And they say this game is easy

Hai all.

like the most of you i love to do some laps in AC.
As i am not the fastest driver around, i don't have my expectations set to brake world records here.
And i found out that i'm not the the best set-upper.
But still i like the challenge.

my fav car Atm is the Porsche rsr-2017. cause i watched the le mans race and now i'm hooked again.
as the next WEC race is on the Nurburg-Gp circuit and I'm going there , i try to get some laps in.
but even after 5 days of practicing and setting up the car, i can't even get close to the targets the Ai sets for me.
I race against the ai. 100 strength 90 agro 1% variation.
the leader laps at 1:54.xxx and i'm happy when i pull a low 1:57 on them, most laps are high 57's low 58's.

as i try to set my car up for the race and not so for quali. i find it hard to get it right.
those laps i see from yt vids and live footage are blowing my mind.

I always wanted to do some online racing but i'm very reluctant on that subject now with this slow pace i carry.
as a fan of sim racing: I salute you fast racers out there. I really have respect for those skills you all have.

Well ehh i finally had some luck with recording (sort of).
after a few try's i managed to do a lap without locking up my software.
The second lap is the same as the first one, only a different camera view.
the sound is aweful and it's certainly not a clean lap. But here is it anyway.
again Rasmus, i'm sorry man.

Last edited:
Your lap is pretty fast! I did another 15 laps and only got a 1:57:9xx... You can race online for sure! I bet you would get into top 10 if you join us this week :thumbsup:
Is your video with default setup?
I don't see any clear mistakes! Just two things you could try:
Brake a bit deeper into the corners and try to go for a later apex. Seems like you could take a bit more speed if you do that :)

And I will go train this damn track... Giving advice and being 4 tenth slower... :cautious::coffee:

Well ehh i finally had some luck with recording (sort of).
after a few try's i managed to do a lap without locking up my software.
The second lap is the same as the first one, only a different camera view.
the sound is aweful and it's certainly not a clean lap. But here is it anyway.
again Rasmus, i'm sorry man.
You are definitely better than most of the guys racing here on racedepartment, so don't worry about racing online, you'll be fine. The first advice i'd give you is to use better the width of the track, i think that's the major mistake you did in that lap. Another thing is to not hit the kerb at the schumacher S. When you hit it your car slides and lose traction and speed and once your tires are close to the end of the stint it can be dangerous to hit kerbs of that kind in general.
Your lap is pretty fast! I did another 15 laps and only got a 1:57:9xx... You can race online for sure! I bet you would get into top 10 if you join us this week :thumbsup:
Is your video with default setup?
I don't see any clear mistakes! Just two things you could try:
Brake a bit deeper into the corners and try to go for a later apex. Seems like you could take a bit more speed if you do that :)

And I will go train this damn track... Giving advice and being 4 tenth slower... :cautious::coffee:
I watched you too. You have to use your brake pedal better. If you watch carefully you'll notice how every time you turn the car slides a little. That means that either you brake too late or you don't modulate enough the input. I'd also recommend to not use ABS with the cars that do not have it in real life. This helps you getting a better feeling with the brakes. On the other hand, it's extremely important to use the abs when the car has it IRL. I think Stefano stated (i might be wrong, i don't remember the source, but i think it was him) that if a car has ABS IRL, then they work on the car with the ABS on and it could not work as intended without it. So just to make an example, don't drive a gt3 without ABS.

I did a little test run this morning in the RSR (10 laps, then recording). Wednesday we visit the Nürburgring with the Audi TTs so why not train a bit.
Well here is the video of a few laps: LINK
I had a go at it too with the RSR. I didn't find an option to enable ABS on this car, what am I missing?

edit: nvm, it'll be fun on Wednesday @BhZ, you have to give me some of that spinach you are eating.

Wow. didn't expect that.
i noticed now that i'm only half a second away from my fastest lap with a changed setup.
Clearly i need to more laps.
I had one eye on my second screen to see if the recording software was behaving. So i am aware of the wheel locking and not cutting deep enough in the corners. But i was so happy to get one lap on vid. So i thought out with this one.
tnx for your advise though, i will try to brake a little deeper in the corners, it is a sort of a weak spot for me. :)

Wow. didn't expect that.
i noticed now that i'm only half a second away from my fastest lap with a changed setup.
Clearly i need to more laps.
I had one eye on my second screen to see if the recording software was behaving. So i am aware of the wheel locking and not cutting deep enough in the corners. But i was so happy to get one lap on vid. So i thought out with this one.
tnx for your advise though, i will try to brake a little deeper in the corners, it is a sort of a weak spot for me. :)
The brake didn't seem bad actually. To make it simple, if you have to turn left, be sure to move your car to the right so that you have a better line once you turn.

