AC Amateurs: Tatuus FA01 @ Mugello - Tuesday 15th August 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fixed Setup: Default ; Fuel, Tire Pressures, Compound, Brake Bias, ARBs and BOTH WINGS adjustable
Driving Assists: Factory: no ABS, no TC (Give me Feedback if you want ABS enabled in the future)
Does this mean that TOE isn't adjustable for this race? Am about to try and do some practice...

EDIT: I realised the server was up and indeed toe is locked on it. The temperature on the practice server is lower than you mentioned above though Rasmus. Maybe a typo in one place or the other?

Aaaanyway, the headline news is that (esp. after the slidey Lotus!!) the Tatuus is a joy to drive around Mugello, even with the default setup! :D
I will now attempt in my amateur way to improve on the defaults...

Last edited:
Does this mean that TOE isn't adjustable for this race? Am about to try and do some practice...

EDIT: I realised the server was up and indeed toe is locked on it. The temperature on the practice server is lower than you mentioned above though Rasmus. Maybe a typo in one place or the other?

Aaaanyway, the headline news is that (esp. after the slidey Lotus!!) the Tatuus is a joy to drive around Mugello, even with the default setup! :D
I will now attempt in my amateur way to improve on the defaults...
While i usually start from the default setup, in this car i suggest to start with the front wing at 10-11. Reduce it if the car is unstable. Aero may also change the tire pressure, so remember to check it every time you change values.

To the temperature:
I put in these values to the server but it works like that:
Ambient temp= 33
Road differential= 12

But then you have ambient variation and track variation so you end up with different temperatures each session.
If you don't like that I can fix the temps:)

While i usually start from the default setup, in this car i suggest to start with the front wing at 10-11.
:confused: Wow! I was going the other way on this track, cos the car was sufficiently planted that the first aero setting I tried after the default was 0/0 :) (To be fair, on other tracks I've found the FA so understeery I couldn't enjoy it until I made a lot of changes.) If you've done any practice, maybe you can PM me a representative lap time so I can see where I am. Right now my best lap with a tweaked setup is only marginally better than on defaults.

But then you have ambient variation and track variation so you end up with different temperatures each session.
If you don't like that I can fix the temps
Ahh, yes of course. I forgot about the random element. No need to bother fixing it, I'd say.

@RainhamIron did you do your 1:45.xxx at Mugello or at Barcelona? Did a little bit of practice yesterday and tried to get down to 1:45.xxx and NO CHANCE :confused:
So if you did it at Mugello: hands down man :notworthy:

@RainhamIron did you do your 1:45.xxx at Mugello or at Barcelona? Did a little bit of practice yesterday and tried to get down to 1:45.xxx and NO CHANCE :confused:
I think he did it at barcelona if i remember correctly. It's still a great time since mugello and barcelona have similar laptimes

Hehe, yeah it was Barcelona so probably no need for the :notworthy:,;)
It was offline practice using the online settings, albeit with the lower ambient temp of 23c. It was a pretty decent lap, just not sure if I could repeat it too often though due to the much discussed consistency issues. Speaking of which I'll need to do a few practice laps of Mugello too when I get the chance!

Hehe, yeah it was Barcelona so probably no need for the :notworthy:,;)
It was offline practice using the online settings, albeit with the lower ambient temp of 23c. It was a pretty decent lap, just not sure if I could repeat it too often though due to the much discussed consistency issues. Speaking of which I'll need to do a few practice laps of Mugello too when I get the chance!
I just did and while I 100% agree of not posting lap times in the friendly events, I'm not sure if it's favoring the thought behind the "Amateurs" events...

I want us to share the setups, talk about it etc. and we just NEED the times for it.

What do you think about it? I'm just gonna start another poll :roflmao:

So how about this:
One is only allowed to post a lap time, if the setup is provided with it! :p:cool:

Here is my more or less final setup:

- compound: Medium

[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=13

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=14

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=12

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=13

[WING_1]
VALUE=10

[WING_2]
VALUE=6

[ARB_FRONT]
VALUE=20

[ARB_REAR]
VALUE=1

Brake power = 87%

Attachments

• Qualy_RasmusP_high_1.48.xxx.ini
    1.4 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
@RasmusP
EDIT: Practice more, you can do better than that ;)
giphy.gif

So anyway I tried a few laps and can assure you I got nowhere near a 1:45 :roflmao:
After getting used to the Lotus, it felt like I was going really really :ninja: fast, but then I was still not quite matching the best times of the AI.
I tried a few setup variations, and found something like the @BhZ suggestion to give decent bite into the corners and reasonable stability, but maybe I'll experiment a bit more and see what happens...

So how about this:
One is only allowed to post a lap time, if the setup is provided with it!

This sounds fine to me, after all ultimate laptimes (at amateur level anyway) are influenced more by the driver than by the setups, so even with a perfect setup you still have to be able to exploit it fully to be up there at the top ;)
Edit: I think I might have missed the point here originally, maybe this was more to do with people being put off by others posting fast times before the event? Still fine with that anyway, just means that there'll be plenty of opportunity to learn something.
In any case, representative laptimes (albeit I imagine with optimum conditions and fully open setups) can be found by checking RSR so you can kind of figure out roughly where you are that way.

One thing I noticed was that at these high ambient temperature, even the mediums were starting to overheat within a couple of laps, so yeah I think it has to be the hard for the races! My full fuel race setup laptime on hards wasn't massively far away from my best qualy sim time in any case :O_o:

Last edited:
So anyway I tried a few laps and can assure you I got nowhere near a 1:45 :roflmao:

In any case, representative laptimes (albeit I imagine with optimum conditions and fully open setups) can be found by checking RSR so you can kind of figure out roughly where you are that way.
Glad to hear I'm not suddenly totally slow :roflmao::inlove:
I had a look at RSR too and it's full of 1.46:xxx :confused: But yeah, I guess they are with way lower ambient temp. since RSR deleted many laptimes done below 10°C in the past!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%