Assetto Corsa 1.3.4 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ac.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni have released another update for their Assetto Corsa title on Steam. Containing numerous fixes and improvements, the latest patch is another positive step towards the continual improvement of this already impressive racing title.

Following hot on the heels of the latest Dream Pack 2 DLC which added several new cars and a host of feature enhancements and improvements, Assetto Corsa has made great strides these last few weeks.

Details of the full changelog are below:

• Replay in x64 are now capped at 1Gb instead of 500mb
  • Fixed turbo in form gears
  • Physics multithread is now disabled with less than 4 cores
  • Fixed backfire animation on Lamborghini Countach
  • acServerManager: admin password is mandatory
  • acServerManager: fixed uploader not saving surfaces.ini of multi-layout tracks
  • Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 UI for customers who do not own DLC2
  • Fixed Alfa Romeo 4c peak slip angle value on rear street tyres.
  • Fine tuning of tyre heating model for GT2 and GT3 cars. Tyres now might need 2 laps to heat up the core temperatures. Core temperatures are now much more stable during a lap and cool down slower.
  • New power loss calculation for GT2 GT3 cars engines
  • Corrected rolling resistance calculations for GT2 and GT3 cars tyres
  • BMW M3 E30 Drift and M3 E92 drift has new tyre heat calculation following the GT2/GT3 logic. Experimental.
  • Balancing of GT3 car performances. The balance does not make all cars equal, but just brings their performances closer. Leagues can now add a small amount of ballast to equalize the cars performances even more.
  • Fixed dirt texture and headlights in Ferrari 458 Italia
  • Fixed headlights indicator on BMW Z4 GT3
  • Fixed transparency issue on Ruf Yellowbird
  • Added leds to Mercedes SLS GT3
  • Fixed TrackIR support for x64
  • Added Force Feedback Controller app
  • Fixed acServer corruption of internal buffers leading to packet losses
  • Added benchmark mode
  • Real-time app now uses magenta to signal fastest lap in the session
  • New “camera facing” spectators are now controlled by the “world detail” settings. Allowing users with older machines to achieve better FPS
  • Minor AI race craft tweaks (a bit faster to change lane but bit less “punchy bumpy”)
  • Remapped some functions associated with Numpad “+” and “-” * +/- = Change Force Feedback (disabled in replays) * Ctrl +/- = Change onboard FOV * Ctrl Shift +/- = Change saturation
Have you tried the latest update yet? Leave your opinions in the comment section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me how I can notice the difference in physics ?

What to do !

AC feels pretty real to me !

I just turned on the enhanced FFB and wow almost rF2 now !

You can't, there are many factors in rF2 that you can't even notice, like chassis flex for example, others are the tire deformation, the wind or realroad, all of them have influence on your driving.

And AC feels pretty real to me too ;) it's a very good product and it's worth to have it.

It also depends on the cars and tracks, there's not much content to compare between these two games.

You don't compare content, a car it's allways a bit different from sim to sim, for example FR 3.5 in AC and rF2 is pretty close, but each one feels special on its way. I find it more tolerant in AC, it's fun, but i think rF2 is more challenging and real. Driving a car like that it's not easy for sure :laugh:

Cheers!

@Mikaela Andersson , ffb and physicsj are 2 very different aspect of a SIM. Changing a FFB setting does not make AC physics any more or less closer to any other SIM physics.
Physics are mathematical calculations of parameters trying to mimic real physical events. More complex calculation may or may not lead to better physics, more important to calculate properly the important physical parameters within the limit of the existing computer technology.
The proof is in the pudding, as which one taste better to you? There is no perfect pudding, it is up to your preference, as which physics render the most realistic driving and it is also just one aspect, although important, of how a SIM simulate driving/racing. At the end of the day the result depend of a combination of many factors, physics, graphics, features, FFB , etc.....
Some prefer rf2, other prefer AC, other maybe something else, assuming you are driving a car IRL, the only opinion that matter to you is yours, which one do you thing is closer to your real life experience?

You don't compare content, a car it's allways a bit different from sim to sim, for example FR 3.5 in AC and rF2 is pretty close, but each one feels special on its way. I find it more tolerant in AC, it's fun, but i think rF2 is more challenging and real. Driving a car like that it's not easy for sure :laugh:

Cheers!
Yes it is different, but let's also wait for VR to update their formula renault mod with the v5 tyre model.
"but physics don't come even closer to rF2", I think we can't say this for the reason that for such to happen, we'd need to compare an official car that is in both games, and then compare it to real life. Even though this is of course subjective, so we also need some data and telemetry. Our opinions are not that subjective because we have common sense and perceptions, but are just enough to not allow us to make such affirmative statements in the sim racing world, especially when we start with the idea of comparing real life vs sim, based on another sim. In this case some people are comparing how cars behave between real life and a specific sim, basing it on rf2. But real life data/telemetry/physics concepts should be the base of comparison between a sim or multiple sims.

How the heck Kunos and company are getting this thing to run so fast and smooth on my three year old hardware is beyond me.
I'm running it at better than 140fps with extremely high setting and it does not hiccup...not even a little.
I absolutely love AC.
Had an eight lap race last night with some good racers and it had to be some of the best fun in simracing I've ever had.

rF2 AI drivers have never hit me from behind and taken me out though :)
AC's AI still does it but not as often !

AC's AI are still dangerously slow !

You have every right to prefer a particular AI over an other, I was just trying to help @kamackeris to enjoy a very good sim, as like me, he might end up prefer the short comings of AC AI over the short coming of an other SIM AI, but he will have to not stay away first.:D

For example, you mention AI in AC are to slow for you, they are not for me, most of the time, it varies a little from track to track and also car to car, I have a good race at 90%. I can understand that someone with better driving skill who is much faster than I am might have a different opinion than me on a particular SIM or feature of a SIM. I know I am an average Joe.:)

Since you mention they are pushing you, I would suggest to set them a little slower, it might prevent them from pushing you in the back to often. I know I do not have that issue with them, except if I mess up, but then I can hardly blame the AI for my errors.:)

You have every right to prefer a particular AI over an other, I was just trying to help @kamackeris to enjoy a very good sim, as like me, he might end up prefer the short comings of AC AI over the short coming of an other SIM AI, but he will have to not stay away first.:D

For example, you mention AI in AC are to slow for you, they are not for me, most of the time, it varies a little from track to track and also car to car, I have a good race at 90%. I can understand that someone with better driving skill who is much faster than I am might have a different opinion than me on a particular SIM or feature of a SIM. I know I am an average Joe.:)

Since you mention they are pushing you, I would suggest to set them a little slower, it might prevent them from pushing you in the back to often. I know I do not have that issue with them, except if I mess up, but then I can hardly blame the AI for my errors.:)

You should try Spa before Eau Rouge the AC is dangerously slow.
If you disagree you're slower than my grandma :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back