(ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface

Apps (ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there any way you can increase the size of the graphs in the live telemetry window? I would like to put them full screen on a 1080p display but when i increase the size of the live-telemetry-window the graphs don't scale, it just adds empty space. Any way to deal with this?

Hi all, i have been troubleshooting alone this problem and searched on every website but i haven't found the solution. So acti is registring my sessions and at the end of a stint it says "Finished processing stint data. Started external MoTeC converter" but it only generates a log file and not the real telemetry as i have to openable files in MoTeC. Any suggestions or someone who solved this problem? Thx in advance

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 53
Hi all, i have been troubleshooting alone this problem and searched on every website but i haven't found the solution. So acti is registring my sessions and at the end of a stint it says "Finished processing stint data. Started external MoTeC converter" but it only generates a log file and not the real telemetry as i have to openable files in MoTeC. Any suggestions or someone who solved this problem? Thx in advance
I think you are having exactly the same problem I discussed in this thread. If you looked at the file extension, you probably only have the .ldx file but no .ld file. If that is the case, check out the fixed I posted in post #521.

Last edited:
Hi,
Does anyone know how I may change default comment Acti puts in the log file? It is using the tire compound as Comments: "Tires: Hard(H)".
TIA

Whenever I ran into this issue over the years I simply did a clean reinstall of the ACTI folder in the documents folder (make sure you backup any data before and migrate that data back after freshly reinstalling ACTI).

This usually fixed this exact issue.

For some reason I can't find the in-game apps from the menu, even though I followed the pdf and enabled the ACTI app from settings. Have I missed something important?

in-game menu:
20230507145801_1.jpg

content manager:
ACTI.png

Hi,
Awesome app, really instructive to have all datas into Motec.

I would add some setup data into the logs, to display the values into motec (aero wing, camberRL, etc etc).
I dunno what does ascii_to_motec.exe exactly, but are channels writed into, or does it will write any channel it receive ? So we could just edit the ac python script and add some channels into PackingString ? Ideally just one time, exiting pit menu.

The goal would be to get setup automatically, without to deal with setup cheat. When changing setup often in seting phase, it can be really cumbersome.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

This app is indeed a gem and a valuable tool for my work.

I have an issue though that appeared a few days after installing ACTI. At the beginning ACTI worked perfectly, saving the generated data files in the indicated folder. Then, I started getting messages as the following:

>>> UDP2 ERROR, type='ascii' codec can't encode character '\uf960' in position 0: ordinal not in range (128)

the encoded character changes every time I start a session and despite the fact that ACTI is both connected and logging, I dont get files at the end of the stint.

If I slice up the data, though, motec files will be produced and work as intended.
Do you have any clue about is wrong and any remedies?

Last edited:
Hey working with ACTI is absolutely great, but I wonder why I can`t get any oversteer or yaw rate values out of my log files. I was adding track reports like I'm used to reading them but I don`t get any values for the rotation of the car.

hey :)
I have a problem with ACTI or I'm too stupid to understand it. can it be that the telemetry data can only be recorded in the single player and not on an online server?. Because I can't get that he records it for me, in the single player yes or not when I'm driving online on the route

hey :)
I have a problem with ACTI or I'm too stupid to understand it. can it be that the telemetry data can only be recorded in the single player and not on an online server?. Because I can't get that he records it for me, in the single player yes or not when I'm driving online on the route

Did nothing particular, and everything works with online practice, quali, race. Did you checked ingame app was connected ? Sometimes I got two acti exe running and have to kill them and hit connect in game.

Did nothing particular, and everything works with online practice, quali, race. Did you checked ingame app was connected ? Sometimes I got two acti exe running and have to kill them and hit connect in game.
I've looked it up again and checked it, no, I only have one ACTI open and Task Manager. The folder is also created from the car and the track but not the Motec data :/.
I can't even take the logs in here, maybe that helps ?

acti.log
>>> INFO : Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface v1.1.2 written by Latch Dimitrov - Dec 2017
>>> INFO : Starting ACTI with loglevel = 3.
>>> INFO : Initializing...
>>> INFO : Initialization complete.
>>> INFO : Accepting incoming trig connection...
>>> INFO : Connect trigger accepted.
>>> INFO : Attempting to connect...
>>> INFO : PHASE2 response length = 328 bytes.
>>> INFO : Connection established.
>>> INFO : Stint recording started...
>>> INFO : Stint recording finished.
>>> INFO : Processing stint data...
>>> INFO : Finished processing stint data. Started external MoTeC converter.
>>> ERROR : ERROR: UDP connection has timed out.
>>> INFO : Connection terminated.

ascii_to_motec
>>> INFO : ascii_to_motec converter v1.0.0 written by Latch Dimitrov - Oct 2014
>>> INFO : Starting converter with loglevel = 3
>>> ERROR : Aborting program! Line #: 185 , Filename: ascii_to_motec.cpp

Anyone know how to fix no damper velocities being logged?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. I was building my own Motec project but when I used the included acti one I see that they are doing them as calc channels.

Last edited:
Has anyone else looked closely at the python code for this app? I was using it as a starting point to get some of the newer extended physics values out. I just don't see how ACTI is getting much of the data it does have, like throttle/brake/steering as well as the track/car name. I know it works, because I see it all in motec, but I don't see how it gets sent to the remote process. Not really causing me issues, I'm just really confused.

Has anyone else looked closely at the python code for this app? I was using it as a starting point to get some of the newer extended physics values out. I just don't see how ACTI is getting much of the data it does have, like throttle/brake/steering as well as the track/car name. I know it works, because I see it all in motec, but I don't see how it gets sent to the remote process. Not really causing me issues, I'm just really confused.
The actual motec conversion is done in the .exe, so you can't add any channels via python.

The actual motec conversion is done in the .exe, so you can't add any channels via python.
Yeah, I get that, I already have my own python motec writer, and the socket connection is no big deal. I'm just trying to understand how the original ACTI tool was getting so much more data than I can see being sent through the udp socket. I ended up sending a big chunk of static data right after the trigger handshake for mine, and many more values through the udp socket in the acUpdate call.
Anyway, like I said, it's not a real issue, it just makes me doubt my sanity when I look at the code compared to what I get out of the original tool.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.