F1 2010 Annoyed CM Customers

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I don't like the text of this petition at all. Signing it would be a blatant lie as the game is not unplayable, I've had a lot of fun with it even if I wish it was better in some areas.

Im also not signing this petition. The game is imo not unplayable, which doesn't say that the game is in a perfect condition. There are some points within the game which can be fixed/improved.

All in all im quite happy i've bought this game, its has brought me already a lot of fun :)

The game is fine as it is. Some people just want to moan about everything. Made a post about that on the codies forum some time ago:

1% of all customers always complains: whatever the quality of the product is. Complaining people tend to register on official forums easily to voice their negative opinion.

Simple math: 99% of the people never registers on the Codemasters forum and are happy racers or know that no game is bug free

Really it's not as bad as some people want you to believe it is :)

It needs another patch, but it is not, even before the first patch, unplayable.
The way the petition is worded ensures that neither CM, the FIA or even Bernie himself (All bow down in worship), will take one bit of notice of it.
Maybe the originator of the petition should approach the UN to try to get justice - they could send a task force into the CM offices to occupy the premises until the game is fixed completely.

Not only is it not unplayable, its in my eyes one of the best if not the best racing game ive ever played. Forza 3 being the other one :)

Yeh so theres a few bugs but big deal.

Haha, and to think Forza3 was the final nail in the coffin for console racing for me. What a huuuuge disappointment after such a quality predecessor.

On topic - I agree, F1 2010 is certainly not unplayable. I question the point of the recent (PC) patch though as that seems to have destroyed performance and graphics - But the easy fix is to turn everything down. There's a few other little quirks but nothing too serious.

TBH I don't get why people are so keen to moan and complain... When you look back the the shambles of a release that was Simbins - Race PRO on XBOX... well, in comparison ~ Codies have done an epic job.

The game is fun however it is true that AI is annoying, too fast or too slow... soon you feel it is just fake and that just make the whole game feel unreal. At least with GTR Evo you can tune precisely the speed of the AI and then they are always as fast, it feels more real, less fake.

AI balance is just very bad and annoying. It is annoying having to chose between fuel sim, tire sim, AI medium pro or legend, length of race and that only to get an acceptable level of competition. And this tuning is needed for each race since AI strength varies a lot... That is just bad...

Otherwise it is a great game (except for water puddles that don't work without hot fix).

Bad example. This is a game of a few bucks. Don't try to make it look more expensive. Gamesprices nowadays equal one night out at a bar.

Or do you beg for a refund of all the beer you drank because the background music wasn't of your liking? :)

The game is fine as it is. Some people just want to moan about everything. Made a post about that on the codies forum some time ago:

1% of all customers always complains: whatever the quality of the product is. Complaining people tend to register on official forums easily to voice their negative opinion.

Simple math: 99% of the people never registers on the Codemasters forum and are happy racers or know that no game is bug free

Really it's not as bad as some people want you to believe it is :)

99% of all stats on the internet are complete waffle.... like yours. What about the people who do not have access to the forum? Or those who do not even know about the forum? And then there are those who just figured the game is so bugged it can't be played and threw it on the pile of other 'broken' games?

Really it's not as bad as some people want you to believe it is.... You think its ok to sell a game that will destroy your save game and make you start again?

You actually sound like a rep from CM's damage limitation department.

I agree with Bram. I haven't experienced any problems with the game. In fact, I didn't know there were any til I saw on here.

All games have bugs. Most people have common sense, so if they think there is a fault in a game, they'll try to find out about it, try to avoid it.

Too many people are too quick to criticise (low post count on a forum, mainly criticising the game), and dont praise what has been done or achieved in the game. It's a great game. If you have a problem with the quality of the game itself, take it up with CM forum, not on here.

This game is fine for the majority of people, if you don't like it, fair enough, but don't come whinging on a forum where most people actually like the game., and are willing to work around the bugs.

And, as for re-starting your career - extending the life of the game!

Every Sim/Game I have ever tried has had bugs of some discription,followed by Patches being released!I guess it's just the norm, Nothing is perfect but this very close and will get better IMHO.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.