I had a go at it too with the RSR. I didn't find an option to enable ABS on this car, what am I missing?

edit: nvm, it'll be fun on Wednesday @BhZ, you have to give me some of that spinach you are eating.
Wait, what happen on wednesday? Am i signed up for some race i forgot about? :)
Btw, to enable it you'd have to set the abs on before you start the game. Instead of factory you should choose "on", so every car has it. I always run with factory.

You could be braking a bit later into many of the corners. Maybe try turning in a little bit later so your straighter on the exits.

I don't know how many laps you do at a time but the more you do the better. Doing say ten laps is just really getting warmed up, try doing some hour long stints so that you can really get into a flow, going around each of the corners should be habitual, once you're at that stage you can really start to notice the difference slightly different lines can make.

In most cases it's not the setup that's an issue, you need to have that habitual knowledge of the track before you can really start to take advantage of setups.

@BhZ.
With the love man. :)
Very encouraging words. thank you.
I will surely follow up on those tips you wrote there

I completely neglected that Kunos would provide stable setups. After driving the Gtr series and evo, i sort of ignored the base setups and started tinkering strait away.
thanks for pointing that one out.
now i want to equal my fastest time with the base setup, in honor of the directions you gave me.
Salutations

@Turk,
yeah i'm gonna boot up assetto and get some longer stints in.
the lap on the vid is a 3rd lap.
I had recording issues, so i murdered the tires on lap 1 and 2 to get some heat in and lap 3 had to be it.

and i'm surely gonna sign up up as a driver, you guys act like a true community, haven't seen that in a while.
:thumbsup:

@Turk,
yeah i'm gonna boot up assetto and get some longer stints in.
the lap on the vid is a 3rd lap.
I had recording issues, so i murdered the tires on lap 1 and 2 to get some heat in and lap 3 had to be it.

and i'm surely gonna sign up up as a driver, you guys act like a true community, haven't seen that in a while.
:thumbsup:
We will welcome you when you join us! :)
I just did 45 minutes on track and my best was 1:57:866. I think you are fast enough... But I don't like this track very much :p
@BhZ thanks for mentioning the ABS. I had it on on instead of "factory". It's much better without it on this car!

@RasmusP @Dimis you guys have chosen one of the hardest cars to master. I will probably try the same combo to see what's my time compared to yours.
That would be really nice! :)
For me: I don't like that track and I don't like the car either... The perfect line is pretty difficult to take and this car is understeering like hell, but twitchy when accelerating.
I can recommend the 650 GT3 if you don't like understeering as much as I do :p

That would be really nice! :)
For me: I don't like that track and I don't like the car either... The perfect line is pretty difficult to take and this car is understeering like hell, but twitchy when accelerating.
I can recommend the 650 GT3 if you don't like understeering as much as I do :p
I agree. I hate the car and the track as you do. I have to say though that the 650s gt3 can be very tricky in tracks with fast turns because when you leave the throttle, you will have oversteer (a lot). I'd go for the new audi gt3 or the ferrari gt3 (if we want to stay on GTs).

Oh yeah the car is very tricky, but i love this Gt class. not so many other options in the base game though.
i would love to see the Aston martin appear in Gt-1.
i was addicted to that one in Gtr-Evo.

@Dimis @RasmusP So, with medium tyres, +2psi on each tyre, i managed to do a 1:56:542. Don't expect to come close to this time anyway, i have 1000 hours on AC, so it's quite normal to be faster with less laps. I think a 1 57 500 would be good as a start. As i said, this car is not the best to start with, so the difference will be higher between us. Maybe in a couple of days (or when you are bored with this car) we can choose a different combo and see how it goes.

I agree. I hate the car and the track as you do. I have to say though that the 650s gt3 can be very tricky in tracks with fast turns because when you leave the throttle, you will have oversteer (a lot). I'd go for the new audi gt3 or the ferrari gt3 (if we want to stay on GTs).
That's true! I only did the gt3 Event here on RD at the Nordschleife endurance with the 650. I love to punch this car through the fast, short turns!
The Ferrari is a good balance :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back