Assetto Corsa 1.3.4 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ac.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni have released another update for their Assetto Corsa title on Steam. Containing numerous fixes and improvements, the latest patch is another positive step towards the continual improvement of this already impressive racing title.

Following hot on the heels of the latest Dream Pack 2 DLC which added several new cars and a host of feature enhancements and improvements, Assetto Corsa has made great strides these last few weeks.

Details of the full changelog are below:

• Replay in x64 are now capped at 1Gb instead of 500mb
  • Fixed turbo in form gears
  • Physics multithread is now disabled with less than 4 cores
  • Fixed backfire animation on Lamborghini Countach
  • acServerManager: admin password is mandatory
  • acServerManager: fixed uploader not saving surfaces.ini of multi-layout tracks
  • Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 UI for customers who do not own DLC2
  • Fixed Alfa Romeo 4c peak slip angle value on rear street tyres.
  • Fine tuning of tyre heating model for GT2 and GT3 cars. Tyres now might need 2 laps to heat up the core temperatures. Core temperatures are now much more stable during a lap and cool down slower.
  • New power loss calculation for GT2 GT3 cars engines
  • Corrected rolling resistance calculations for GT2 and GT3 cars tyres
  • BMW M3 E30 Drift and M3 E92 drift has new tyre heat calculation following the GT2/GT3 logic. Experimental.
  • Balancing of GT3 car performances. The balance does not make all cars equal, but just brings their performances closer. Leagues can now add a small amount of ballast to equalize the cars performances even more.
  • Fixed dirt texture and headlights in Ferrari 458 Italia
  • Fixed headlights indicator on BMW Z4 GT3
  • Fixed transparency issue on Ruf Yellowbird
  • Added leds to Mercedes SLS GT3
  • Fixed TrackIR support for x64
  • Added Force Feedback Controller app
  • Fixed acServer corruption of internal buffers leading to packet losses
  • Added benchmark mode
  • Real-time app now uses magenta to signal fastest lap in the session
  • New “camera facing” spectators are now controlled by the “world detail” settings. Allowing users with older machines to achieve better FPS
  • Minor AI race craft tweaks (a bit faster to change lane but bit less “punchy bumpy”)
  • Remapped some functions associated with Numpad “+” and “-” * +/- = Change Force Feedback (disabled in replays) * Ctrl +/- = Change onboard FOV * Ctrl Shift +/- = Change saturation
Have you tried the latest update yet? Leave your opinions in the comment section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone noticed ill effects of setting the replay size to 1GB? I have 8GBs of ram, so I'm assuming performance would not be impacted. Now they just need to auto-save replays and I can stop complaining. :p

Has anyone noticed ill effects of setting the replay size to 1GB? I have 8GBs of ram, so I'm assuming performance would not be impacted. Now they just need to auto-save replays and I can stop complaining. :p
Esotic, I saved last night's race on ULTRA and I didn't notice any ill effects. The replay file size was ~700 MB for about 30 minutes of racing. My rig has 16GBs of RAM, though.

In short, it relates to the frequency the positioning of the other cars is checked. So at a lower quality the cars exact positioning on the track may vary slightly from what actually happened in the race. Basically, if you are a league admin or participant and want to be able to see who is running too far over the white lines, run the highest setting. If you just want to watch a replay for the fun of it or some nice screenshots, you are probably fine with lower settings.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.9%