F1 2010 Annoyed CM Customers

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
So basically thoughs who are happy with the game would be happy with spending say £1400 on a 50" tv and only getting 46" veiwing area. They wouldn't return the tv they would just say well at least i got 46". B******T

Lol, what?

I could see your point if Codies sold a product labelled as F1 2010 but what you actually got was Pro UK Karts 2010 or something.. but Codies are selling a game called F1 2010 that fairly represents the actual F1 2010 season.

I did sign and agree that the game is indeed unplayable as a simulator as stated by CM ! As an arcade/console game very good attempt and all official licences !

I play on PC and cannot finish my first season due to the corrupt save game error, the said error was not fixed in the patch for me even after re-install and clean this is my main problem and along with other's which I do not think are that bad but should not be there anyway, this to me has made the game unplayable and certainly not enjoyable at all. So maybe my expectation's were a little high ?

p.s I have yet to race past marina bay always after that track ?

The game is not unplayable. Just your save game is. Just start your career again! If you say it's corrupt, then what do you have to lose? You should at least give it a try before completely writing it off and getting involved with that petition which won't make any difference at all. If CM are going to anything about it they already are, they won't listen to people who just moan, especially if they arent being given a 2nd chance and at least trying the game again from the start.

Like has been said before, very few people have a completely unplayable game.

If you have signed that petty-tion then you are just acting like a spoilt little Fernando blowing things out of proportion!

I have re-done the career mode 8 times my friend and always after marina bay even after fresh install no patch then patch again all fresh install's. Yesterday was the eighth time it has happened so I am just abandoning it in the hope some modders come up with something maybe to fix it, who know's. As for F1 2011 no thank's save my money for something else, by the way any racing game's you guy's recommend I can have a look at as I really have a racing itch to scratch ? PC platform.

Many thank's, Dave.

May be worth you trying to copy your save game to a separate file each time and send a compilation to CM, for review. Are you running any mods at all? have you edited your database.bin file?

Have you tried a search ( top right) to see if it has been covered before? I'm sure I've read About this in the last couple of weeks.

Edit: Trawl through this thread, http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-game/41698-post-patch-1-01-issues.html I think it's somewhere in herE. I'm using iPhone ATM so can't look very easily.

HTH. Jim.

Thanks for your support James, very much appreciated. But sadly I have tried all just the vanilla game is the same any combo you can think of it just wont have it and it has stumped me totally. Very disappointed as I really love to drive in game F1 especially, sadly it is not to be likely soon !
I will keep looking into this great site though and reviewing the mod section regularly to keep an eye out for something.

Hopefully, Dave.

p.s Playing FONV at the mo and having a constant fast travel crash and no fixes yet LOL it is a conspiracy. Apache here I come me think's maybe ahhhh HELP ME PLEASE :) Thinking about GTR Evolution or maybe rFactor have to take a thorough look.

Haha, and to think Forza3 was the final nail in the coffin for console racing for me. What a huuuuge disappointment after such a quality predecessor.

We talking about the same game here?? The only problem with F3 was the online lobbies, and even that after a while was sorted. Other than that i cant see how you could dislike it if you liked F2? There wasnt that much difference between them in all honesty. Awesome game.

Ive had my saved game lost on F1 2010, happend the other day. Still not overly bothered though, still a great game. (i must say though that i like the game mainly for racing online so the saved game thingy isnt such a big issue for me)

We talking about the same game here?? The only problem with F3 was the online lobbies, and even that after a while was sorted. Other than that i cant see how you could dislike it if you liked F2? There wasnt that much difference between them in all honesty. Awesome game.

Yes, yes we are ;)

I think a lot of it boils down to Race Pro. I moved away from F2 when that was released and after playing RP, Forza(2 or 3) just didn't 'feel' right. I thought the cars in RP and the games physics felt more 'natural' than the Forza titles and after playing RP found it really hard to make the transition back. I'm not saying this is correct, just my opinion.

Hmm, maybe i should try racepro. Think i played a demo of it once and thought it was utter poop. Perhaps it was a different game though..cant remember :)

I thought the driving/car physics was stupendously good in F2 and F3, but yet again thats just my opinion.

Just whatever you get used to I guess. I loved F2 and probably spent more hours on that than any other game in my life.

Oh don't bother with RP - although the physics are great, the game itself is rubbish, far too many bugs. Can't play career cus of save game corruptions, can't play online because the lobbies ALWAYS break. I've no idea why I persevered with it a long as I did.

I enjoy the occasional 10% race (no pitting required) with unpatched F1 2010, but I have problems with AI not pitting, or being stuck in pit myself, on longer distances.

I could apply the patch and kill my framerate, the weather effects and drying race line.

So really, this game is not working as advertised for me. It's true that other games also get released with bugs, but then usually they get patched until the major problems are fixed. Whereas here we got one patch that breaks stuff, and no further support.

I mean, this list here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-game/41698-post-patch-1-01-issues.html

didn't grow out of thin air. Some very serious problems reported there, and yet CM's reaction is "Wait for F1 2011 and pay extra".

