Resource icon

Misc AcTools Cars Manager 0.3.63

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi there, will test above posted, great help and great guide. really love the program and using it, but previews won't work. will test 1 by 1 from your above post and post here. hopefully will solve my problem and future will solve problems of others if they have issues too.

Hi

Does AcTools Car Manager save the X, Y and distance values after you click SAVE button? If you exit the program and open it again, are the X, Y and distance values the same before exiting?

Did you try to copy carsmgr.exe to "...\Assetto Corsa" root directory?

Did you try to delete "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\AcTools Cars Manager" directory and try again?

Did you try to delete (make a backup before!!!) "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\Assetto Corsa" and try again?

If you open AcTools Car Manager and then while you keep it opened go to "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Temp", can you see a directory that looks something random like "nw7492_25633" with AcTools folders and core files inside?

Did you try with different cars?

Did you disable SweetFX and activated increased delays?

If you try "Manual Update Previews", do you get successful previews or are they "front faced" too?

If you try to take a car photo from inside Assetto Corsa's Showroom itself, does it come as expected or "front faced"?

Do you have any program running on the background that could interfere the mouse or the program? Did you try on safe mode Windows?

Did you try to uninstall all Visual C redistributables, restart, open AcTools and get an error message about a missing Visual C redistributable, install it, restart and then try AcTools again?

Did you try different graphic card drivers?

For me the program is working OK with Windows 10 64 bits, AcTools Cars Manager 0.3.51, Assetto Corsa 1.3.4, NVIDIA GTX 980 + NVIDIA 358.50 drivers, and the carsmgr.exe file copied to the "...\Assetto Corsa" root directory.
hi there, so after almost 12hours of trying it all out...
1) on my main PC, it did not work, same thing happens, pictures are taken from front. but in AC and manually i can take pictures from the correct angles, i tried it all none of the above solutions changed anything, the program still took pictures from front.
2) on my 2nd TEST PC, i can quickly always reinstall everything from snapshot, so tried complete fresh install and did firs time install along with 0.3.51 in root, and did not change anything, still the same. takes pictures from front, manually and in AC i can take correct pictures. (please note, on 2nd PC, no apps, no extras, no nothing, clean INSTALL!) on TEST PC, not even anti-virus installed, complete clean install.

both PC's identical, except for TEST PC has 16GB ram and smaller HDD/ SSD and runs on 2x SLI GTX 970. both windows 8.1 pro 64bit, NVIDIA 358.50 (also tested on TEST PC with older GPU drivers...nothing changed)

Did you try to copy carsmgr.exe to "...\Assetto Corsa" root directory?
1) Yes on 1st PC (no changes)
2) Yes on TEST PC (no changes)

Did you try to delete "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\AcTools Cars Manager" directory and try again?

Did you try to delete (make a backup before!!!) "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\Assetto Corsa" and try again?

Did you try with different cars?
1) Yes, tried with 4-5 KS and 2-3 MOD vehicles, on 1st PC (no changes)
2) Yes, tried with 4-5 KS and 2-3 MOD vehicles, on TEST PC (no changes)

Did you disable SweetFX and activated increased delays?
2) TEST PC did not have SweetFX (no changes)

If you try "Manual Update Previews", do you get successful previews or are they "front faced" too?
1) Yes on 1st PC, successful preview
2) Yes on TEST PC, successful preview

If you try to take a car photo from inside Assetto Corsa's Showroom itself, does it come as expected or "front faced"?
1) NO on 1st PC, come as expected correct
2) NO on TEST PC, come as expected correct

Do you have any program running on the background that could interfere the mouse or the program? Did you try on safe mode Windows?
1) Can’t say for sure, as there are many programs on 1st PC
2) TEST PC, clean PC, NO EXTRAS, just OS, not even keyboard mouse, not even anti-virus, but no changes in preview

Did you try to uninstall all Visual C redistributables, restart, open AcTools and get an error message about a missing Visual C redistributable, install it, restart and then try AcTools again?

Did you try different graphic card drivers?
1) Yes on 1st PC (no changes) (NVIDIA 355.60)
2) Yes on TEST PC (no changes) (NVIDIA 355.60 and NVIDIA 352.86)

If you open AcTools Car Manager and then while you keep it opened go to "C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Temp", can you see a directory that looks something random like "nw7492_25633" with AcTools folders and core files inside?
1) Have not looked here in this yet on 1st PC, will check and report back
2) Have not looked here in this yet on 1st PC, will check and report back

…have to be honest…kind of got exhausted and tired testing all this.

WOW! It's all very strange and rare. :(

Here is a video I just recorded with NVIDIA SHADOWPLAY of how AcTools Auto Preview works for me:

Anyway, very silly solutions I can think of now are:

1) Try Windows 10. ( I use Windows 10 64 bits build 10240 if you want to give it a try) Could it be a DirectX or graphics framework related bug/incompatibility between AcTools and Windows 8.1? :confused:

2) Does AcTools Auto Previews fail with all kind of MODES, SHOWROOMS and FILTERS? Have you tried several combinations of them?

3) Try with an AMD vga or even an AMD/INTEL integrated GPU/APU and remove/disable the NVIDIAs.

4) Try with several different Windows desktop resolutions and refresh frequencies and also different Assetto Corsa internal resolutions and refresh frequencies. (I use 1920x1080@60Hz Windows desktop by HDMI and Assetto Corsa with NVIDIA DSR activated at 3840x2160@60Hz and the option of AcTools "Change size to default 1024x576" enabled. Works perfect for me.)

5) How many monitors do you have pluged to the graphic card?

6) Do you have a gamepad or racing wheel pluged to your PC? Unplug them.

7) Try very old versions of AcTools that you can download from http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/actools-cars-manager.6518/history

8) Try running AcTools as Administrator.

9) Try running AcTools with compatibility mode for Windows 7 or other version.

tried everything and anything i can think of and what you posted. can't get it to work with previews, tried on my laptop, 2x PC's and even on my brothers laptop...no luck! (win7, win8, win8.1 and win10...)

i give up :) all works, great tool and love it!!! except the preview function.

tried everything and anything i can think of and what you posted. can't get it to work with previews, tried on my laptop, 2x PC's and even on my brothers laptop...no luck! (win7, win8, win8.1 and win10...)

Sorry about it. As an option, I can try to use TeamViewer and see what's wrong. Maybe there is some rare bug.

Try to copy d3dcompiler_43.dll and d3dcompiler_47.dll inside the same directory where carsmgr.exe is.

They are DirectX files needed by Assetto Corsa's showroom itself. They can be found at "...\Assetto Corsa\launcher\support". If you don't have them I can upload them to Mediafire or Mega.

Great software!
Will there ever be a Track Manager?
Thanks! I'm working on it right now:
Y9cRQhW.png

But it still requires a lot of time before even alpha-release. On the bright side, there will be a lot of new features (physics analysis, cloned physics detection, graphs viewer/rebuilder, etc).

seriously unless i want to use multiplayer i don't use the standard launcher at all anymore, down side is people get mad because they see me sign into assetto corsa every 5 minutes to try different setups with mods that im doing physics for. Your launcher is just fantastic

Im not sure if its already possible but if you could integrate tags into the search bar that would be great.

seriously unless i want to use multiplayer i don't use the standard launcher at all anymore, down side is people get mad because they see me sign into assetto corsa every 5 minutes to try different setups with mods that im doing physics for. Your launcher is just fantastic

Im not sure if its already possible but if you could integrate tags into the search bar that would be great.
Thank you too! I'm going to add whole package into Content Manager (career, challenges, whole racing setup, presets and stuff). :)

Tags already are totally searchable (along with brand names, authors, years and stuff):
PdoUWQs.png

x4fab updated AcTools Cars Manager with a new update entry:

Perfectly Good Auto-Previews Feature (and also improved filters)

• Auto-Update Previews mode now works perfectly thanks to @6S.Manu!
      • Proper fixed position without any input simulation!
      • You can update one preview at the time
      • PP filter was adjusted to match new 1.4 look
      • Manual mode still works old way, maybe it will be useful for some special cars
      • Stretching & size fixed
    • Filters improved
      • Now with numbers: “year>1995”
      • And specs: “bhp<500”
      • And combining them: “author:Kunos & (bhp...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have error message.
I'm doing the update Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 (x86) but I still get the error message after opening the software.

OOPS!
Uncaught exception, sorry.
Error: Cannot load native module. Make sure you have Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 (x86) installed.
at init (file:///C:/Users/UTILIS~1/AppData/Local/Temp/nw4340_11433/main.js:2072:10)
at file:///C:/Users/UTILIS~1/AppData/Local/Temp/nw4340_11433/main.js:2088:5
at file:///C:/Users/UTILIS~1/AppData/Local/Temp/nw4340_11433/main.js:10213:4

EDiT: Thank you x4fab It is working now!
Do not rename "carsmgr.exe".

Last edited:
I have error message.
I'm doing the update Visual C++ Redistributable 2013 (x86) but I still get the error message after opening the software.
Hmm, sorry, did the app work before? Also, please, make sure executable called exactly “carsmgr.exe” (I think I have to add some warning otherwise). Again, sorry about this restriction, it'll be gone when I'll remake everything without JS tricks.

I love the new version. :) Works ok.

Is it normal that autopreviews take longer to change between skins? Before, with version 3.51, it was faster.

Yes, turns out AC's showroom has special mode for previews, but it could only shot one skin at the time. On the bright side, now it's possible to update previews only for one skin.

Again, maybe you could ask Kunos to add special mode. But I seriously doubt they'll do it. :)

Wow! Is amazing how many undocumented features Kunos has. I can't believe they are not more developer friendly. They must be busy fixing bugs and making the consoles version.

From 6S.Manu words I gather they have some inhouse developed autopreviews-autobatch program/script like yours that creates all the car previews with just one click. Could it be a command line BAT file calling acshowroom.exe pictureMode MODEL SKIN SHOWROOM X Y Z? Or maybe a custom python app inside the game itself? :geek:

Also, I noticed that when autopreviewing if I press the ESC key to cancel, ACtools ignores it and I have to wait for it to finish or kill the program. Happens to you too?

Wow! Is amazing how many undocumented features Kunos has. I can't believe they are not more developer friendly.
Well, this is really makes me sad. So many (very simple to implement!) features which could increase user-experience and modding abilities (for example, I'm not talking about optional third axis, ability to create stuff like your own electronic differential or custom suspension using some Lua scripts or some scripting to dashboard — no, just, for example, proper animated analog clock, rear lights, smooth transition for enabling lights, special light for damaged engine, special light for not enough fuel, stuff like this, I'm sure very easy to implement). But no-o-o, let's make console version instead.

From 6S.Manu words I gather they have some inhouse developed autopreviews-autobatch program/script like yours that creates all the car previews with just one click. Could it be a command line BAT file calling acshowroom.exe pictureMode MODEL SKIN SHOWROOM X Y Z?
No, with pictureMode argument showroom finally uses values from showroom_start.ini, CUSTOM_CAMERA_POSITION, LOOK_AT and stuff. So Kunos just set this parameters once and now starting showroom with this argument.

Also, by the way, I'm thinking about not just fixed position, but optional adaptation for big models. It won't be Kunosy enough though.

Or maybe a custom python app inside the game itself?
No, sorry, showroom.exe doesn't have any python stuff at all.

Also, I noticed that when autopreviewing if I press the ESC key to cancel, ACtools ignores it and I have to wait for it to finish or kill the program. Happens to you too?
Yeah, it's a problem (in pictureMode showroom doesn't look at any pressed keys and my app just starts it again and again for new and new skins). And I'm still not sure how to solve it best. I see two big options now:
1. Set a 500ms timeout between shots, user will be able to cancel whole process. But whole process will be even slower.
2. Set a global keyboard hook on ESC (or another) key. Easier to implement (because of all this stupid JS→C# stuff), but I'm afraid some antivirus software could go crazy. Maybe I'll add this in the next beta-version.

Thanks for this great tool!
I'll just report a small issue that you might put as a warning: The ingame resolution must be set to a 16:9 AR to correctly generate kunos-like previews, else, the camera will be misplaced.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.