AC Amateurs: Tatuus FA01 @ Mugello - Tuesday 15th August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just a note on tire compounds for quali. Maybe it's just an accident, I set my fastest lap while on softs on my second consecutive hotlap, ambient temp was 23C and 2 of the three tires were showing bright red but pressures were 25/26 except front right which was green and 24. Wings were set at 12 front and 5 rear. ARB was 20 front and 0 rear. Time was a 1:46:04x

Just a note on tire compounds for quali. Maybe it's just an accident, I set my fastest lap while on softs on my second consecutive hotlap, ambient temp was 23C and 2 of the three tires were showing bright red but pressures were 25/26 except front right which was green and 24. Wings were set at 12 front and 5 rear. ARB was 20 front and 0 rear. Time was a 1:46:04x
Good lap! What happens though if you increase the ambient to around 33c where it's due to be in the race? For me anyway it's pretty tricky keeping the mediums down to a workable temp at 32/33 let alone the softs. Or maybe just try a few laps on the server, grip is also reduced there of course.

Good lap! What happens though if you increase the ambient to around 33c where it's due to be in the race? For me anyway it's pretty tricky keeping the mediums down to a workable temp at 32/33 let alone the softs. Or maybe just try a few laps on the server, grip is also reduced there of course.
I forgot about the ambient temp oops. And I lapped substantially slower, I need some more practice and I cranked the wings up a degree each but nowhere near a 1:46:xxx

Sign me up please
Adding you now! :)

@RasmusP - seems that my sign up from post #60 has been overlooked:cry:
I went through the pages yesterday again to prevent exactly that from happening. I'm so sorry:cry::cry::unsure::inlove:
Thanks for bringing it up! You are on the list now! :cool:

In, if it's ok that i might miss first 15min's of practice
No problem! The rules are saying that all drivers must be on the server and on TS when Qualy starts.
Of course it's preferable to be there at practice, but no problem if a few drivers be a bit late :):thumbsup:
Adding you now!

My experience so far has been that at 33°C, I can just get the mediums to stay at OK temps for 3 laps, but I still can't quite go faster than on the hards...
I agree though that if we end up with a cool session, mediums might win. It's also possible that it's just my driving style that means I can't go faster on the mediums. On balance though I'll probably keep it simple and do qually on hards.
(Btw, with times like that @Rob Sharp you need to post a replay so we can all learn from your lines ;):p)

I forgot about the ambient temp oops. And I lapped substantially slower, I need some more practice and I cranked the wings up a degree each but nowhere near a 1:46:xxx
Also, if I may, the standard "road base temp" is lower than the ambient. So when applying 30°C ambient, the game applies 22°C or something like that.
I searched for the Track temperatures at Monza and for them in general in reality and the more sun and the higher the ambient, the higher the track goes in comparison.
So we have about 45°C Track temperature for this race! That's... A LOT! :barefoot::p

Yup, it's crazy high! ;)

Glancing back at some of my screenshots during testing, I got air/track temps of 10/14, 31/44, 33/47. So yeah, the differential widens quite a lot. (I'm confused about what you said regarding 30 ambient maps to 22, but I'm probably misunderstanding.)

Btw @BhZ, given that you're still on hols (I think) is it possible that you're underestimating just how hot the track is when you say that mediums should still be quicker? Maybe you've driven at these temps before of course.

Yup, it's crazy high! ;)

Glancing back at some of my screenshots during testing, I got air/track temps of 10/14, 31/44, 33/47. So yeah, the differential widens quite a lot. (I'm confused about what you said regarding 30 ambient maps to 22, but I'm probably misunderstanding.)

Btw @BhZ, given that you're still on hols (I think) is it possible that you're underestimating just how hot the track is when you say that mediums should still be quicker? Maybe you've driven at these temps before of course.
Yeah it's difficult to understand my words if you are not familiar with the server manager. You have ambient temp box and a road base temp box. Then there is a greyed box "road base differential temp" which gives you a recommendation for the road base temp. If you don't touch the road temp box, it Auto fills.
Auto filling and the recommendation is mostly something lower than the ambient at high temperatures. I think this time it was -9! I set it to +12, oops :)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm gonna have to try hards too with low fuel. In my race setup on hards with over 30 litres of fuel, I was virtually matching my quali time on mediums with low fuel. Probably just means my quali sim laps were rubbish, but hey...something isn't quite right there :rolleyes:;)

My experience so far has been that at 33°C, I can just get the mediums to stay at OK temps for 3 laps, but I still can't quite go faster than on the hards...
I agree though that if we end up with a cool session, mediums might win. It's also possible that it's just my driving style that means I can't go faster on the mediums. On balance though I'll probably keep it simple and do qually on hards.
(Btw, with times like that @Rob Sharp you need to post a replay so we can all learn from your lines ;):p)
Can't say I consistently pump in those times unfortunately and I'm mid 1:47s with the higher temperature. I think I'm going to run hard tires for the race, I can't make the mediums last even though for me at least they're a way faster tire for at least the first 7 laps.

Hi all!
Its my first time here and i have some question for tomorrow race.
Its necessary get in the teamspeak group?
When i could know the server pass?
Im trying to get in the server to practice but i cant find it, its opened?
Sorry for my english! Thx!

'amateurs' heh?

I signed up to those label, but I have tried car/track this morning and I see I have problems breaking 1:50 barrier so classes behind 1:47ish laptimes talked about here. Is there 'real amateurs' class available? LOL

Anyway, great reading posts here. Lots of valuable and practical comments on setup.

I look forward to the race despite expecting to be a backmarker.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back