As long as a new game is better than what's gone before it that's all you can ask. There's always gonna be room for improvement but that's why you can't wait for the next one.
Personally i think it's pretty damn good, apart from the 'rammers' but hey , that 's a different story. i've had a lot of fun with this game so no petition signing for me.

As long as a new game is better than what's gone before it that's all you can ask. There's always gonna be room for improvement but that's why you can't wait for the next one.
Personally i think it's pretty damn good, apart from the 'rammers' but hey , that 's a different story. i've had a lot of fun with this game so no petition signing for me.
CodeMasters should fix the few remaining bugs in F1 2010 with a new patch and hopefully introduce a completely new game engine for F1 2011 (Well I can hope, can't I :wink:)
You, and many other people find it playable, with no serious problems - no surprise. Those that claim F1 2010 is unplayable are those that have messed about with files in the game like database. bin or their game and graphics settings without knowing what they are doing, and then blame CM for their own mistakes.
I have the patch installed and still have the weather effects and drying race line. In a 100% race the ai cars behave correctly most of the time now, and autosave is working as it should (although the savegame folder is automatically backed up in case of any problems.

Sorry, should have said i play on ps3 so maybe there are less problems on consoles. The game freezes now and again but not often and that's more a console than a game problem. When i heard you talking about all these patches I thought you were getting a lot of punctures. lol

I think peoples expectation of the game was through the roof, including myself. If you look at what CM have done in the time and resources given to them, they've done as good as they could. The game has bugs and other stuff, but its never been bad enough that is not unplayable. I guess some people where expecting to have McLarens simulator at home. All you can hope for a 1st gen game is that is playable and have fun at it. I'm expecting 2011 will be worth all this banter.

When i heard you talking about all these patches I thought you were getting a lot of punctures. lol
Only had one puncture in seven 100% race weekends since the patch, and that was caused by an excursion off the track and tapping a barrier. The patch has certainly kept my tyres inflated. :D
There will be less "problems" with consoles because you can't mess up your files and settings like the PC moaners do.

Only had one puncture in seven 100% race weekends since the patch, and that was caused by an excursion off the track and tapping a barrier. The patch has certainly kept my tyres inflated. :D
There will be less "problems" with consoles because you can't mess up your files and settings like the PC moaners do.

right, so that's why CM thought it necessary to 'hotfix' the puddles stuff? Because every PC gamer messed with his files and broke it, CM was so kind to upload a fix for them. Or how after patch PC users have 'lost' 20 fps. (and lose even more fps if they use the not so hot fix)

I luckily never had much problems with punctures, nor with the corrupt save file thing.
Then I patched, didn't have mods installed yet, BOOM corrupt save. Now wasn't the patch supposed to fix that? lol

Wake up, this crap isn't caused by using mods, it's a clear CM cock up on the patch.

I made a back up copy of my original F1 2010 folder and then did a new clean installation prior to installing the patch.
I don't know anything about this "Hotfix" - it certainly wasn't downloaded onto my computer by GFWL. I do keep a check on my hardware settings in the savegame folder and I have adjusted them for my processor when I first bought the game. I have also edited a few other files to my liking, as well as installing several mods.
I also do the sensible thing and backup my savegame folder every time it is autosaved, and I make sure that my computer is set up correctly and is as stable as any computer can ever be
As for frame-rates, I don't know what I was getting before the patch, and I don't know what I'm getting now, I haven't bothered to check because the game runs smoothly on my three year old system with in-game settings on high. Only idiots with nothing better to do worry if somebody else is getting an extra 1 or 2 fps when it is over 25-30fps.

I made a back up copy of my original F1 2010 folder and then did a new clean installation prior to installing the patch.
I don't know anything about this "Hotfix" - it certainly wasn't downloaded onto my computer by GFWL. I do keep a check on my hardware settings in the savegame folder and I have adjusted them for my processor when I first bought the game. I have also edited a few other files to my liking, as well as installing several mods.
I also do the sensible thing and backup my savegame folder every time it is autosaved, and I make sure that my computer is set up correctly and is as stable as any computer can ever be
As for frame-rates, I don't know what I was getting before the patch, and I don't know what I'm getting now, I haven't bothered to check because the game runs smoothly on my three year old system with in-game settings on high. Only idiots with nothing better to do worry if somebody else is getting an extra 1 or 2 fps when it is over 25-30fps.

disappearing puddles fix, posted by CM community manager:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/443349-fix-puddle-disappearing.html
fixes the graphics, but kills off around 15-20 fps in the process :(

and sure, I back up my save files too, but should we really have to? I kind of expect a game not to mess up my saves, you know, it's just proper coding.

lastly, when people have high end machines they expect top performance, so 25-30 fps is weak when our systems can do much more than that IF CM did less sloppy work. Ofc much of this lack of performance is due to the console platforms dragging the PC version down to their standards which sadly not much can be done about.

I don't want to bash the game completely, it IS enjoyable, but that doesn't mean we have to turn a blind eye to CM's shortcomings. The more these issues are posted about, the higher the chance these errors will not be repeated for f1 2011. People saying it's all the user's fault if they have issues and that CM made a flawless game increases the chance CM will just repeat their lazy and rushed coding.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.