AC Amateurs: Tatuus FA01 @ Mugello - Tuesday 15th August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

RasmusP

Premium
fabarth_amateurs-png.203547

Join us for a fun evening of open wheeled club racing action and setup basics.

Wait? What is this?
This event is meant to be the step between the normal Club Races and the Friendly Events.
That means an easy to drive car with clear racing affinity and a slightly open setup (tires, brakes, anti-roll-bars and wings).
The goal of this event is to get used to play with the basics of the car setup without getting too technical about it.

Who can join?
All premium members using their full REAL NAME in the forum, servers and teamspeak

can sign up for this event and a maximum of two servers available for this event.
Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU (Tatuus FA01) #2 (server 1 entry list)
  • RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU (Tatuus FA01) #3 (server 2 entry list) 10 or more drivers required to run a second server
Cars: Tatuus FA01
Track: Mugello (5245m) (24)

Fixed Setup:
Default ; Fuel, Tire Pressures, Compound, Brake Bias, ARBs and BOTH WINGS adjustable
Driving Assists: Factory: no ABS, no TC (Give me Feedback if you want ABS enabled in the future)
Jump Start: = Drive through penalty
App: Helicorsa 0.6 Download
App: ACRL Fuel 1.2 Download
Assetto Corsa Car Setup Directory

Schedule (EU): Tuesday, 15.08.2017
Practice:
19:00 GMT (30 minutes)*
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 1: 19:50 GMT (20 minutes)
Race 2: 20:10 GMT (20 minutes) reversed grid!

Schedule (Other timezones):
Practice: 15:00 EDT
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT
Race: 16:00 EDT

*Note that daylight savings are active. 19:00 GMT = 20:00 BST = 21:00 CEST.

Entry List
  1. RasmusP
  2. @Paul Glover
  3. @DJ Ballistic
  4. @RainhamIron
  5. @PsychOXRat
  6. @Buster
  7. @HO7DOG
  8. @tvr2k10
  9. @Neilski
  10. @Llorch Durden
  11. @lunzer33
  12. @Rob Sharp
  13. @stubbsey
  14. @Darky86
  15. @David Antonaya
  16. Eddy
  17. @Ken Verhagen
  18. @fillykdz
  19. @Firescan
  20. @Piotr
  21. @JoelK
  22. @Dath_Po
  23. @Roberto Dominici
  24. @vanson77
UTP #138 RP

Reserves:
  1. @dmatika
  2. @Manher
  3. @metaDp

Note: we are trying a second Race with reversed grid this time!
20min Qualfying

20min Race 1
20min Race 2 (full reversed)

Many slots open, come join us in this adventure! :)

Due to the long and well discussion about the perfect setup, I'm uploading what I'm gonna use for the race!
Try Mediums with -1 psi overall for Qualifying!

Attachments

• Race_Base_Setup.RasmusP.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Sign me up please

well that race at spain was great bar the spinning car who i hit, look forward to mugello so sign me up please thx.

I'm in, wish we could adjust rear aero as I feel like we need a bit more freedom on the setups
Yeah I need to try what has more influence and what has not. I feel like Toe and ARBs doesn't do anything on this car... So maybe lock them up again and just open the wings and maybe dampers or something.
I want to give us freedom, without a big impact to the lap times....

In pls ...thanks

Hopefully will have my mic working so I am able to speak/answer this time ...
Would be nice :)
I'll try my luck again ... if I'm still welcome after my blackout at Barcelona
Of course you are, you didn't disadvantage someone and just drove off. The spinning cars were going past you and Scott didn't spin after you jumped at him:cautious::laugh:
His POV of that is awesome btw :roflmao:

Signing you up now:thumbsup:

Yeah I need to try what has more influence and what has not. I feel like Toe and ARBs doesn't do anything on this car... So maybe lock them up again and just open the wings and maybe dampers or something.
I want to give us freedom, without a big impact to the lap times
Imho wings and arb are the most important. Keep those, lock the rest.

I found the ARBs made a bit of difference at Barcelona, I had the front around 30 which made the front end more reactive to steering to me than when it was at 20, I had tried different settings during practice, including 15, and the difference was quite large to me personally

Did you actually changed the arb in Barcelona? Maybe you could post your setup you used yesterday? Would be very interesting! :)
I usually change the arb and it makes quite a difference. Yesterday, since i had no time, i only changed the front wing to 11 and adjusted the tire pressure. At silverstone i remember i reduced the front arb to 25-20 and it gave me 4 tenths just with that.

I usually change the arb and it makes quite a difference. Yesterday, since i had no time, i only changed the front wing to 11 and adjusted the tire pressure. At silverstone i remember i reduced the front arb to 25-20 and it gave me 4 tenths just with that.
Ah okay :)
Then it's ARB and both wings at Mugello. Shouldn't need too much tinkering!

Sign me up pls!

I had the front around 30 which made the front end more reactive to steering to me than when it was at 20
OK, now I'm confused - I thought that decreasing front ARB should make the front end more responsive, not increasing it. Am I mixed up or did you mean to say the numbers the other way around?

Sign me up pls!

OK, now I'm confused - I thought that decreasing front ARB should make the front end more responsive, not increasing it. Am I mixed up or did you mean to say the numbers the other way around?
Gonna sign you up later when not on the phone :)
To ARBs: the lower the setting the more the body can roll and the more grip you will have. Therefore also less understeer or more oversteer. But you will also lose a bit of responsiveness due to that roll.

increase front arb: understeering (less grip) + faster response
decrease front arb: oversteering (more grip) + slower response

Just to add my 10 cents worth, I managed a 1:45.70 on mediums with:

Front wing: 9
Front toe: 8
Rear toe: 7
Front ARB: 30 (although I didn't try any lower)
Rear ARB: 1

I had offline ambient temp set to 23c which I think was a bit lower than the online session as I had to drop the tyre pressures for the race last night (due I guess to higher temps). Tyres at 23c ambient in any case were set to optimise the operating pressures according to sidekick and were as follows:

LF: 15
RF: 18
LR: 14
RR: 15

Everything else was as per the online session, e.g. ABS off etc etc. I'm sure this lap could have been quicker though as my braking and overall consistency are still very much "work in progress" ;)

The setup though seemed to give good pace especially through the quick corners. The front end was quite pointy so had a nice bite, the rear was possibly a bit loose, or maybe that was just my dodgy throttle control! Seemed nicely balanced in any case.

Just to add my 10 cents worth, I managed a 1:45.70 on mediums with:

Front wing: 9
Front toe: 8
Rear toe: 7
Front ARB: 30 (although I didn't try any lower)
Rear ARB: 1

I had offline ambient temp set to 23c which I think was a bit lower than the online session as I had to drop the tyre pressures for the race last night (due I guess to higher temps). Tyres at 23c ambient in any case were set to optimise the operating pressures according to sidekick and were as follows:

LF: 15
RF: 18
LR: 14
RR: 15

Everything else was as per the online session, e.g. ABS off etc etc. I'm sure this lap could have been quicker though as my braking and overall consistency are still very much "work in progress" ;)

The setup though seemed to give good pace especially through the quick corners. The front end was quite pointy so had a nice bite, the rear was possibly a bit loose, or maybe that was just my dodgy throttle control! Seemed nicely balanced in any case.
Thanks for sharing, that's what I wanna see in this "amateurs" event series :)
Little note: the Rear Wing is also open. Edited the OP :)
Ambient will be around 33°C like the real weather and Track a bit hotter than Barcelona, around 45°C.
And yes, when I still run these events in December it's gonna be -5°C on Nurburgring :p:speechless:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%