Assetto Corsa 1.3.4 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ac.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni have released another update for their Assetto Corsa title on Steam. Containing numerous fixes and improvements, the latest patch is another positive step towards the continual improvement of this already impressive racing title.

Following hot on the heels of the latest Dream Pack 2 DLC which added several new cars and a host of feature enhancements and improvements, Assetto Corsa has made great strides these last few weeks.

Details of the full changelog are below:

• Replay in x64 are now capped at 1Gb instead of 500mb
  • Fixed turbo in form gears
  • Physics multithread is now disabled with less than 4 cores
  • Fixed backfire animation on Lamborghini Countach
  • acServerManager: admin password is mandatory
  • acServerManager: fixed uploader not saving surfaces.ini of multi-layout tracks
  • Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 UI for customers who do not own DLC2
  • Fixed Alfa Romeo 4c peak slip angle value on rear street tyres.
  • Fine tuning of tyre heating model for GT2 and GT3 cars. Tyres now might need 2 laps to heat up the core temperatures. Core temperatures are now much more stable during a lap and cool down slower.
  • New power loss calculation for GT2 GT3 cars engines
  • Corrected rolling resistance calculations for GT2 and GT3 cars tyres
  • BMW M3 E30 Drift and M3 E92 drift has new tyre heat calculation following the GT2/GT3 logic. Experimental.
  • Balancing of GT3 car performances. The balance does not make all cars equal, but just brings their performances closer. Leagues can now add a small amount of ballast to equalize the cars performances even more.
  • Fixed dirt texture and headlights in Ferrari 458 Italia
  • Fixed headlights indicator on BMW Z4 GT3
  • Fixed transparency issue on Ruf Yellowbird
  • Added leds to Mercedes SLS GT3
  • Fixed TrackIR support for x64
  • Added Force Feedback Controller app
  • Fixed acServer corruption of internal buffers leading to packet losses
  • Added benchmark mode
  • Real-time app now uses magenta to signal fastest lap in the session
  • New “camera facing” spectators are now controlled by the “world detail” settings. Allowing users with older machines to achieve better FPS
  • Minor AI race craft tweaks (a bit faster to change lane but bit less “punchy bumpy”)
  • Remapped some functions associated with Numpad “+” and “-” * +/- = Change Force Feedback (disabled in replays) * Ctrl +/- = Change onboard FOV * Ctrl Shift +/- = Change saturation
Have you tried the latest update yet? Leave your opinions in the comment section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
... just shows why there's no point hanging around here. Just look at your own posts. Toxic environment like crazy on these forums. If you'd see my steam profile you'd notice that I've mainly been driving AC since the v1.3 release and you'd also notice that I quite like it. It's by far their best update and the cars are fun to drive.. but as a rabid fanboy/girl you can't be arsed to read anything negative about your dear game. Sigh..

As for the wheel I am using, it's a TX 458 so it's decent for a low end wheel.

I've driven AC with a direct drive wheel too and it's the exact same problem. Strange "rubber band" feel and each car very similar to one another.

Saying stuff like "AC is still a million miles from rF2" or "every car feels pretty much the same", you're asking for trouble !

mod-edit: please stay polite and within forum rules

.. which is why AC FFB now suddenly got quite a bit better as well. It makes a lot more sense, especially for counter steering, because the actual tire model now makes a lot more sense.
People seem to latch onto 'new tire model' but that's really not the main source of changes in FFB. Some of the other 1.3.0 fixes to suspension kinematics are. As well as Aristotelis taking a new look at the tire parameters of most of the cars (after all, you only get smarter over time)

Quoting the patch notes:
- New Wheel Offset simulation in suspensions.ini
The physics engine has been reworked and [...] the accuracy has further improved and the physics solver has enough horsepower to completely resolve any difficult calculations at any speed, achieving butter-smooth Force Feedback and a complete elimination of signal noise and vibrations.
Can't find it but pre 1.3 there was some discussion by the devs that they'd found a bug in how certain forces on the suspension were translated to the wheel, presumably that's fixed too.

As for nonlinearity there's a couple ways the game does that
* most obvious, Min Force helps out with the dead zone most wheels include
* cars have individual gamma parameters to curve their responses (high downforce cars will reduce forces the most, since they have the widest dynamic range from low to high speed) - (force)^gamma formula, with 0<gamma<=1 for the most part

... not. The FFB is still "rubber band weird" and every car feels pretty much the same. FFB wise AC is still a million miles from rF2 but at least now the latest tire model starts to resemble something that could be considered closer to reality.

To be frank though, they have a very long way to go but I'm finally having some serious fun in AC. It's still just a hotlapping sim due to the poor AI but at least it is a fun hotlapping sim with an awesome laser scanned Nordschleife!

I agree! The FFB in AC is the best, even better than rF2. What keeps me in rF2 even with the dearth of quality cars and tracks is that rF2 has the best AI of the current crop of sims.

i think they both show good points, AC really does give great feedback from the suspension, you can really feel the bumps weight transfer etc, where in rf2 you have lots of info about the tyre grip and friction and combo pof both would be superb!

Yes it is different, but let's also wait for VR to update their formula renault mod with the v5 tyre model.
"but physics don't come even closer to rF2", I think we can't say this for the reason that for such to happen, we'd need to compare an official car that is in both games, and then compare it to real life. Even though this is of course subjective, so we also need some data and telemetry. Our opinions are not that subjective because we have common sense and perceptions, but are just enough to not allow us to make such affirmative statements in the sim racing world, especially when we start with the idea of comparing real life vs sim, based on another sim. In this case some people are comparing how cars behave between real life and a specific sim, basing it on rf2. But real life data/telemetry/physics concepts should be the base of comparison between a sim or multiple sims.
Lets just pick up the C7R at silverstone and see the results then...

If you don't know anything else, that's fair :laugh:

And why are you in the AC forums exactly? Every comment of yours is "RF2 is better than AC" which is fair enough as this is your opinion, and just like <mod-edit: No swearing allowed> a troll, we all have opinions so good for you. The RF2 section of the forum is that way so please feel free to leave. It's crazy how characters like yourself pop up now and then and start crying for attention...just go play RF2, leave the AC section to the members who actually like it and enjoy life ;)

And why are you in the AC forums exactly? Every comment of yours is "RF2 is better than AC" which is fair enough as this is your opinion, and just like a@@holes, we all have opinions so good for you. The RF2 section of the forum is that way so please feel free to leave. It's crazy how characters like yourself pop up now and then and start crying for attention...just go play RF2, leave the AC section to the members who actually like it and enjoy life ;)

Loool, calm down fanboy, in fact i prefer rF2 but i like AC too, any problem with that? <mod-editing: No swearing allowed on the forums> Also before calling names to others just look yourself in the mirror, i didn't insult anyone here and we were talking constructively about AC in AC section. AND if sometimes i say something less good about AC is because i want it to get better, not here trolling like you!

Bye!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%