And they say this game is easy

Hai all.

like the most of you i love to do some laps in AC.
As i am not the fastest driver around, i don't have my expectations set to brake world records here.
And i found out that i'm not the the best set-upper.
But still i like the challenge.

my fav car Atm is the Porsche rsr-2017. cause i watched the le mans race and now i'm hooked again.
as the next WEC race is on the Nurburg-Gp circuit and I'm going there , i try to get some laps in.
but even after 5 days of practicing and setting up the car, i can't even get close to the targets the Ai sets for me.
I race against the ai. 100 strength 90 agro 1% variation.
the leader laps at 1:54.xxx and i'm happy when i pull a low 1:57 on them, most laps are high 57's low 58's.

as i try to set my car up for the race and not so for quali. i find it hard to get it right.
those laps i see from yt vids and live footage are blowing my mind.

I always wanted to do some online racing but i'm very reluctant on that subject now with this slow pace i carry.
as a fan of sim racing: I salute you fast racers out there. I really have respect for those skills you all have.

Hi @Dimis
Well if you have a premium membership you can have a driving lesson with Bram as part of the package
he runs them on a Wednesday night. and from the sounds of the last one the guy's knocked of a big chunk in lap times, and ended up with a better understanding of how cars drive in games and online.
Premium membership click me
@Bliv AK i think you just did one of these driving schools and you seem to be driving real good in the club races i assume it helped a lot..:)

Hai all.
And i found out that i'm not the the best setup per.

my fav car Atm is the Porsche rsr-2017. cause i watched the le mans race and now i'm hooked again.
Hey man :)
So you are more an up-setter at the moment... Sorry, Bad pun :ninja::p
Now for real... EDIT: I thought about the Ruf RGT-12 here... The Porsche rsr is one of the hardest cars to drive out there! Little too much throttle, you spin. Little braking while turning, you spin. Little weight shift in general, you spin... But if you can dance it's devil dance it's one of the fastest GTs around :cool:
Then the AI got an update! 100% is now quite fast! And with high aggression it's like they got some hybrid boost when overtaking. Don't get upset about it! Many of us Club racers may be slower than you! :)

If you want me to have a look at your driving (I am not that fast but I have a good look for details, just add me on steam (pm me or use the steam link when you hover on my name).

I will try your combo tomorrow and see what time I can pull!

Last edited:
Hai all.

like the most of you i love to do some laps in AC.
As i am not the fastest driver around, i don't have my expectations set to brake world records here.
And i found out that i'm not the the best set-upper.
But still i like the challenge.

as the next WEC race is on the Nurburg-Gp circuit and I'm going there , i try to get some laps in.
but even after 5 days of practicing and setting up the car, i can't even get close to the targets the Ai sets for me.
the leader laps at 1:54.xxx and i'm happy when i pull a low 1:57 on them, most laps are high 57's low 58's.

as i try to set my car up for the race and not so for quali. i find it hard to get it right.
those laps i see from yt vids and live footage are blowing my mind.

I always wanted to do some online racing but i'm very reluctant on that subject now with this slow pace i carry.
as a fan of sim racing: I salute you fast racers out there. I really have respect for those skills you all have.
Ignore the setup for the moment. The driving style will help a lot and only then you can start changing settings. If you can't push the car to its limit (or very close to it), all the changes you do might be wrong. Post a video or a lap, let's see if your driving lines are good, if you use the pedals in the right way. Don't change the setup, learn to drive the car as it is so that you can control it perfectly. Only then the changes you will do will make you faster.

Hai guys, first of all thanks for your replies @ Rupe, Rasmus, Phil and Bhz.
@Rupe. thanks for the tip. as soon as i find myself capable of faster paced consistent lapping i will certainly pick up a Premium Membership.
@Rasmus, I will add you on steam tonight. could be fun to do some laps in the upcoming week or so.
@phil, those are kind words. I have only driven Forza online and was pretty fast. averaged around 1 1/2 to 2 seconds behind the leader's pace. But that still got me scuffed at and kicked because..... online gaming.
That's were the hesitation is coming from. but i will take your advice and jump in a session or two the next couple of days.
@BhZ. my first 4-5 laps are mostly with a def setup. (gear and initial tire pressure are sometimes changed). and then i try to notice what the car is doing and what i have to learn about the car. to translate this in a working setup can give me a few seconds but not much more.
I will try and make a vid with the porsche on nurburg-gp tonight. with the def setup (that's gonna be fun).
and post it. Some serious ice skating coming in:D

