And they say this game is easy

Hai all.

like the most of you i love to do some laps in AC.
As i am not the fastest driver around, i don't have my expectations set to brake world records here.
And i found out that i'm not the the best set-upper.
But still i like the challenge.

my fav car Atm is the Porsche rsr-2017. cause i watched the le mans race and now i'm hooked again.
as the next WEC race is on the Nurburg-Gp circuit and I'm going there , i try to get some laps in.
but even after 5 days of practicing and setting up the car, i can't even get close to the targets the Ai sets for me.
I race against the ai. 100 strength 90 agro 1% variation.
the leader laps at 1:54.xxx and i'm happy when i pull a low 1:57 on them, most laps are high 57's low 58's.

as i try to set my car up for the race and not so for quali. i find it hard to get it right.
those laps i see from yt vids and live footage are blowing my mind.

I always wanted to do some online racing but i'm very reluctant on that subject now with this slow pace i carry.
as a fan of sim racing: I salute you fast racers out there. I really have respect for those skills you all have.

1:57:515!!!:sneaky:
Girlfriend fell asleep, so I fired up AC again, this time with the 650 GT3... It was like getting back together with an Ex... Did a 1:57:009 though.
Switched to the RSR again and I have to say it did already grow on me. Felt really well, no understeering and I am starting to like the track too!

Thanks guys for motivating me to beat your a** someday. Got a lot faster with your advices and video! :inlove:

Looking forward for tomorrow. I wanna see the 1:56 dropping it's panties :notworthy::cool:

I'm still trying to get my head around AC tyre behaviour. @RasmusP posted some analysis of this a few days back which I'm now remembering I meant to ask more questions about - maybe discuss that with you soon Rasmus :)
I would like to! I will have time in August and then I will create "The ultimate Assetto Corsa Tire analysis Thread". Looking forward to some testing, videos, graphs etc. :geek::roflmao:

Nice post and advices here! I'm going to try this combo today and post my time to compare with yours. I have something close to 300h on AC and still struggling with the setups/tyres!

just managed to get a low 2:08,xxx on the board
Well, you're even quicker than I thought - I did some laps in the TT and haven't managed to better a high 10 yet :) (I didn't play with the set at all, other than pressures, since it's a fixed-setup race, and I also didn't use low fuel or P2P but still, your time is gonna be difficult to beat.)

:D Phew!!
Edit: I think it's OK to mention lap-times in this thread, but (in case you aren't aware of it) there's an unwritten rule that you shouldn't mention them in the race thread in case people get disheartened and abandon it.

If anyone has a server we could set it with a predetermined car/track combo and meet to work on it together. If RD doesn't give us that possibility with their servers, we can always organized by ourselves.

that's an awesome idea though. could help alot of people to get into grips with the sim

I think it's OK to mention lap-times in this thread, but (in case you aren't aware of it) there's an unwritten rule that you shouldn't mention them in the race thread in case people get disheartened and abandon it.
The funny thing is that you can't talk about it in there but you can post a setup with the laptime achevied...A bit of a contradiction if you ask me.

@everybody.
Before i forget it, thanks for all your support and reactions on my message.
As a first post in this forum i couldn't think of a reception like this.
and already the insides provided has made me a bit more confident and faster.
*tips to his hat*
You just asked the right questions. Guys like you are pretty rare and we are happy to help those who want to learn.

Since the GT cars has ABS as default, why they dont work on "factory" option?
I changed to "on" to it works.

My best time so far is 1:57.468 - Im having problem heating the front tires, they stay blue all the time. Any ideas? ( Using 20psi )

Last edited:
Since the GT cars has ABS as default, why they dont work on "factory" option?
I changed to "on" to it works.

My best time so far is 1:57.468 - Im having problem heating the front tires, they stay blue all the time. Any ideas? ( Using 20psi )
Only Gt3s have ABS and TC. GT2 and GTE have just the TC. Speaking of temperature, if you are using the mediums, the front tyres won't heat at the Nurburgring, so just ignore that.

Only Gt3s have ABS and TC. GT2 and GTE have just the TC. Speaking of temperature, if you are using the mediums, the front tyres won't heat at the Nurburgring, so just ignore that.

I thought all GTs has ABS, thanks for the information! I'm using soft tyres, and I feel the car understeering because of that.

I thought all GTs has ABS, thanks for the information! I'm using soft tyres, and I feel the car understeering because of that.
The car understeer mostly because it has the engine on the rear. Even with a good setup i think that car will maintain an understeery behaviour.

@Neilski, I see now what you mean about that inconsistency in the ai's strength, as i am practicing the audi-tt, their fastest lap is less than a second away, still qualify as last though. lol
The AI can vary alot depending on the car. They seem generally pretty good with GT cars.

The car understeer mostly because it has the engine on the rear. Even with a good setup i think that car will maintain an understeery behaviour.
Generally I find that understeer means you're going to fast. There's very few things in sim racing as awful as a car understeering out of a corner. That's part of the reason I turn in as late as possible, I try to get the turning over with by the time I hit the apex so I'm as straight as possible exiting the corner and the understeer isn't as much of an issue. I work under the assumption that if I have to make any steering corrections while exiting a corner that I've made a mess of things and I'm going to be slow. It's not a hard and fast rule but generally it seems right.

The funny thing is that you can't talk about it in there but you can post a setup with the laptime achevied...A bit of a contradiction if you ask me.

Well, they're not supposed to post a time with it and if a mod sees it they will usually edit it out and let the person know not to discuss lap times in race threads. Here it should be totally fine though because it's not for an official race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back