Resource icon

Misc AcTools Cars Manager 0.3.63

Login or Register an account to download this content
so i just downloaded the software and its interesting but the preview function isnt working. i click on update livery with custom showroom and nothing happens.

nvm, ive got it work. admin is required.

Actually, you shouldn't run some strange app from internet as an admin. :)

Looks like another weird bug, sorry. I hope it'll go away with next version.
lol its on racedepartment so i deem it trustworthy. I can deal with most intrusions anyways if you wanted to go that way. if it was from a dodgy site i would have used a virtual machine first

lol its on racedepartment so i deem it trustworthy. I can deal with most intrusions anyways if you wanted to go that way. if it was from a dodgy site i would have used a virtual machine first
Oh, I've just undestood what could be wrong. Maybe your AC is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\… and Cars Manager just can't write something in its folder (including updated versions of liveries). Of course, app should show some extra warning on start, I'll fix it.

If it's really the problem, you could easily solve it by enabling access to Assetto Corsa directory to authenticated users (also you will be able to install/edit mods without UAC message).

ntlJJag.png

x4fab updated AcTools Cars Manager with a new update entry:

Support for 1.3.1, some other improvements

It wasn't simple: before I read information about current showroom status from log.txt, but now acShowroom.exe doesn't write any valuable information and uses some kind of very big buffer for it, so it useless.

Also I have some problems with Steam, so if you have any idea how to start acs.exe properly, I would be happy to hear it. Now I'm using some weird twisted trick and don't quite understand how it works at all.

• Preview generator quality has been reduced back...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey x4fab,
unfortunately i get this message since some time ago:

1.png

After i shoot new preview pictures and want to apply the new previews this message shows up.
It says the process cant access the file, because it is used by another process.

Last edited:
I reinstalled the tool one time (also deleted the folders in appdata/local..) and then it worked a short while. But the error came back. No idea whats problem, i hope you know more ;)

I reinstalled the tool one time (also deleted the folders in appdata/local..) and then it worked a short while. But the error came back. No idea whats problem, i hope you know more ;)
Try the new beta-version (https://yadi.sk/d/sz90TX7KjsvzZ, you can also switch in settings), it should work.

possible to change the showroom setting to the black/ dark room? instead of the hanger/ lighted area?
Showroom used to update previews? Of course, just open settings (http://i.imgur.com/22svA4U.png).

sorry about that had not seen that option even, thank you so much for pointing it out again for such a newbie like me.
No problem, sorry for such confusing interface. It's going to be better in the WPF version. :)

while at it, possible to create Preview (jpg or png) for 1x vehicle? or is it only batch operation? somehow i can't figure out how to create new previews for a single vehicle...
Do you mean for 1x skin only? For now there is no such feature, sorry. To update all previews of one car — make right click somewhere around right part of the app (win8 modern ui style and everything), then you'll see blue toolbar with tons of functions. Also you can press Ctrl+Alt+S for manual mode (you will have to set proper camera position and press F8).

No problem, sorry for such confusing interface. It's going to be better in the WPF version. :).
hi there, thanks for the info, I tried all settings for mode, showroom and filter, in all variations, always loads up the hanger and nothing changes, no changes are made. i have studio black for example, does not load it up. also filters, does not apply no matter what showroom or mode i choose, always comes up with hanger. just wanted to share.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.