Hai guys, first of all thanks for your replies @ Rupe, Rasmus, Phil and Bhz.
@Rupe. thanks for the tip. as soon as i find myself capable of faster paced consistent lapping i will certainly pick up a Premium Membership.
@Rasmus, I will add you on steam tonight. could be fun to do some laps in the upcoming week or so.
@phil, those are kind words. I have only driven Forza online and was pretty fast. averaged around 1 1/2 to 2 seconds behind the leader's pace. But that still got me scuffed at and kicked because..... online gaming.
That's were the hesitation is coming from. but i will take your advice and jump in a session or two the next couple of days.
@BhZ. my first 4-5 laps are mostly with a def setup. (gear and initial tire pressure are sometimes changed). and then i try to notice what the car is doing and what i have to learn about the car. to translate this in a working setup can give me a few seconds but not much more.
I will try and make a vid with the porsche on nurburg-gp tonight. with the def setup (that's gonna be fun).
and post it. Some serious ice skating coming in:D
Based on my experience, 4-5 laps are not enough. Unless you are a great driver able to drive a car to its limit since the beginning (and i've never met one before, so they are pretty rare), all the changes you've done are probably wrong because you'd be tricked to think that the setup is improving while actually it's your driving style that is better.

Based on my experience, 4-5 laps are not enough. Unless you are a great driver able to drive a car to its limit since the beginning (and i've never met one before, so they are pretty rare), all the changes you've done are probably wrong because you'd be tricked to think that the setup is improving while actually it's your driving style that is better.
I agree and disagree. For the details that is completely true! But if a car is oversteering or understeering and it's like driving on eggs for you then maybe you are a bad driver, but in my opinion it makes more sense to eliminate that until you get used to the car.
After you can go to the limit it's good to go back to default. Because like you said: it's important to be fast with the default setup too. They are very good, mostly :)

I agree and disagree. For the details that is completely true! But if a car is oversteering or understeering and it's like driving on eggs for you then maybe you are a bad driver, but in my opinion it makes more sense to eliminate that until you get used to the car.
After you can go to the limit it's good to go back to default. Because like you said: it's important to be fast with the default setup too. They are very good, mostly :)
True for traditional cars. Sometimes though the car may need to be driven in a particular way in order to be effective and 5 laps are definitely not enough to learn to drive it. Plus, correcting an oversteery/understeery behavious is not always the best way to go fast.

True for traditional cars. Sometimes though the car may need to be driven in a particular way in order to be effective and 5 laps are definitely not enough to learn to drive it. Plus, correcting an oversteery/understeery behavious is not always the best way to go fast.
Yes of course! Funny thing for me the Porsche rsr is one of those "special cars". I really struggle with it's "twitchiness" and oversteering but once I tried to tame it, I was way slower...
I needed 10 laps around the Nordschleife to get used to it and be "fast". Would've been 50 laps on Mugello :roflmao::whistling:

@Bliv AK i think you just did one of these driving schools and you seem to be driving real good in the club races i assume it helped a lot..:)
Hi, sorry for the delayed response. I did find the Driving Academy very useful, some very good tips were shared during the session and they've helped during the club races, that's for sure. Gives me a chance to practice what I've learned.

After trying to record a few laps to send in i started to feel the sense of your comments.
As my recording software is having a real Sunday and refuses to work flawless even for 2 minutes, i noticed my lap times were approaching the slower lap-times of my tuned laps.
as the recording attempts proceeded i find myself driving low 1:58's on the def setup now. 30l fuel, Medium tires, wrong tire pressure. and hardly enough temp in them. i'll update my recording software tomorrow and get that lap in.

my first 4-5 laps are mostly with a def setup.
I'm also new to SimRacing in AC (220 hrs only)
For club races, I spend an hour with the default setup to the point I notice very small changes I make. I chose to jump into club races asap so I could watch the replays and/or see what the fastest guy is doing and I also realised I set my PBs in these events too, the adrenaline makes you do some push just a little bit more.

