AC Advanced Driver Academy 29Jan18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I've been lurking on this forum for over two years now, I think it's time to join in on the fun so please add my name to the reserve list in a Porsche.

View attachment 231986
Brand new to RD is our new Advanced Driver Academy. New Premium Member or just need a little help? Unsure about everything you need to get started and be comfortable? Let us help you with anything regarding racing here at RD. We'll cover everything from Assetto Corsa game settings, Setups, Teamspeak or whatever you would like to know. We'll be using the Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 and the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport so you can jump straight into Tuesday's Social Event races and be ready to go.

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think would benefit!!! Space is limited.

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)

Server Name:
  • RaceDepartment.com US Advanced Driver Academy #20
Cars:
Track: Spa Franchorchamps (7004m)
Driving Assists: ABS, TC, Tire blankets
Jump Start: = NA
Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7b Download

Schedule (US): Monday 29Jan18
Practice:
20:00 EST (90 mins)

Schedule (Other timezones):
Practice: Tuesday | 01:00 GMT | 12:00 AEDT

Entry List
  1. Bobby Pennington
  2. Brewer
  3. Buster
  4. raptor1958
  5. QuakerTN
  6. singletonself - Porsche
  7. Andrew Scott - Maserati
  8. Isaac Chavira - Maserati
  9. Azure Flare
  10. rikirk - Maserati
  11. DingoStarr
  12. FlyGasm
Reserve List
  1. Free slot
  2. Free slot

UTP # 34 BP
My Cayman and I would love to join!

I'd really love to have you, but you have to be a Premium Member to join. We have an absolute blast running anything with 4 wheels and my Hooligans are the best. Come on and take the plunge:) It's the best 10 bucks I've ever spent on a hobby:thumbsup:
Oh, sorry. I gave $10 a couple of years ago for the basic course but was never scheduled. Guess I thought it might apply here.

Would love to have you, but you have to be a Premium Member. Thanks for understanding

LOL, I did not realize my Premium Membership had run out of time. I am a Premium Member again now. Thank you for understanding my memory laps. It comes with old age.

Edit ;
I just read this class will be tought again in two weeks and what date the class will be posted.
I hope I get a chance then, thank you Bobby.

Last edited:
LOL, I did not realize my Premium Membership had run out of time. I am a Premium Member again now. Thank you for understanding my memory laps. It comes with old age.
You're welcome. That makes 2 of us old geezers that are forgetful. I'm blonde to add insult to injury so I may have you one up'd :D

We're going to be doing these every 2 weeks so be on the lookout for the next one. We do a EU one at 20:00GMT which is 3:00 p.m. EST for you and of course our US one later that same day at 8:00 p.m. EST. I sure hope to see you around. We've got a great group of guys, but I'm not so sure about their leader:cautious::D I think he's lost his marbles. Played with 'em too much when I was younger:p

BTW I put you on the reserve list just in case.

Great!!! And thank you Bobby for putting me on the reserve list. I need help with my times getting through a chicane. I have raced online here before and the chicanes just killed my lap times.

Great!!! And thank you Bobby for putting me on the reserve list. I need help with my times getting through a chicane. I have raced online here before and the chicanes just killed my lap times.
You're welcome. Just a quick note about those pesky chicanes. Usually you have to sacrifice one part of it for the other. If you approach a chicane that has a straight after it, especially a long straight, you want to make sure your exit out of the chicane is as good as it can be to maximize your speed down the straight. You may already know this, but I just thought it may help.

@Bobby Pennington
Hey mate, not sure if you remember the other day, I said that if there was less experienced guys not able to get a spot I'd drop out so they could have the spot and benefit from the tuition, well I'm going to relinquish my spot so you can add one of the reserve guys in my place:thumbsup:

Ive been around the paddock a few years now:whistling:, and don't need the help that urgently and I don't mind waiting till the initial rush for tuition wains somewhat. I'd be happy to assist if there's anything I can help with though:cautious::D

Bobby I'm going to be in the Porsche.:thumbsup: Also apologies for barging into your conversation the other day on Teamspeak. I haven't used TS in a few years, so I was just checking to see how it was going to work with the Oculus mic. I was trying to remember how to config everything and blasting into channels unintentionally making an arse of myself. :D :cautious:

@Bobby Pennington
Hey mate, not sure if you remember the other day, I said that if there was less experienced guys not able to get a spot I'd drop out so they could have the spot and benefit from the tuition, well I'm going to relinquish my spot so you can add one of the reserve guys in my place:thumbsup:

Ive been around the paddock a few years now:whistling:, and don't need the help that urgently and I don't mind waiting till the initial rush for tuition wains somewhat. I'd be happy to assist if there's anything I can help with though:cautious::D
Thank you Andrew. That's very understanding and kind of you:inlove::thumbsup:

@Dave Slee you have been moved from the reserve list and into the class. We'll see you on Monday:)

Bobby I'm going to be in the Porsche.:thumbsup: Also apologies for barging into your conversation the other day on Teamspeak. I haven't used TS in a few years, so I was just checking to see how it was going to work with the Oculus mic. I was trying to remember how to config everything and blasting into channels unintentionally making an arse of myself. :D :cautious:
Thanks for letting me know. No apology needed, but I appreciate it. It's why we're here and do what we do;)

Our Format will be as follows:

Introduction
  • Question and answer session regarding Teamspeak and Asseto Corsa Game Settings. Please no wheel settings questions as that would eat up a lot of time and there are plenty of tutorials on the internet for this.
  • Driving lines brief synopsis.
  • Do a few laps following Jeremy. Please no passing. That will happen later:)
  • Class goes out to drive in 10 second intervals. Q&A afterwards.
  • Setup basics. Go over the order in which we start dialing it in ie Tires first and why
  • Start building a setup
  • Class goes back out to try the new settings to see how it feels. Q&A afterwards.
  • Repeat setup and tweaking.
  • Class goes out for 10 minute race.
  • Final Q & A. Class dismissed.
End of Session

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back