Small utility for easy editing ui_car.json files. Written using NW.js.
If you have some ideas and suggestions about batch processing or something else, please tell me.
- Please, don't rename application, it won't work properly otherwise. It's a limitation of node.js' binary modules.
- Enable/disable cars; edit name, brand, class, tags, description & specs
- Install new cars or skins or update existing with drag'n'drop from archives or folders
- New fields: year, country, author, version, url; autoupdatable database with values
- Search for description online
- Reassign parents, change and create new upgrade icons
- Detect unoriginal sfx
- View skins & liveries, auto-update liveries colors
- Auto-update Previews to Kunos-style or something else
- Body/Wheels Ambient Shadow Fixer
- Open showroom, start quick practice (or hotlap/drift session)
- Restoration Wizard, Batch Processing
- Delete cars to Recycle Bin
- .NET Framework 4.5
- Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 (x86)
- Some free place (at least ≈0.5GB, just for in case)
- DirectX 11 for custom showroom
- If you don't like generated previews, remember, you can always change PP filter, make them brighter or more saturated. I've just tried to match Kunos style.
- Turns out camera position depends on aspect ratio of game resolution. Built-in values work for 16:9. If you know what camera position/lookat values are needed for other aspect ratios, please, share them.
- Please don't unpack carsmgr.exe in folders like C:\Program Files, it won't be able to auto-update itself.
- If new ambient shadows are not appropriate, you always could restore original from the trash bin.
- If after practice in app default launcher doesn't work anymore, just start practice one more time. Or, if size of AssettoCorsa.exe is ≈10KB and there is AssettoCorsa.exe~at_bak nearby, replace AssettoCorsa.exe with AssettoCorsa.exe~at_bak. It's a long story.
- This app is open-source, and you can do with the source whatever you want, but I highly recommend to write me first – it's written with Js-Ext, and I can't say it's well documented.
- Turns out there are a lot of features people don't know about. Sadly, my English isn't good enough, so i'd really appreciate it if somebody could help me with some documentation.