AC Racing Club Ideas

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In this thread you can spit your ideas for the AC Racing Club.
  • Want a special event to be organised?
  • Are we systematically overlooking cars or tracks?
  • You wish to organize a race for the "wifes/men of RD" and hook up your partner with other community partners?
  • Something else? Spit it out here

Hi.

First of all. It's nice that we have loads of various tracks and cars in AC. But at the same time I have notice that a clubrace where we have some modded track and les common car there's only a few participant.
Part of the problem there is practice. I always do some practice for online races so that I can be competitive. I don't like going into an online race having never raced a car or track, or having very little practice. A lot of the time I prefer to race official content too.

Actually @Bram Hengeveld I am being serious here, but how about some weekly club racing where beginners/less frequent sim racers can use aids such as stability etc (but only cockpit view for effect and level playing field)? I myself struggle sometimes with the realistic car handling (or not) of our modern sims and we are all not aliens or have hour after hour to practice. I see in many club races how easy it is to lose control and spin out while trying to at least keep up with some of the fast guys. Demoralising sometimes.

I know the seasoned sim racers find the use of aids aborrent but this would attract new guys to the races safe in the knowledge that they can at least compete without spinning off. Like say Race club light, for members who prefer easier casual fun racing. The aliens would obviously not be attracted to the format, leaving hopefully a more level playing field.
Just my thoughts on the subject.
:thumbsup:

I think you're absolutely right @Andy Jackson.

I believe most of the clubs allow the use of driver aids, just so that those drivers who are new, and/or don't have the adequate equipment (i.e. using a gamepad), are able to still have a good time racing wheel to wheel with guys.

I think you're absolutely right @Andy Jackson.

I believe most of the clubs allow the use of driver aids, just so that those drivers who are new, and/or don't have the adequate equipment (i.e. using a gamepad), are able to still have a good time racing wheel to wheel with guys.

Thanks Chris, but I find that none of them allow stability at low setting to be used. This would help others. In my opinion. Personal choice. If racers wish not to use it, then they dont have to switch it on etc.

Check out our poll and vote which aids you would like to see in club races!

The vote is useless to the guys (and me), as you see most here prefer to have aids off. (HARDCORE) but I cant see why they can't be allowed, just dont use them if you dont wish to? I voted for factory and stabilty and I don't mind admitting it. Can anyone here give me a plausible reason why we should not have the choice? I mean many here say they are faster without the aids anyway so what harm could it do?
:cool:

The vote is useless to the guys (and me), as you see most here prefer to have aids off. (HARDCORE) but I cant see why they can't be allowed, just dont use them if you dont wish to? I voted for factory and stabilty and I don't mind admitting it. Can anyone here give me a plausible reason why we should not have the choice? I mean many here say they are faster without the aids anyway so what harm could it do?

the vote was not useless to me!

it gives me an idea of how many people would want Stability control enabled! I was trying to gather a general opinion from you guys to take back and discuss at a staff level.

Sorry if you feel my effort was useless!

I changed my vote to include stability. As I said in the vote thread, I have no problem with others using ALL aids. I just don't use them myself.

I repeat my query I made there:

Do Aids make you faster or slower? Can some Aliens please test with aids and see if they can beat their best times on their favourite track?

the vote was not useless to me!

it gives me an idea of how many people would want Stability control enabled! I was trying to gather a general opinion from you guys to take back and discuss at a staff level.

Sorry if you feel my effort was useless!

@Simon Knight , I didn't say your poll was useless to you Simon, I said it was useless to guys like me. No need for an apology to me. Most on here would vote to have no aids (as you can see from the poll) because they prefer to race without them. The nature of the beast here and other dedicated race sim sites. Oh the shame of using aids.;) :)

I thank you and the other staff for your consideration. The way I see it, use them if you want, turn them off if you want. But many aliens say that they are faster without these aids, so no problem. It should not bother them if other less able racers use them should it?
But obviously if it proves troublesome, then go back to how it was. But I don't see how Factory and stab will be such a big problem for most. What I do envisage is less spinning out for the less experienced non aliens.

Have a nice day.
Andy

Last edited:
In the sentence before I quoted, you mentioned the staff. So was that directed at us or did you speak of the drivers?

@Georg Siebert I was merely thanking the staff for the consideration. That's all. I still don't know what the problem is? Why can't low stability be allowed? If you dont want to use it, then you dont have to. It's merely an option that's all. But if you feel that some one will gain an advantage from it, then so be it.
I tell you what Georg, lets just forget it eh? It was just an idea to help the less experienced race simmers here in the club races.
Have a nice day. :)

Last edited:
You were the biggest proponent to allow Stability Control for our Club races, but now you're telling us to do so is completely at our discretion.
So what gives?

If @Andy Jackson would have been the queen, I think he would have said:
[...] The way my highness sees it: one uses them if one wants, one turns them off if one wants. [...]

instead of the more informal:
[...] The way I see it, use them if you want, turn them off if you want. [...]

Last edited:
Can I ask if the RD racing club will allow low stability and factory TC and ABS in club races soon?

edit: it seems, (thanks to Simon Knight for telling me) that low stability does allow people to cheat a little by not getting penalties whilst going rough over some curbs.
So I guess its a no go.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back