetto Corsa title on Steam. Containing numerous fixes and improvements, the latest patch is another positive step towards the continual improvement of this already impressive racing title.

Following hot on the heels of the latest Dream Pack 2 DLC which added several new cars and a host of feature enhancements and improvements, Assetto Corsa has made great strides these last few weeks.

Details of the full changelog are below:

• Replay in x64 are now capped at 1Gb instead of 500mb
    • Fixed turbo in form gears
    • Physics multithread is now disabled with less than 4 cores
    • Fixed backfire animation on Lamborghini Countach
    • acServerManager: admin password is mandatory
    • acServerManager: fixed uploader not saving surfaces.ini of multi-layout tracks
    • Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 UI for customers who do not own DLC2
    • Fixed Alfa Romeo 4c peak slip angle value on rear street tyres.
    • Fine tuning of tyre heating model for GT2 and GT3 cars. Tyres now might need 2 laps to heat up the core temperatures. Core temperatures are now much more stable during a lap and cool down slower.
    • New power loss calculation for GT2 GT3 cars engines
    • Corrected rolling resistance calculations for GT2 and GT3 cars tyres
    • BMW M3 E30 Drift and M3 E92 drift has new tyre heat calculation following the GT2/GT3 logic. Experimental.
    • Balancing of GT3 car performances. The balance does not make all cars equal, but just brings their performances closer. Leagues can now add a small amount of ballast to equalize the cars performances even more.
    • Fixed dirt texture and headlights in Ferrari 458 Italia
    • Fixed headlights indicator on BMW Z4 GT3
    • Fixed transparency issue on Ruf Yellowbird
    • Added leds to Mercedes SLS GT3
    • Fixed TrackIR support for x64
    • Added Force Feedback Controller app
    • Fixed acServer corruption of internal buffers leading to packet losses
    • Added benchmark mode
    • Real-time app now uses magenta to signal fastest lap in the session
    • New “camera facing” spectators are now controlled by the “world detail” settings. Allowing users with older machines to achieve better FPS
    • Minor AI race craft tweaks (a bit faster to change lane but bit less “punchy bumpy”)
    • Remapped some functions associated with Numpad “+” and “-” * +/- = Change Force Feedback (disabled in replays) * Ctrl +/- = Change onboard FOV * Ctrl Shift +/- = Change saturation
    Have you tried the latest update yet? Leave your opinions in the comment section below!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
    • Beer Beer x 3
  2. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

Anybody test the GT3 BOP yet?

3. I so love this game..

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Yep. They are much more even now. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I tested the R8 earlier on default setup at Nords Tourist ran a 6:36 default, on a setup 6:25...

6. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

Has anyone noticed ill effects of setting the replay size to 1GB? I have 8GBs of ram, so I'm assuming performance would not be impacted. Now they just need to auto-save replays and I can stop complaining. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jaime Aleman

Jaime Aleman
    Premium Member

Esotic, I saved last night's race on ULTRA and I didn't notice any ill effects. The replay file size was ~700 MB for about 30 minutes of racing. My rig has 16GBs of RAM, though.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

I had a very quick go last night. AC is just getting better and better IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

Does anyone know exactly how the various replay quality settings affect the replay when you watch it?

10. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

In short, it relates to the frequency the positioning of the other cars is checked. So at a lower quality the cars exact positioning on the track may vary slightly from what actually happened in the race. Basically, if you are a league admin or participant and want to be able to see who is running too far over the white lines, run the highest setting. If you just want to watch a replay for the fun of it or some nice screenshots, you are probably fine with lower settings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium Member

And I have still problem with 64 bits.Game crash after select track and car and push the start button :(

12. Install vcredist 2013 x64, then restart pc: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013
    But it works for you when forcing the game in 32-bit?

13. Do you guys know how the replay size may vary from low to ultra detail?

14. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

This sounds like an opportunity for scientific endeavor!

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium Member

Yes i installed this add but the 64 bit version still crashing.But when I select in game menu force 32 bit game runs without problems.

16. Something in your Windows then in relation to the game. Try installing or updating each vcredist year, from the game folder, for both x86 and x64 versions.

17. I get thet crash when i enable "spotter" app. Try disabling all your apps and if it works enable them again one by one.

18. Try starting it with acs.exe (not acs_x86.exe) in the Assetto Corsa game folder if it comes up with error-0xc00007b try my fix from here it worked for me with this problem:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...t-and-other-games-error-0xc00007b-fix.112207/

19. I love too AC,
    I tested the updates, but I'm waiting VR support. So I buy Pack 2,
    as in this game pCars.

20. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

This update fixed the constant cpu occupancy error I've had since 1.3 was released.