I'm also new to SimRacing in AC (220 hrs only)
For club races, I spend an hour with the default setup to the point I notice very small changes I make. I chose to jump into club races asap so I could watch the replays and/or see what the fastest guy is doing and I also realised I set my PBs in these events too, the adrenaline makes you do some push just a little bit more.
I often find myself doing my best laptimes during the race. Pushing the car to its limit for a relatively long time makes you do thing automatically and you simply lose the fear of doing something wrong, you simply push the car, probably thinking about something else completely.
After trying to record a few laps to send in i started to feel the sense of your comments.
When i started playing AC, i used to change the setup since the beginning. I'd work on my setup, my laptimes were improving and then one day i'd just go back to the default one because i feel like i could do better starting from the beginning again. What i found out is that i was even faster than with the tweaked setup. That explained quite clearly that working too early on a setup can be dangerous and time-wasting.

Unlike the real world were you have to spend many hours finding a good base setup, with all the pitfalls of the cost involved in acheiving that.
AC has done that for you, i absolutly agree with all that has been writtern by the quick drivers above.
Being one of the midfield (if i am lucky) drivers i even follow what the above have said, i never
Look for gains in time in a setup only to solve problems of the car when i am on "that" circuit.
Sluggish turn in , too much understeer, erratic oversteer , trying to get cold tyres to run hotter
Is one of the more difficult things to achieve, rarely suffer from trying to get tyres to run cooler.

I don't know but i think some driver push a lot of heat in their tyres by forcing the car into the corners, if i try that i'm off, but thats only conjecture on my part.

Another thing that i do is look at the whole race, a twichy car can make for a fast lap
but may not get you to the end of the race without loosing more time than you gained
In your one or two quick laps.
When you start out " thats me too" you think there is some magical setup that makes you fast
( maybe there is, but i do not think so ) some driver, may be you with practice are just quick.
If there is a secret i think the fast driver just add 1 or 2 mph in every corner carring that down every straight and if you imagine you are cornering at 60 mph it is very difficult to see an extra
2 mph but that can make 2 to 3 seconds a lap, because on circuits that you do not max out your speed that 2 mph is added to the whole circuit. ( and that is equivalent to someone walking very slowly ) "imagine that against an average speed of 120mph in a lap"
So as said buy the guys above , use base setup , get as fast as you can ( make sure its not you that is causing the cars handling problem) , then try and sort out any problems.

And after that, if you wish try and "gain" time on setup.

After all that, then you will understand why some people put so many unseen hours in practising.

Sorry about all the waffling above woke up too early and got bored.

I did a little test run this morning in the RSR (10 laps, then recording). Wednesday we visit the Nürburgring with the Audi TTs so why not train a bit.
Well here is the video of a few laps: LINK

Have fun laughing at me :roflmao::whistling:
To my defense I never really liked this track and don't know many tracks yet in general. Only did the endurance layout a few times...
I think you would be fine to join us in the Friendly Events since I'm usually driving in the midfield.

4 seconds man... thanks for making me feel like the biggest slowpoke :cry::inlove:

This has prompted me to ask:-

Is there a way of comparing other people's speed data against your own data, this is referring to
The graphic data displayed in the " in game " menu. Never managed to get it to work properly.
Feel a bit guilty asking this, may seem a bit like cheating.

I did a little test run this morning in the RSR (10 laps, then recording). Wednesday we visit the Nürburgring with the Audi TTs so why not train a bit.
Well here is the video of a few laps: LINK

Have fun laughing at me :roflmao::whistling:
To my defense I never really liked this track and don't know many tracks yet in general. Only did the endurance layout a few times...
I think you would be fine to join us in the Friendly Events since I'm usually driving in the midfield.

4 seconds man... thanks for making me feel like the biggest slowpoke :cry::inlove:

Oh how i feel like the dumbest newb around now. I had the track description wrong. As the Gte's aren't driving the GP track but the GT track. That means you are going down to second gear on the last chicane and on the GT track it's a high 3rd or low 4 iff you are feeling gutsy.
Oh boy.... I am so sorry for wasting your time and effort in trying to help me out.:(:sick::speechless:

Oh how i feel like the dumbest newb around now. I had the track description wrong. As the Gte's aren't driving the GP track but the GT track. That means you are going down to second gear on the last chicane and on the GT track it's a high 3rd or low 4 iff you are feeling gutsy.
Oh boy.... I am so sorry for wasting your time and effort in trying to help me out.:(:sick::speechless:
Absolutely no reason to! I actually like to get a "challenge" given. It motivates to spend some time in the cockpit :)
I have to learn the GP layout either way for wednesday race!
I will check the GT layout then :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 112 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years