F1 2010 Annoyed CM Customers

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I have never, in any post about F1 2010 said it is flawless - if you read my posts in this thread I say it needs a further patch to address some issues.

I think I saw somewhere that most corrupt savegame files can now be recovered, but yes you should back them up - as you should keep backups of everything on the computer. An intermittent faulty connection in a SATA lead can create all sorts of havoc, as I found out a couple of years ago. Some of the corrupt saved games are caused by not waiting for autosave to finish its job, others because of the game settings not being liked by autosave.

I contacted CM direct to let them know what I thought was wrong with the game and what could, or should, be improved or fixed either now or later. That was based on my experience of just about every F1 simulator made for Windows (and before), and somebody that has followed F1 for many years and know the rules and how to interpret them better than some of the F1 stewards - (IMHO:)). I got an acknowledgement, which was all that was required - I've done my bit.
Too many people are complaining about non-existent bugs - either they are self caused problems or they don't understand the basics of car setups, strategy or F1 rules, and those that sign the petition claiming the "game is unplayable" are just begging to be completely ignored by CM.

Anybody is a lot more likely to be listened to by CM if they contact Support with any sensible and reasoned complaints rather than slagging the game off on a forum claiming the game is completely unplayable.

I think peoples expectation of the game was through the roof, including myself. If you look at what CM have done in the time and resources given to them, they've done as good as they could. The game has bugs and other stuff, but its never been bad enough that is not unplayable. I guess some people where expecting to have McLarens simulator at home. All you can hope for a 1st gen game is that is playable and have fun at it. I'm expecting 2011 will be worth all this banter.

You're really setting your own bar very low, or implicty thinking other people are stupid kids who want the world for 50EUR.

I did not expect the "McLarens Simulator at home" but a game that gives me either a choice of broken pit behaviour or broken weather effects and low FPS is not fit for service, can we agree on that? I don't think it's too much to expect that they fix the bugs they introduced themself in the patch.

And no, I have not messed with game files. Isn't it a bit weird that you and CeeGee would rather blame the paying customer who expects a game with no major bugs than the company which released a patch that clearly broke stuff?

Oh, and I did contact their support with a sensible and nice email asking if there will be a second fix to make the first patch actually behave as expected - and I got not even a standard reply text back, rather I got no answer at all.

So they take 50EUR, deliver a game with bugs, introduce different bugs in the patch, and then stop communicating. You really think that is par for the course in today's game development?

Helios addressed the weather bugs in a thread HE created 3 weeks ago, asking the community to post their specs if they had this problem.

Helios said:
If you are experiencing this problem can you please post what gfx card you are have along with as much information about the graphical settings you use when you experience the problem, both in-game and out if possible.

Can we please keep this thread restricted to posts purely giving the info asked for above, it makes it a lot easier to collate and analyse. Thankyou.

3 weeks ago he posted that, and 250 posts from the community doing as CM asked, but yet no response from CM !!

IMO that is just downright rude and arrogant.

I have been in Games development for a fair few years and know that you do not treat your Community like that !!

Just a "thank you for the feedback" would be a start :mad:

As the "FIX" was clearly not a fix at all.

They are annoying their Community on their own with actions like this.

As PC users we should expect this trend to keep up and get worse, the reason, Money plain and simple. CM and other software company's all say the PC market isn't their biggest market any more, it is now console's. They get more from the plug and play market who cannot change much if anything in game and the machine's handle their products to a standard that sell's so that is all you can expect now.

Software company's know that these discussion's will go on and over time burn out, while we argue among ourselves they then pop up with new candy and all is forgotten and forgiven, until you realise the candy is salt encrusted lemon's, then the last gripe is forgotten and the new gripe start's and again. Anyone see a pattern forming here ?

I say be done with it, set up your wages to transfer to their account's and go back to dribbling in the corner.

But that's actually not true, at least in my experience. I bought three other racing games this year, all Console-ported. SBK-X, NFS Shift and Flatout UC. Shift had two patches that did not break things. SBK-X and Flatout never were patched, but are bugfree anyway.

While these titles are not as serious in physics and driving like NetKar Pro or Ferrari Academy (which I also owned) they do a good job. Obviously it is possible to have a multi-platform title that is NOT broken on PC (also applies to Just Cause 2 which I bought last month).

I think CM is simple a really bad apple. I had high regard for them from the days of original OFP, but it seems even EA now knows more about customer support and quality control than they do currently.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%