Advanced Gamepad Assist

Misc Advanced Gamepad Assist 1.4.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey, thanks for the updates! I was wondering if it's possible to have to the shifting modes based on the transmission type? For example, if I have it set to manual, it works just fine on a manual car, but then it behaves off on a car with a sequential. It's really no trouble to just change it manually, considering all the other things I'll probably fiddle with before driving anyway. But it would be a nice QOL feature.

Hey, thanks for the updates! I was wondering if it's possible to have to the shifting modes based on the transmission type? For example, if I have it set to manual, it works just fine on a manual car, but then it behaves off on a car with a sequential. It's really no trouble to just change it manually, considering all the other things I'll probably fiddle with before driving anyway. But it would be a nice QOL feature.

What's the problem with sequential cars? I wasn't aware.

Hi! I've been using this mod for a while now and i love it! I would like to know what could be the most realistic settings that could work with most cars. Thanks in advance!

Hi! I've been using this mod for a while now and i love it! I would like to know what could be the most realistic settings that could work with most cars. Thanks in advance!

The settings aren't really about "realism", they are more about emulating what your driving style would be on a wheel. But I guess the main thing that could make it unrealistic is the steering rate being too high.
The default settings should work well for most things though, hence why they are the defaults. But you can try the presets too and see what you like. It's mostly preference.

Last edited:
The settings aren't really about "realism", they are more about emulating what your driving style would be on a wheel. But I guess the main thing that could make it unrealistic is the steering rate being too high.
The default setting should work well for most things though, hence why they are the defaults. But you can try the presets too and see what you like. It's mostly preference.
Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Hi Adam! Thank you for our incredible work!

I use it on a PS5 controller and it's quite fluid and customizable, and remarkably effective for drifting, which I'm very happy about, so thank you again you deserve all the support from this community.
However I was wondering if you could add a “Shutoko” preset? For the moment I'm using the "Stable" preset and it already works wonderfully but I feel like we could go a little further in customizing things.

I don't yet understand all the settings precisely even after trying to tweak the sliders in all directions to make my own settings, I don't really understand all the subtleties that you implemented in the latest versions due to the fact that I'm new in the world of simracing and cars in general... I'm a bit stuck at this level.

It would be cool if we could directly implement a preset for SRP players on the controller which would be optimized in the best possible way by the one who best masters these aspects, since he is the creator.

I will be greatly grateful to you :inlove:

Hi Adam! Thank you for our incredible work!

I use it on a PS5 controller and it's quite fluid and customizable, and remarkably effective for drifting, which I'm very happy about, so thank you again you deserve all the support from this community.
However I was wondering if you could add a “Shutoko” preset? For the moment I'm using the "Stable" preset and it already works wonderfully but I feel like we could go a little further in customizing things.

I don't yet understand all the settings precisely even after trying to tweak the sliders in all directions to make my own settings, I don't really understand all the subtleties that you implemented in the latest versions due to the fact that I'm new in the world of simracing and cars in general... I'm a bit stuck at this level.

It would be cool if we could directly implement a preset for SRP players on the controller which would be optimized in the best possible way by the one who best masters these aspects, since he is the creator.

I will be greatly grateful to you :inlove:

There's nothing special about the Shutoko map, just use whatever settings or presets feel good to you.
I've been thinking about simplifying the descriptions in the next update though. Also, there are GIFs in the config guide, those might help as well.

Last edited:
There's nothing special about the Shutoko map, just use whatever settings or presets feel good to you.
I've been thinking about simplifying the descriptions in the next update though. Also, there are GIFs in the config guide, those might help as well.

Oh, I didn't realize there was a github for this project! Amazing.
The description and the gifs have been useful to me in fine-tuning my shutoko setup and I plan to share them soon once everything is perfect :thumbsup: It's already so cool on the controller that my desire for the T300RS is diminishing by the day :roflmao:

It's true that everyone has different preferences when it comes to the car's behavior, but are there any particular settings that you'd recommend to play with for traffic waving on Shutoko? :O_o:

Also, it would be nice to create a place where everyone could share their setups (and why not, at the same time, add an option to import/export one in AGAssist).
I know it's a lot of work to keep a mod up to date, but I think a lot of people like me would be willing to support your work to the extent of their own means, I looked around a bit but couldn't find you on Patreon, it's a shame because your work is a nugget for the community of joystick players, who can now compete without trembling with players who own racing wheels! :sneaky:

sadly i cant get the app game HUD to work. everything is set up and the script even works, but the in-game app shows this error

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.png
    2.png
    694.4 KB · Views: 8
Is there a way to make the steering input have less effect on self steering? If I steer all the way to one side, accelerate and break traction the steering remains straight, but I want it to countersteer less instead. If there is a way to achieve this by dividing or multiplying a value in the lua files, that would be enough as well. :)

Is there a way to make the steering input have less effect on self steering? If I steer all the way to one side, accelerate and break traction the steering remains straight, but I want it to countersteer less instead. If there is a way to achieve this by dividing or multiplying a value in the lua files, that would be enough as well. :)

When you fully turn inward then it's the dynamic limit reduction that will act more or less like self steer, so try increasing that if you want something similar to self steer when you steer into a slide.

But it's not possible to make it actually countersteer while you fully turn inward. You can always steer inward a little bit at least. This is to avoid you fully pushing the stick left but the car steering to the right for example, that would make it feel like the assist is restricting you too much.

A bit unrelated, but you could try using a view that hides the steering wheel (like the dashboard cam) and just focus on how your inputs make the car move without being distracted by how the steering wheel rotates. Sometimes I find that useful to tune things by feel.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea