Resource icon

Misc AcTools Cars Manager 0.3.63

Login or Register an account to download this content
Happy New Year everybody!!! :laugh:

Hi x4fab, I've noticed after testing several of your builds that the cache at "C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\AcTools Cars Manager" gets messed up. Settings did not stay, so I had to manually delete that folder and let ACTools start clean and configure it. Once deleted it worked OK. Just wanted to let you know. :) Maybe an option or button to auto delete it when autoupdating or trying an older version would be helpful.

Also as you told me I noticed I can finally exit the update process with the ESC key and also update just one skin. Very good!

I read you have a new console app for batch updating. I would love to try and test it.

Hoping 2016 will finally bring us the brand new ACTools Cars Manager. :geek:

Peace and keep on modding AC.

Can we have custom defined cache location? Taking many new previews writes too much data on the ssd, which is never a good thing.

Happy New Year! :)

I've noticed after testing several of your builds that the cache at "C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\Local\AcTools Cars Manager" gets messed up.
Oh, it's another weirdness of nw.js. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I can't do something about it (this folder is made by Chromium part, which starts first). But anyway, next version won't have Chromium parts in any way, so problem will be solved eventually. :)

I read you have a new console app for batch updating. I would love to try and test it.
Of course, here it is. Inside exe, bunch of dll and bat-file as an example.

Hoping 2016 will finally bring us the brand new ACTools Cars Manager.
Just for in case, you can check progress here. :)

Can we have custom defined cache location? Taking many new previews writes too much data on the ssd, which is never a good thing.
Sorry, but I'm afraid it's not possible at the moment. I've changed some of AcTools methods and I'm afraid I can't rebuild that Cars Manager app now (I mean, of course I can, but it'll be even more buggy).

But why don't you use NTFS junctions? You can move whole AppData/Local/Temp folder to HDD and create a junction on it's old place. After all, Cars Manager isn't the only app which intensively writes some crap in that folder.

Hi x4fab

The batch app works very good. Is there any way to change the X,Y,Z and the ppfilter from the .bat file command line? Thanks!

Wow, the new ACTools looks like the best replacement for the Assetto Corsa launcher itself. You are doing the job Kunos won't do, to create a better game launcher. :) I'm also wondering what kind of game launcher will Kunos release for the console version because without mouse and keyboard it's gonna be a pain in the ass for console players if Kunos does not create something brand new, Forza style for example.

The batch app works very good. Is there any way to change the X,Y,Z and the ppfilter from the .bat file command line? Thanks!
Of course! Here is a whole list of arguments:
Code:
  -r, --root          Required. AC root folder.
  -s, --showroom      (Default: studio_black) Showroom to shot previews at.
  -c, --camera        (Default: -2.461, 0.836, 5.08) Camera position.
  -l, --lookat        (Default: 0.497, 0.853, 0) Look at.
  -v, --fov           (Default: 30) Field of view.
  -f, --filter        (Default: AT-Previews Special) PP filter.
  -u, --bodyshadow    (Default: False) Update body_shadow.png first.
You can see it with argument “--help” (or without any arguments).

Wow, the new ACTools looks like the best replacement for the Assetto Corsa launcher itself. You are doing the job Kunos won't do, to create a better game launcher. :)
Thanks! The main feature is that it starts much faster than default AC launcher (and faster than Cars Manager too).

I'm also wondering what kind of game launcher will Kunos release for the console version because without mouse and keyboard it's gonna be a pain in the ass for console players if Kunos does not create something brand new, Forza style for example.
As far as I know, main part of work on console version is being done by some other developers with experience. I'm sure they find the best solution. I just hope it won't be ported to PC. :)

How should options be given on the .bat file? I'm writing them the following way and it gives me error:

BatchPreviewsUpdater -r %AC_DIRECTORY% %CARS_TO_UPDATE% -c -2.461, 0.836, 5.08 -l 0.497, 0.853, 0 -v 30

That's just an example with the default values and the .exe won't accept them. Options are wrongly parsed. I tried with quotations marks. I'm doing something wrong, I know. :) Thanks!

Try like this, it should work (and also more intuitive):
Code:
BatchPreviewsUpdater --showroom=studio_black --camera=-2.461,0.836,5.08 --lookat=0.497,0.853,0 --fov=30 "--filter=AT-Previews Special" "--root=D:\Games\Assetto Corsa" trophy_truck

Take a look at “--camera=-2.461,0.836,5.08”:
  • Without any spaces in coordinates, otherwise you should add quotes (like “"--camera=-2.461, 0.836, 5.08"”).
  • BatchPreviewsUpdater can't parse version like “--camera -2.461,0.836,5.08” (or “-c -2.461,0.836,5.08”) because he thinks coordinates are just another parameter (because of “-”), but it works fine if you set them using“--arg=value” style.

Last edited:
Thanks! Working fine now!

Have you noticed that some cars appear closer and far to the right of the camera when most other cars appear well centered? Is this related to how the car was 3D designed or to something else? Could the KN5 car file be opened and its internal X,Y,Z, or whatever it is, be reset? It happens for example with the Kunos RUF RT12 and some other non-Kunos cars.

I also made a modification of your original .bat file for batch upadting ALL the cars. Here is the code if anybody wants it. :) It creates a file named carslist.txt with ALL the cars you have and then tells the program to update each one of them.

@echo off
cd %~dp0
del carslist.txt

set BatchPreviewsUpdater="BatchPreviewsUpdater.exe"
set AC_DIRECTORY="c:\Assetto Corsa"
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%F IN ('dir /b /ad c:\Assetto Corsa\content\cars') DO echo "%%F" >> carslist.txt
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN (carslist.txt) DO %BatchPreviewsUpdater% --root %AC_DIRECTORY% "%%G"

Also, if you just wanted, for example, to update all Ferrari cars you would modify the sixth line like this:
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%F IN ('dir /b /ad j:\ACBatchPreviewsUpdater\content\cars\ferrari*') DO echo "%%F" >> carslist.txt

Have you noticed that some cars appear closer and far to the right of the camera when most other cars appear well centered? Is this related to how the car was 3D designed or to something else? Could the KN5 car file be opened and its internal X,Y,Z, or whatever it is, be reset? It happens for example with the Kunos RUF RT12 and some other non-Kunos cars.
Usually acShowroom.exe centers car by it's bounding box, but maybe in this mode it doesn't. I'll try to see what I can do. :)

I also made a modification of your original .bat file for batch upadting ALL the cars. Here is the code if anybody wants it. :) It creates a file named carslist.txt with ALL the cars you have and then tells the program to update each one of them.
Thanks! I usually use cygwin+zsh, but almost nobody else does.

Hi x4fab, this car manager is awesome and enabled me to have any skin for any car as I can create a Kunos style preview. Seriously, I used to delete cars/skins that had a different style, but now I can add anything.
I have one problem though, sometimes, very rarely I get a message that the "showroom was terminated too soon". Recently I donated the ASR team to get the Ferrari 643, but I can't create new previews because of the said problem. Can I solve it somehow? Anybody else has that problem with that car? Or at least can you send me the previews if you can create them? Thanks :)

Hi x4fab, this car manager is awesome and enabled me to have any skin for any car as I can create a Kunos style preview. Seriously, I used to delete cars/skins that had a different style, but now I can add anything.
I have one problem though, sometimes, very rarely I get a message that the "showroom was terminated too soon". Recently I donated the ASR team to get the Ferrari 643, but I can't create new previews because of the said problem. Can I solve it somehow? Anybody else has that problem with that car? Or at least can you send me the previews if you can create them? Thanks :)
Thanks!

This usually happens when there is something wrong with the car and AcShowroom.exe can't open it. Does showroom work with it at all? Take a look at Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt (or send it to me through, for example, pastebin.com) right after showroom is terminated, it usually contains some useful information about crash reasons.

Sadly, I can't quite help you since I don't have this car. :)

Thanks!

This usually happens when there is something wrong with the car and AcShowroom.exe can't open it. Does showroom work with it at all? Take a look at Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt (or send it to me through, for example, pastebin.com) right after showroom is terminated, it usually contains some useful information about crash reasons.

Sadly, I can't quite help you since I don't have this car. :)
The showroom via AC works, the showroom launched from the car manager crashes the same way. I have uploaded the log file here :)

Edit: Apparently some wheel thingy is missing: COULD NOT FIND WHEEL OBJECT WHEEL_LF

Attachments

• log.txt
    157.7 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Ok, I see the problem. Apparently I forgot to convert ids to lowercase. And they shouldn't use upper case in car's folder name.

Sadly, I can't fix it right now properly (Cars Manager is a very fragile structure, I don't want to touch it anymore, it's better to spend that time on Content Manager, where I can fix it easily and without any potential problems).

But you can rename car's folder to make it lowercase, it won't change anything (Windows ignores upper/lower case, and AC converts ids to lowercase before processing including data.acd decryption). Just don't change anything else, or AC won't be able to read car's data.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.