AC Amateurs: Tatuus FA01 @ Mugello - Tuesday 15th August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yeah. I just tried going from 11/6 to both 9/5 and 13/7 and they were pretty similar, with 13/7 probably being a little faster. I'm not consistent enough to be sure that 11/6 is actually faster than 13/7.
Btw, I'm currently favouring ARBs at 25/2... Not sure I have the stamina to test different front ARB settings now :)

Maybe we do every track with the current limitations and if the car still gets interest we open up the rest and already have a full setup directory:)
Yeah I definitely think the current limitations are fine for us 'amateurs'. It seems there's already plenty to discuss and get our heads around as I think we've found out from this thread ;)
The car so far feels great, a very good training car, and completely different to the other cars we might be graduating from in the friendly races. As much as I'd love to jump into a 458 or maybe even the Mazda 787 for example, I think for now the Tatuus is a great car in which to learn the intricacies of basic setup.
Maybe if we just play it by ear and see how we get on after a few races with the current limitations, we can review this again later and maybe open up some more options?

To the arb = slow grip (mechanical), aero = fast grip:
I can really feel a really soft front arb while driving. I turn in and you can feel how the front is bending to one side, it needs a little moment and then the oversteering starts to kick in. After straightening the wheel out, the car wants to stay cornering. I can feel how the chassis bends back to normal then.

So in short: softer arb = slower turn in but more oversteer mid to end of corner!

A high front wing setting is quite different. I turn in and the front just BITES into the tarmac! Almost instant turn in, then I need to balance things out because the rear gets a bit lose. This stays until the end of the turn, no "lag" as with the arb.
But if I get oversteering, it just SNAPS!

So we are all the same opinion: The default Tatuus is understeering a LOT!
Then we have to mix the aggressive grip from the front wing with the lose but more oversteering setting of the front arb.
If we find a good mix but we still have a bit of understeering, but the front is already quite lose, we can raise the rear arb to go against understeering by just making the rear a bit stiffer.
Problem with that is that we lose a bit of mechanical grip at the rear. It doesn't SNAP anymore but starts to slide earlier...
Gonna test all your settings today, seems we are all on the same path, slightly different "mixing" but it results in similar car behavior and speed :inlove:
I just hope the drivers who didn't/don't say a word about it will find it helpful and get motivated to play around too, instead of getting put off :)

Maybe we need some suspension setting to get a perfect result :whistling::roflmao::sneaky:

Maybe we need some suspension setting to get a perfect result :whistling::roflmao::sneaky:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :roflmao:

Nice summary btw re the difference between arb and wings. Your description backs up what I was starting to notice when tweaking the various settings.

Hopefully people shouldn't be put off. It's nice to have the opportunity to adjust some of the settings and start to learn what effect they have, but of course not everyone has the time (or inclination perhaps) to construct a decent setup from scratch, or to go through analysing the effects of the different parameters.

If anything then, it probably makes it more accessible having a good baseline setup as an option to just 'plug and play', and use available practice time instead to learn the best lines / braking points etc. This thread got a bit lengthy maybe, but a good starting setup is in here somewhere ;)

But then if you do want to, there's always the option of diving in a bit deeper...'horses for courses' so to speak :)

Last edited:
I added my setup to the OP :)
I tested different arb settings combined with aero etc. All suggestions on a few laps.
My summary:
- Aero: 7 on the rear seems to be the most planted setting without losing top speed. Def. better than 6 and faster than 8!.
I tried 10-14 at the front, 12 is the most balanced without snapping oversteer!

- ARBs: Tried 0-2 at the rear and while 1 feels really nice, I spun out a few times. Didn't happen with 0 so it's 0 for me!
The front is more difficult to decide. A lower settings results in theoretically faster corners but I couldn't handle the mid corner oversteer when turning the wheel too much. A stiffer front ARB resulted in a bit slower cornering speed, slightly understeer but also combined with the high front aero: The Tatuus reacted too fast for me when the rear wanted to step out!

Final setup:
12/7 Wings and 27/0 ARBs.

Note: the psi is too low on the first lap but evens out very well after 1-2 laps. Don't wonder :)
Also the mediums were melting after 2 laps so it's hards for me, even in Qualifying!

I added my setup to the OP :)
I tested different arb settings combined with aero etc. All suggestions on a few laps.
My summary:
- Aero: 7 on the rear seems to be the most planted setting without losing top speed. Def. better than 6 and faster than 8!.
I tried 10-14 at the front, 12 is the most balanced without snapping oversteer!

- ARBs: Tried 0-2 at the rear and while 1 feels really nice, I spun out a few times. Didn't happen with 0 so it's 0 for me!
The front is more difficult to decide. A lower settings results in theoretically faster corners but I couldn't handle the mid corner oversteer when turning the wheel too much. A stiffer front ARB resulted in a bit slower cornering speed, slightly understeer but also combined with the high front aero: The Tatuus reacted too fast for me when the rear wanted to step out!

Final setup:
12/7 Wings and 27/0 ARBs.

Note: the psi is too low on the first lap but evens out very well after 1-2 laps. Don't wonder :)
Also the mediums were melting after 2 laps so it's hards for me, even in Qualifying!
Hard for qualifying? Are you sure? Mediums definitely last 3 laps and if managed well should result in a better laptime.

Hard for qualifying? Are you sure? Mediums definitely last 3 laps and if managed well should result in a better laptime.
Tried it. Maybe I got an even higher temperature session but after I spun out without the slightest chance at the end of the long fast double righthander because the rear left got full red, I decided to go with hards.
But yes, maybe mediums for qualifying if we get a slightly lower temperature session. Not that hard to change, 1 psi less at all wheels and it fits:)

Tried it. Maybe I got an even higher temperature session but after I spun out without the slightest chance at the end of the long fast double righthander because the rear left got full red, I decided to go with hards.
But yes, maybe mediums for qualifying if we get a slightly lower temperature session. Not that hard to change, 1 psi less at all wheels and it fits:)
Slow outlap, fast qualy lap. The tires won't get that red at the arrabbiata on the first fast lap.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back